The Fall Guy - Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt

17,239 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by SlygirlAg
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Unknown Stuntman theme song, unfortunately, but pretty good looking trailer in my opinion. Great looking Action movie with no super heros. I'm in.

Another Doug
AG
Not sure on this one, trailer showed whole movie and I wanted to walk out. Seems like if it was any good, they would make this a Valentine release instead of March 1.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'll watch Gosling do his character from The Nice Guys any time.
zap
AG
Same director as John Wick and Bullet Train + Ryan Gosling. I'm in.
fig96
AG
zap said:

Same director as John Wick and Bullet Train + Ryan Gosling. I'm in.
This. (And Atomic Blonde.)

Though I will be disappointed if the song doesn't make an appearance...have a feeling it will.
Carlo4
AG
It's like Zoolander and John Wick had a baby. I'm sold.

As long as they make fun of the Wilhelm scream.
Four Seasons Landscaping
The original is included with Prime.
MSFC Aggie
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Another Doug said:

Not sure on this one, trailer showed whole movie and I wanted to walk out. Seems like if it was any good, they would make this a Valentine release instead of March 1.

Agreed. It has all the right credentials....right director for this type of movie, great stars, built on an awesome '80s tv show that I loved as a kid. But the trailer didn't grab me.
ABattJudd
AG
There's a quick glimpse of the truck, at least.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
AgTrip
It's no Hooper but I'll watch it!

LMCane
FL_Ag1998 said:

Another Doug said:

Agreed. It has all the right credentials....right director for this type of movie, great stars, built on an awesome '80s tv show that I loved as a kid. But the trailer didn't grab me.
trailer looks AWFUL
AgPediRPh
AG
Lee Majors >>> Bon Jovi
TCTTS
AG
A ton of rave reactions from the SXSW premiere tonight. Seems we might very well have a huge crowd pleaser on our hands. Universal must be especially confident, considering they premiered it publicly nearly two months in advance.
Gomer95
AG
As a BIG fan of the tv show, I'm IN.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

A ton of rave reactions from the SXSW premiere tonight. Seems we might very well have a huge crowd please on our hands. Universal must be especially confident, considering they premiered it publicly nearly two months in advance.
just posting this one to be contrarian.

TCTTS
AG
That's literally the only even remotely negative reaction I've seen so far. Granted, I'm SURE there's plenty of shine in this being the very first audience to see it, with the stars introducing the movie at the SXSW premiere, etc. But when initial reactions are this effusive it almost always means we're at least in for a decently fun time and solid movie.
LMCane
TCTTS said:

That's literally the only even remotely negative reaction I've seen so far. Granted, I'm SURE there's plenty of shine in this being the very first audience to see it, with the stars introducing the movie at the SXSW premiere, etc. But when initial reactions are this effusive it almost always means we're at least in for a decently fun time and solid movie.
at least it's not the 1,675th CGI comic book!
Iowaggie
AG
Maybe, but I loved the Unknown Stuntman theme song. Maybe that's why the reviewer dissed the show.

And Heather Thomas walking through the double doors in the opening theme song was worth watching.

I look forward to checking out the movie...eventually.
YouBet
AG
Dude has been my man crush for a bit so I'll watch this. Unfortunately, the entire damn movie was shown during previews of Dune 2. already know the whole story. So I'll probably just rent it now.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Emily Blunt?

Hollywood was much better with Harvey Weinstein doing the casting.
YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Emily Blunt?

Hollywood was much better with Harvey Weinstein doing the casting.

She Jennifer Greyed herself btw. Doesn't even look like herself anymore. Got work done.
TCTTS
AG
What in the world are y'all talking about? She looks incredible at 41, and basically the same as she ever has. That said, it's been 18 YEARS since The Devil Wears Parada. Faces change. People age. But she's aged about as gracefully as anyone possibly can, IMO.
bangobango
AG
Emily Blunt not pretty is a take only a man who truly loves him some deek could have.

I kid, I kid.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

What in the world are y'all talking about? She looks incredible at 41, and basically the same as she ever has. That said, it's been 18 YEARS since The Devil Wears Parada. Faces change. People age. But she's aged about as gracefully as anyone possibly can, IMO.

She got her teeth done at least. She looks different now.

I'm not saying she looks bad; just different.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The unknown stuntman deserves better.

You get a top gun 2 vibe from this move.

Seems like we in a bizarro world now where now sex doesn't sell.
TCTTS
AG
Fantastic final trailer, one that has me more excited than ever. This looks like so much fun...

The Fall Guy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1684562/
May 3, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

bangobango
AG
Can already tell it is going to be a fun night for me and my wife.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Movie was awesome. Such a fun watch.

The chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt is insanely good, the action scenes are awesome, and the banter is funny throughout the whole movie. (And some pretty good needle drops.)

And as a movie fan, I loved the constant movie quotes, references, and meta jokes.

Pretty much impossible to not have fun watching this movie.
TCTTS
AG
Great to hear.

Early screening?

I'm seeing it Saturday and am definitely looking forward to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Don't usually have those in my AMC, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Got a ticket for Apes next week.
The Porkchop Express
Gosling and Mikey Day rolled up at the Fall Guy premier as Beavis and Butthead last night.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Petrino1
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Movie was awesome. Such a fun watch.

The chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt is insanely good, the action scenes are awesome, and the banter is funny throughout the whole movie. (And some pretty good needle drops.)

And as a movie fan, I loved the constant movie quotes, references, and meta jokes.

Pretty much impossible to not have fun watching this movie.
Agreed. I went in without seeing the trailer and not expecting much, but was blown away by how much I enjoyed the movie. I was cracking up throughout the entire film. Lots of action, funny moments, and great performances all around.

The placement of songs in certain scenes was awesome: I believe in a thing called love, Taylor Swift, Take a look at me now etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.