Chevy ditching the Malibu

5,545 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Buck Turgidson
Flying Crowbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every time I see a Malibu, I hear Mahk's voice.

Athanasius
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

Every time.
HDeathstar
Ford only has the mustang. That change happened awhile back.
No Spin Ag
Logos Stick said:

SunrayAg said:

The american auto makers can't compete with the Japanese auto makers in the small and mid sized car market.

I read somewhere that for every unit sold, the big 3 have roughly 5000 dollars of the sale price already spent on health care for retired employees and their spouses.

The Japanese auto makers are not bound by the same ridiculous union contracts, so they can sell the less expensive models at a much higher profit margin.

GM has also jumped head first into the bidentard climate cultist insanity and has announced no more ICE vehicles by a certain year.

Ford and Toyota appear to have both said they are leaving ICE as a future option.

So I see no need to ever buy another GM product, and am content to let them rot with their own stupidity.

Toyota is going the hybrid route. For example, this year's Camry is the last ICE model.

And seeing how well Toyota does, that's going to mean a lot more hybrids on the road soon.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

I hate myself for laughing as hard as I did at this. I'm not sure if I laughed hardest at "Cheryl, are you high right now?" Or "We're all just laughing now 'cause this guy's daughter is a *****?" but I was the whole time.
tysker
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

Not from this one but another one of Mahk's vids
Quote:

Family that rides in a Ford together, doesn't die in a Chevy
Buck Turgidson
agwrestler said:

agsalaska said:

To the sedan conversation,

I've had a Camry and a Altima that I put LOTS of miles on years ago. I guess I got rid of the last one and went all truck/suv in 2014.

Like someone said perception is everything and I just feel safer off the ground. Sedans just ride too low for me now and every time I'm in one I get this uneasy feeling, especially when I pull up next to a truck and see the truck's bumper about even with my head.

We have an older F150 and a newer Pathfinder. Giving the F150 to my daughter in October when she turns 16 and getting another F150(older of course)

I will keep my wife in a mid-fullsize SUV specifically because of the brodozer epidemic in DFW. Bunch of impatient *******s zooming around in their 6+ lifts and angry about their Mike-n-Ike *****.

Yep. I have two who will be driving this summer and one more right behind them. No way am I putting them in a small sedan on Houston freeways with brodozers tailgating them at 80+ mph. Full size SUV or pickup are all I'm looking at right now for their first vehicle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.