Rapid PCR test in BCS

2,438 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by CrystalLakeAgbu
WheelinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So in 48 hours supposed to depart for trip to Spain. I just tested positive on home antigen test but would like PCR for verification before dropping the trip. I have very mild cold symptoms that I thought were just allergies.

Emergency room will do it, but with my insurance will super expensive.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
sincereag
How long will you be in Spain? You probably have the Omicron variant and will recover quickly.
WheelinAg
AG
sincereag said:

How long will you be in Spain? You probably have the Omicron variant and will recover quickly.

I assume this as well, but I think traveling to Spain with covid would be a bad idea.
sincereag
Probably so, I don't know the testing requirements for entry into Spain, if there are any.
dubi
AG
Go the the urgent care at the Physician's center tomorrow when they open.
bushytailed
AG
St. Joe's express care. Call early and ask for the drive through option.
KidDoc
AG
COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Central Station - Kiosk (Parking Lot of Kohl's) | Curative
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
KidDoc said:

COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Central Station - Kiosk (Parking Lot of Kohl's) | Curative

"Results typically within 1-2 days after arrival at the lab."

I think he really needs same day results for the Spain trip.
KidDoc
AG
That specific location is 3 hours, every time I have used it I get the result in an hour.

Although they may have changed away from rapid so good point! I haven't needed it since October.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
philothea
They changed a couple weeks ago. Said there wasn't the demand so now they just offer the normal 1-2 days. I tested right before they closed last week and had the results around 8am the next morning. They tell you 24-48 hrs though.
WheelinAg
AG
I tested yesterday at 9am at the st. Joe express drive through near hwy 6 and 40. Got my results at 730 this morning.

A buddy did the curative at the Lincoln center at 8am yesterday and got his back this morning at 7am.

Maybe this info will help someone.
WheelinAg
AG
Double post...
CrystalLakeAgbu
Glad that this is no longer necessary. It was a hassle doing this to return back to the US too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.