Women's Tennis 2023/2024

273,285 Views | 3510 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Signem
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mary is playing!

Good start!

Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary and Mia look great up 5-2 at #1. Struggling at #3. #2 down 3-2 which is a must win.
Gap
AG
We really need the 2 and 3 teams to step way up. They have had a rough weekend so far.

1 - up 5-2
2 - down 2-4
3 - down 2-5
Aggie Tennis
AG
Tough loss. #2 fought back well. Got it to 5-5 and were up 30-love and then Stanford went on a run and we lost 7-5.

Couple of points away from taking doubs. Going to be really tough now, but much better fight than what we saw yesterday.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Just watched lines 2 and 3 doubles. Not good at all. Nicole and Lucciana need time to mesh, and I guess you could say the same with line 3, but line 3 is just not up to par if we want any shot at a national championship this year. it is what it is and let's just hope they can somehow find a groove, but if those are our options for doubles teams I'm concerned. Better pray our singles line ups can overcome our doubles deficiencies right now.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Just watched lines 2 and 3 doubles. Not good at all. Nicole and Lucciana need time to mesh, and I guess you could say the same with line 3, but line 3 is just not up to par if we want any shot at a national championship this year. it is what it is and let's just hope they can somehow find a groove, but if those are our options for doubles teams I'm concerned. Better pray our singles line ups can overcome our doubles deficiencies right now.
Hopefully it improves dramatically, but from what I've seen at #3 so far, it would be better to have Jeanette and Daria playing #3.I thought #2 looked much better than yesterday.
bigfoot10s
AG
Gianna hasn't played good doubles in two years. I'd expect her to not be there soon unless we have zero other options.
Quail
Nicole was not a strong doubles player at UT. Ended up at 3 doubles I think. Just have to find the right pairings as you said, it is what it is.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Doubles used to be our strength. I'd probably move Nicole and Lucciana to line 3 and just throw the other team at line 2. Pray you can win lines 1 and 3. Line 2 will be the sacrificial lamb. We just don't have strong doubles players outside of line 1 unfortunately.
Anchorhold
who would have thought Ellie, Gianna, Jeanette, and Sydney would all see action this weekend?
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary up 5-0 on line 1!

Wish we knew the rationale for sitting her yesterday. Hopefully not overconfidence by Mark. Singles and doubles today, she looks like the best player in the nation.

Daria down 4-0 at 5 and Jeanette up 3-0 at 6. The others are all tight.
Aggie Tennis
AG

It's early buy we look like a different team so far in singles. Need to hold strong on 2-4.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Took four first sets!

Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary Wins! She looked amazing all day.

We win yesterday with her. Very curious what happened with that decision.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Argh. Daria loses a tough second set (and the match). Was way up, had two game points down 5-6, but loses a close one.

Stanford up 3-1.
Aggie Tennis
AG

Still fighting! Have to go three for three in 3rd sets if Jeanette can't take the second. Mia and Nicole were both well in control in the 2nd sets and let them slip.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Nicole plays an amazing 3rd set and takes down Connie Ma. We are strong at the top. 3-2 Stanford.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mia wins! Amazing 3rd set breaker.

Need a miracle on 6 from Jeanette.

3-3 overall.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Line 3 doubles and lines 5 and 6 singles. Our absolute nemesis.
Ag4eva95
It's rough. Jeanette comes out so strong and then flatlines come the 3rd set
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

Sad to say it, but it's just same song second verse with her. When things get tight, she struggles to close it out. Some athletes are better in practice than they are in matches. Incredible athlete. Has not proven to have the nerves that would make her more consistent with the wins.
Aggie Tennis
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Line 3 doubles and lines 5 and 6 singles. Our absolute nemesis.
Agree. I watched end to end and we can take a lot from this match.

• our top of the lineup is elite. 1-4 we can match up with anyone even though Lucciana struggled in the 2nd.
  • Mary is one of best A&M athletes ever.
  • exactly what you said. #3 doubs and #5 and #6 singles are going to be a struggle against top teams.
  • we bounced back after a tough showing yesterday and showed a lot of grit. Stanford is the second best team in the country and better than anyone we will face in the SEC and we almost beat them in Cali.
  • I'm still shocked Mark couldn't figure out how to fill that last scholarship for the Spring. I'm not saying it was easy but this is the difference in being 2-0 and a real threat to UNC for #1.
  • And finally, if we can figure out away to be competitive against at the bottom of the lineup - even split 5 and 6 consistently, we can win another SEC title and make a deep run.
Quail
I may be wrong but I m glad to be tested this early in the season as opposed to the last several where we do not see a good team until ITA's.
Got to play these teams to improve.
This also gives coaches a chance to see who o going to perform.
Just my opinion
bigfoot10s
AG
Lost 4-3. Not the start to the season we wanted, gotta bounce back next week!
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Ag4eva95 said:

Sad to say it, but it's just same song second verse with her. When things get tight, she struggles to close it out. Some athletes are better in practice than they are in matches. Incredible athlete. Has not proven to have the nerves that would make her more consistent with the wins.

This. Starts strong. Then fades. Has the goods but lacking the mental part of the game.
Anchorhold

**** it. Burn it all down. Even the golf team won in San Diego this weekend. Sky is literally falling in Texas.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Fifteen for Team , Farmers Fight, Call it a Night
Rah! Rah! Rah! Team!
Farmers fight!
Farmers fight!
Fight! Fight!
Farmers, farmers fight!

Hell of a show today by this team. Get home safely and go collect some syllabi. BTHOcrimson!

Wrong forum Anchor lol
aggiesherpa
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

I'm still shocked Mark couldn't figure out how to fill that last scholarship for the Spring. I'm not saying it was easy but this is the difference in being 2-0 and a real threat to UNC for #1

I know! Mark needs to get off his lazy butt and do something. He is turning into Jimbo, you heard it hear first.
aggietennisfan
Mary twisted her ankle the day before the San Diego match and sounds like it was a stretch that she was able to even play in the doubles against San Diego. Glad that she had such a speedy recovery.

This was a very close 4-3 loss. If #2 doubles gets the 4-4 no add point, we probably win the doubles point and probably win the team match. This was a much better match than when we lost to them in the NCAA tournament last year so although it is hard to believe this team is 0-2 there is still some positives to take from this match.

We lost #2 & #3 doubles in both matches which is very discouraging. Probably need to look at some changes, but the question is what changes. Who else is there to put in?

I'm pulling for this team through the good and the bad and 99% of the time there is a whole lot of good.
Quail
I was going to say, well the sun came up today and a new day! However, it didn't and it is 9 degrees!
Just think that West Coast trip was a good one to take. Yes, not used to losing but have to play the best to see where you stand.
I think with this team, there will be mainly outstanding days but will be some disappointment. We are going to live and die with Mary. *** And 2 and 3 doubles, and 5 and 6 singles!
Harry Dunne
Good post. A very close loss on the road to a top 5 team shows that this lineup is capable of winning it all despite what is (probably?) the first 0-2 start in program history. Mark will get the doubles sorted out like he always does and I think Mreles will figure it out and be a point of strength for us by the end of the year.

Also San Diego is legit. Probably a top 25 team and on the road, not as bad of a loss as it looks. But we also found out that we are one injury to anyone in the top 3-4 away from being knocked out of championship contention.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I hope he does; he didn't really get it figured out last year. Still a lot left to play, though.
aggietennisfan
Looks like Mark will need to split up some teams or try someone new at 3 doubles. Doesn't seem to be a lot of options. Pretty sad how quick everyone is turning on the coaches and the team. Pretty sure our winning percentage in doubles for the last two season was above 90%. Hard to expect to win the doubles point every single match especially with no-add scoring in a set to 6. Yes, the doubles needs to get better, but let's all be a little more realistic with the doubles and the team and the coaches as a whole. Is this how true Aggies behave? Pretty sorry!
bigfoot10s
AG
Mark and Jordan will figure it out. They have never been afraid to try new teams. We are 2 matches in, the sky isn't falling. Give it time
Ag4eva95
I don't think they are hating on the coaches, we all love Aggie Womens Tennis! But we did see the issues last year and now this year. There is a ton of room for improvement that's a sure thing
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.