the Office Reboot

13,793 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by TXAG 05
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish I could transport my self to the alternate universe that existed where NBC didnt just straight up fail to renew Steve Carell's contract for evidently no reason. Having to watch a revolving door of less-qualiiy characters like Will Farrell, Robert California, the new younger interns Clark Duke and the other Jim -- Etc, etc. -- they could have cut all that awkward stuff out and kept the show as flawless as it was for the first 6-7 seasons.

After Michael left, I don't really have any memorable episodes from the show. I have probably watched each episode prior to Michael's departure -- I want to say at least 10 times. I put this show on to go to bed sometimes and i never fail to laugh out loud laughing with my eyes closed.
TCTTS
AG
Shorthand for "We want to leave the door open for any of the original characters to potentially show up/cameo at any time."
Farmer1906
AG
As long as Greg Daniels is running the show, I will probably watch it. I enjoy pretty much anything he's done in his career. Overall, I think this is a bad idea.
TCTTS
AG
I could not have imagined two more random actors for an Office "reboot," but this at least means things are getting real. That said, it hasn't yet officially been picked up to series...

FightinTexasAg15
AG

Not sure how to feel about this. Both have some great work, I'm just not sure how well this will work.

But the last Office spinoff turned into Parks and Rec so what do I know
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG

Get it....cause...its from...Office....Sp...it's a movie.
Kraft Punk
lol wtf

How do you make the office in the land of woke idiocy?

The whole point of the show was to push the envelope

Eeekkk this is gonna be awful
20ag07
To be fair, the last Office spinoff was The Farm- the backdoor pilot episode in the final season that was intended to move on to a full series, based on Dwight's family. A series that nobody needed. It was well cast, but rightfully killed.
TCTTS
AG

TXAG 05
AG
Interesting.
AustinAg2K
TCTTS said:

I'm not sure if I'm following this correctly. Is it a fake documentary about the fake documentary crew from the original Office?
superunknown
AG
Sweet I always wanted to see what happened to that boom mic guy who broke up with his whatever because he had a boner for Pam
The Porkchop Express
superunknown said:

Sweet I always wanted to see what happened to that boom mic guy who broke up with his whatever because he had a boner for Pam
Brian!
A bottom 5 plot for sure.

The newspaper industry has been dying since the day Craigslist appeared.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
I'm not 100% sure. Here's the official logline...

"The documentary crew that immortalized Dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch is in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper and the publisher trying to revive it with volunteer reporters."

... which makes it sound like the pilot will at least start out from the point of view of an actual camera crew. That said, the aforementioned dynamic from season nine of the original run, where they actually showed the camera crew, and Pam damn near had an affair with one of them, was so unpopular that I can't imagine them going down a similar well again, but who knows.

I'm hoping that phrasing is simply a way of indicating it's set in the same universe as the original run, but that ultimately the camera crew itself isn't going to be acknowledged and won't have any characters featured in-show; that it will be shot/told in the same "mockumentary" style we're used to, a la Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, etc, with confessional interviews and the like, but that's it.
superunknown
AG
I want 1 single cutaway scene of a clearly disheveled Brian sitting on his patio with a table covered in cigarette butts, chain smoking and asking the documentary crew if Pam ever talked about him, etc. Let's push the cringe level absolutely over the edge as a true homage to the og series.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
This'll be like the arguments about whether Lightyear is the story about the toy or the real man all over again.

They definitely made that description too complicated
TXAG 05
AG
I see it being the same format as the first with the crew being an invisible character. I think that tweet about the same crew is just there to give some familiarity and to reinforce that this is the same universe as the first. The crew had a hit documentary series about a struggling paper company, makes sense that they have decided to follow a company in another struggling industry.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.