Secession from Baton Rouge approved

2,743 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by halfastros81
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Approved by the Louisiana Supreme Court, not the city.
Baton Rouge has been fighting this for 5 years, and
probably will appeal and continue to cry racism.
But it appears that 86000 of Baton Rouge's 220,000 are
leaving because they want their own school district.
This also happened recently to Austin, though not so many left.
BMX Bandit
What else happened last week?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3458040/1#discussion
Logos Stick
LOL. They are claiming racism.
Slicer97
AG
Logos Stick said:

Typical of democrats and their supporters. Never able to recognize that their policies are stupid and damaging. It's always someone else's fault.
FDT 1999
AG
I love it! More and more towns and neighborhoods need to do this. Cut these leftist leaches off and let them fend for themselves.
BTHOB-98
So what I take away from that is that if you are the one footing the bill for an entire city and you leave the city because you don't like how your money is being spent irresponsibly and then you form a new municipality where your money can be spent responsibly then you are racist?

Highway6
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

So what I take away from that is that if you are the one footing the bill for an entire city and you leave the city because you don't like how your money is being spent irresponsibly and then you form a new municipality where your money can be spent responsibly then you are racist?

Of course it's racist to not stay around so worthless grifters can't steal your money.
Muktheduck
Logos Stick said:

Always a kicker. "Those oppressive whites just keep trying to get away from us!"
BCR
Again?
sek92
AG
Me too! Instead of using school vouchers to individually move to a better school district, the whole town moves.
Ciboag96
Looking for Kingwood and Clearlake to do the same in Houston
captkirk
AG
The parasite will never willingly depart the host
TexAgs91
AG
Logos Stick said:

If everything is racism, the word no longer has meaning. They'll need to be more specific.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
El Gallo Blanco
Muktheduck said:

Logos Stick said:

Always a kicker. "Those oppressive whites just keep trying to get away from us!"
How dare they leave us alone to determine our own destiny! Tyranny! Oppression! Basically slavery!
deddog
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Fiscal responsibility and common sense are racist white constructs.
MAROON
AG
they are not technically leaving Baton Rouge, they were never a part of it. St George is an area that was unincorporated within East Baton Rouge parish.
Irish 2.0
This was their appeal. They lost. No more avenues for Baton Rouge to go to stop it.

Feds have no jurisdiction here.
Logos Stick
Irish 2.0 said:

This was their appeal. They lost. No more avenues for Baton Rouge to go to stop it.

How about civil rights violations?
Irish 2.0
Logos Stick said:

Irish 2.0 said:

They can try that route, but good luck. Landry and Murrill are both (R) and doubt they'd allow BR to use state funds to try to fight it further. Bel Edwards gave BR his blessing. They don't have that luxury anymore.
AgNav93
AG
Logos Stick said:

Ya. Racism. Sorry we don't want to hang around and have our hard earned money be pissed away on stupid *****
YouBet
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Yet.
MAROON
AG
Logos Stick said:

Irish 2.0 said:

What civil rights would the claim are being violated?
halfastros81
AG
Baton Rouge and east Baton Rouge parish have a consolidated city/parish government tho. I guess Saint George will not be a part of the consolidated parish government . This is all about keeping your sales tax revenue for the benefit your citizenry which sounds very sensible to me .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.