*** The Concert Thread ***

154,174 Views | 1958 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by johnnyblaze36
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Echoes97 said:

damn I had that **** right on.
BG Knocc Out
What I would give to be able to go back in time and see THIS Pantera. Had to hide their CD's from my mom in middle school and I damn sure wasn't allowed to see them live. The early to mid 90's was insane musically.

62strat
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

What I would give to be able to go back in time and see THIS Pantera. Had to hide their CD's from my mom in middle school and I damn sure wasn't allowed to see them live. The early to mid 90's was insane musically.

I don't have any pics or video of my show in 97 of course.. anthrax and coal chamber on the bill. Westpark entertainment center, I got right up front eventually!

For ozzfest 2000 I barely have any memories of it at all. I remember some kid(s) came out for a song, maybe this love?

Incubus on that bill too.

People ***** now about putting the phones down and enjoying the concert in front of you not through a screen.

Bs, I wish I had pics or video of those 90s shows I went to! Not the whole damn thing, but something.

I always take a few videos at concerts now. And I go back and watch them periodically.
jh0400
AG
One of the highlights of seeing Damageplan in 2005-ish was that about half the set was Pantera songs.
digging tunnels
AG
Pantera show was absolutely amazing!!! That sound and power was all still there. Phil sounded fantastic. Charlie freaking killed it and Zakk definitely did Dime justice; he was badass

I'm happy to see them again tonight with Metallica.

Go see them if you can!
62strat
AG
Won pit tickets for metallica show tonight… so glad it's tonight and not Sunday for pantera alone!

That and the second show I will likely be much less energetic for the show!
CrystalLakeAgbu
Doing Reckless Kelly at Stubbs tonight. Never been there, so not sure what the venue is like. I have had the tickets for so long that I almost forgot that it was tonight.
maroon barchetta
62strat said:

Won pit tickets for metallica show tonight… so glad it's tonight and not Sunday for pantera alone!

BG Knocc Out
digging tunnels said:

Pantera show was absolutely amazing!!! That sound and power was all still there. Phil sounded fantastic. Charlie freaking killed it and Zakk definitely did Dime justice; he was badass

I'm happy to see them again tonight with Metallica.

Go see them if you can!

Dude it was awesome. Still pumped from last night. The performance, the tribute vids, all of it. I'll go every time they're in town.

I commented to a random headbanger dude next to me that they sounded way better than I was expecting them to and he just said "Zakk Wylde, Zakk f***in Wylde mannnn" lol. He's not DD, but DD would be proud.
gggmann
AG
62strat said:

Nice. If WVH is opening tonight I recommend getting there in time to check him out. I saw him open for GNR a couple of years ago, and he and his band are really good.
62strat
AG
gggmann said:

62strat said:

Nice. If WVH is opening tonight I recommend getting there in time to check him out. I saw him open for GNR a couple of years ago, and he and his band are really good.
wasn't planning on it, but now with pit, yeh I want to be on the outside perimeter so we'll be in early.
BG Knocc Out
Anyone know of any websites that sell the authentic tour merchandise? I saw this sweet purple font Pantera shirt with snake on the front at the merch tent but didn't want to wait in the line and thought to myself "meh I'll just get it online". Almost none of the shirts from the show are on their site though. Oh well, what I get for being lazy.

All I could find was this...which is clearly a cheap knock off compared to what they had at the show.

62strat
AG
Alright texags who wants my lower level seats for tonight only? Near center field, 4th row.

You must already have tickets. I just don't need my seats since I have pit for tonight.
So it's tonight only, and I'm gonna say only upper level people qualify.

Post something here, preferably funny, maybe metallica related maybe not, or just plead your case. I don't know, whatever gets my attention, maybe a few free beers? Lol.
I'll pick someone, two tickets. We can finish up through text. I'll want to confirm that you have upper level seats.

And go!
Cross posted on metro board.

edit to add, I'll pick someone by the time the show starts.
Disclaimer, I'm just going to screen shot my seats to your phone through text; again this will not get you in the venue, but it should be no issues getting to the seats. But I must add, I do not guarantee access to the seats!
maroon barchetta
Man. That's a great deal. Wish I was going and was more local!

Someone will get a great deal!
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe
Heads up, SeatGeek has changed to a "rotating" barcode so screenshots may not work.

There's also been talk that after the first night, transfer will not be allowed for 2-night tickets.

Lot of unknowns, just be aware. Only guaranteed way I would say is to change your password to something temporary and let them use your account for entry.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Heads up, SeatGeek has changed to a "rotating" barcode so screenshots may not work.

There's also been talk that after the first night, transfer will not be allowed for 2-night tickets.

Lot of unknowns, just be aware. Only guaranteed way I would say is to change your password to something temporary and let them use your account for entry.
I've said before.. apparently I need to be really clear

THIS IS NOT A TICKET TO GET IN.
I NEED THESE TICKETS TO GET MYSELF and +1 IN.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TICKET TO GET IN.

This is simply my seats, since I won pit tickets, I won't be sitting in them. You must get in the building on your own, then you can sit in my empty seat.

Hopefully there is no confusion.
Proposition Joe
62strat said:

Proposition Joe said:

I've said before.. apparently I need to be really clear

THIS IS NOT A TICKET TO GET IN.
I NEED THESE TICKETS TO GET MYSELF and +1 IN.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TICKET TO GET IN.

This is simply my seats, since I won pit tickets, I won't be sitting in them. You must get in the building on your own, then you can sit in my empty seat.

Hopefully there is no confusion.

My fault, didn't read it that closely.
Counterpoint
AG
That is so cool Strat. I wish I was going to that show!
G.I.Bro
I'm on the floor in Jerryworld right now. Didn't get snake pit tix but I'm pretty effing close
62strat
AG
Found my spot for the next 7 hours.
G.I.Bro
Are you the guy in the blue shirt and zz top beard?
Peter Klaven
AG
Metallica and 62strat are never too far away, looking forward to some good pics tomorrow! I'll be schlepping it up in the upper deck myself.
BG Knocc Out
Damn I'm jealous. If any of you Dallas concert goers are from Houston and buying stuff from the merch tent already, I'll pay a $20 premium for the purple fans/brothers/legacy T-Shirt in XXL. If not from Houston, I'll pay that plus shipping. I realize that's a pretty ridiculous price for a T-shirt, but p*ssed that I passed on my show souvenir last night thinking I'd be able to get it online.

Echoes97
AG
Will try and grab one for ya man. Heading over now, will be back in Houston on Monday!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
BG Knocc Out
Echoes97 said:

Will try and grab one for ya man. Heading over now, will be back in Houston on Monday!

Awesome man, no worries if not or if lines are too long. I appreciate it, have fun! If able to just PM me, thanks!
62strat
AG
I've picked a winner for my seats. Thanks for the few of you that played! Enjoy no matter where you are!
Proposition Joe
62strat said:

I've picked a winner for my seats. Thanks for the few of you that played! Enjoy no matter where you are!

You are a good man. I wish you fuel, fire, and all that you desire.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

62strat said:

You are a good man. I wish you fuel, fire, and all that you desire.
fire!
I wore my homemade beavis metallica shirt tonight lol.

maroon barchetta
Great pics and location!!!!
Goldie Wilson
How was the sound that close to the stage?
Proposition Joe
Goldie Wilson said:

How was the sound that close to the stage?

I think you need to ask in all caps.
maroon barchetta
62strat
AG
It sounded pretty normal really…. Until the drum kit showed up. Drums are loud, and so when Lars was playing ~10' in front of us, you can hear it, and it's off sync with what the speakers are playing a tiny bit.
BG Knocc Out
Incredible pics. Saw a clip of Pantera from last night on Instagram and Phil didn't sound the best. Hope it was a case of the video just not doing the real sound justice, but he looked and sounded a little rough and I was wondering if he might be a little zapped from the outdoor Houston concert. His vocals were much better than I expected thurs night.

Im 42 and I could probably use a day or two of rest after a hot show like that, and he's a 55 year old who has had major back surgery.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.