Women's Tennis 2023/2024

273,367 Views | 3510 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Signem
Aggie Tennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Appreciate the Georgia HC giving credit where credit is due.

Head Coach Drake Bernstein: "I couldn't be more proud of the way this team fought. I mean really, we were behind the eight ball the entire night and to see this team just continue to push and really force them to play a level of tennis that was nothing short of incredible was, you know, you don't always win. We can control the way that we compete and I'm super proud of the way we did that tonight. It shows how far the teams come."

UGA gave us nothing - we took that match.
AirlineAg97
AG
So happy for our team but so upset this could not have been on a national broadcast for men or women! Terrible with how many options ESPN has!
you moran
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Women's #NCAATennis all-tournament team:

Most Outstanding: Stoiana, TAMU

#1 Stoiana, TAMU
#2 Branstine, TAMU
#3 Khirin, TAMU
#4 Lopata, UGA
#5 Perez, TAMU
#6 Yang, Pepp

#1D Kupres/Stoiana, TAMU
#2D Branstine/Perez, TAMU
#3D Khirin/Mireles, TAMU

Seems good

Wow.
SchizoAg
aggie67,74&76
Texker
AG
Well done!
AggieRain
taylorswift13_
Woke up smiling, we're national champions ya'll
taylorswift13_
What also is definitely worth mentioning is what this means to Nicole Khirin! Besides everyone questioning her leaving texas for Texas A&M, she's had to play this entire season while things in her home country of Israel are in chaos! I can only imagine how tough that might be to be on the other side of the world while friends and family endure such things! Nothing political, but it must be really rough! And for her to deliver the clutch moment in the semis and finals is the perfect story! The Israel Tennis Association had posted about her and A&M winning the national title earlier so I wanted to bring it up! Her hometown is a few miles from Tel Aviv!
Ags77
AG
Congratulations Girls !!!
Gigem
fishoutawater
Aggie Therapist said:

I'd love to learn pickle ball.
if you live in the BCS area there's a very active group that hosts a free intro class once a month. I would imagine there are similar groups in most communities

https://www.brazosvalleypickleball.org/
NJ75AGfdt
Ladies--congrats. An amazing run this year.
"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man," Psalm 118:8.

"In God we trust...all others pay cash!"
cr0wbar
AG
Awesome job ladies
Aggie Therapist
AG
Round Rock

I'm sure there are enough weirdos here to play with
fightintxaggie10
AG
AirlineAg97 said:

So happy for our team but so upset this could not have been on a national broadcast for men or women! Terrible with how many options ESPN has!

It's used to be. Switching it to ESPN + is an absurdly greed driven move by ESPN. When we played Stanford for the National Title it was definitely nationally televised
SAaggie2011
AG
Chills!! So proud of these girls. What an amazing accomplishment!
Aggie Tennis
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

What also is definitely worth mentioning is what this means to Nicole Khirin! Besides everyone questioning her leaving texas for Texas A&M, she's had to play this entire season while things in her home country of Israel are in chaos! I can only imagine how tough that might be to be on the other side of the world while friends and family endure such things! Nothing political, but it must be really rough! And for her to deliver the clutch moment in the semis and finals is the perfect story! The Israel Tennis Association had posted about her and A&M winning the national title earlier so I wanted to bring it up! Her hometown is a few miles from Tel Aviv!

Leave playing #1 for Texas, including winning Big 12 player of the year, to play #2/#3 at A&M.

Win NCAA team title her first year.

LEGEND.
Aggies76
AG
Does anyone know why Nicole transferred to TAMU?
SA68AG
AG
Aggies76 said:

Does anyone know why Nicole transferred to TAMU?
She wanted a better education. And to win a natty along the way.
zephyr88
AG
CONGRATULATIONS Ladies!!!
Chruchie
AG
I was talking to Nicole last night afterwards, and I mention "this is why you came here. To do this!", she replied "oh yeah! HORNS DOWN!". we've got a good one! and she's here to stay!
LB12Diamond
AG
That's great! Thanks for sharing.
aggiedrjdub
AG
And now the speculation begins about next season. LOL!

Man - what a freaking season! Just goes to show that losses don't matter in the regular season. This team walked out with a swagger and I truly believe they knew they were going to win. Belief is what matters most at this level. Not sure if you stayed awake to watch Mary's interview, but she clearly studied her previous matches and came in with a game plan against Dasha and executed like a champ. Smart player and smart coaches!

Congrats Mark - there is not one head coach more deserving! Gig'em!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Aggies76
AG
Mary's interview was great. I loved how she explained her strategy against Dasha, the Georgia player she had lost to before. Mary said she had to be more selective about when she came to the net because Dasha had such a good passing shot. A very thoughtful interview.
StinkyPinky
AG
Sports-Ag said:

I've been playing tennis weekly for almost a year with some friends. We've talked talked joining a club to play against others. This may have been the sign for me to join.
Do it. A sport you can continue to play in your golden years.
StinkyPinky
AG
mmtexasace said:

How about streaming court cameras that are clear
This!
aggiedad55
AG
Congratulations on a hard fought National Championship! Well deserved! Whoop!
bigfoot10s
AG
Aggies76 said:

Mary's interview was great. I loved how she explained her strategy against Dasha, the Georgia player she had lost to before. Mary said she had to be more selective about when she came to the net because Dasha had such a good passing shot. A very thoughtful interview.
Can you post the interview link please? Or is it on their instagram?
oldagpete_65
Is their a link to follow singles play for tennis and golf? Thanks
LB12Diamond
AG
As I have already noted. I think our seeding was BS. I think they knew we were a great team with Carson back. Since we are not one of the blue bloods of lady's tennis they sent us to UNC who has not lost a home match in 6 years.

Now don't go into a tirade the seeding was right bc of our season. The football playoff hosed Florida State who had not lost bc they lost their starting QB. The tennis committee could have moved us up as well bc we got Carson back. They knew her importance and rankings.

Funny thing about that one.

Beating UNC on the road like they did was such a big win. Whatever confidence level our girls had prior to that one, it was escalated even more after that monumental win.

I have no doubt every other team in the tournament took notice and we had a giant mental edge prior to every match.

During our Virginia match, the commentator said he had never seen them dominated like that one.
BadMoonRisin
AG
All the love and all the praise for a wonderful Aggie National Championship! FIRST EVER. You all made us all proud.
Sports-Ag
AG
millertime40 said:

Sports-Ag said:

I've been playing tennis weekly for almost a year with some friends. We've talked talked joining a club to play against others. This may have been the sign for me to join.

Where do you guys play at ? Consol ? If you are fairly decent play in a utr

We're in San Antonio. We play at my buddy's neighborhood tennis court. He's about to have his first kid in September so he will be out for some time so I definitely want to join a club to keep the tennis going. A great sport to stay active as we are in our mid 30s.
taylorswift13_
https://www.instagram.com/p/C7MaYAAu_1a/?igsh=MWFwaXhnMm02czdidA== Here's tcu's mens and our women throwing the trophy around in the pool afterwards lol
Sports-Ag
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7MaYAAu_1a/?igsh=MWFwaXhnMm02czdidA== Here's tcu's mens and our women throwing the trophy around in the pool afterwards lol

Good for them. Would this have happened if TU won?
Aggies76
AG
Unfortunately I have not found this interview online! I stayed up late and watched it on the ESPN+ coverage.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.