Lost Creek disannex from Austin

3,493 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by cr06gis
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kut.org/austin/2024-05-05/may-4-2024-election-disannex-city-of-austin-lost-creek-blue-good-road-river-place

Lost Creek, two other areas of Austin vote to remove themselves from city limits

Unofficial, but final results show that 91.29% of Lost Creek voters were in favor of Proposition A to disannex from the city

samurai_science
We need to see more of this, and yes disannex is a word.
BassCowboy33
samurai_science said:

Also the opening act for Godsmack at Gexa next week.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This is reportedly going to pickup in Houston as well.

Would be hilarious is Kingwood removed themselves
Phatbob
AG
samurai_science said:

It's what incorporated townships take for their ADHD
Bird Poo
AG
Freedom!
kag00
AG
Good for those communities, awful for the cities since the most reasonable councilmen come for these kind of areas. All that is left will be the wackos pushing their agenda even harder with zero voice of reason.
Bird Poo
AG
kag00 said:

Good for those communities, awful for the cities since the most reasonable councilmen come for these kind of areas. All that is left will be the wackos pushing their agenda even harder with zero voice of reason.

If the conservative voice of reason is never considered by these loons, F'em.
Ciboag96
kag00 said:

Sometimes when a field is not producing and is chock full of weeds, the best thing you can do is to let it burn. The result after the devastation is a sprout of new green shoots.
flakrat
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I lived there when they annexed Kingwood and the baby blue HPD cars rolled in.
Agthatbuilds
It'd be awesome if this one vote caused such consequence
ABATTBQ11
AG
kag00 said:

They will eventually run out of money and be so crime ridden that they'll have to reverse course with no one to blame. It may suck for awhile, but like children they need to make mistakes to learn from them.
Teslag
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Kingwood can't legally do this. Only an option for areas that were annexed between 2015 and 2017.
TX04Aggie
AG
Clear Lake would also like the option again, I am sure.
hunter2012
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

kag00 said:

They will eventually run out of money and be so crime ridden that they'll have to reverse course with no one to blame. It may suck for awhile, but like children they need to make mistakes to learn from them.
You must not know any regressives, there's always someone to blame, because those that advocate for the state CAN DO NO WRONG.
deddog
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

kag00 said:

Never underestimate the ability for democrats to quadruple down on stupid.
TRADUCTOR
Disannex then build a wall.
94AGBQ
AG
kag00 said:

With one exception, there already aren't any reasonable council members on the Austin city council. There is one republican that represents the NW/Lake Travis/ Lakeline section of town out of the ten members. No meaningful conservative policies will ever be passed in Austin. I hope every area that can leave Austin will as soon as they can.
samurai_science
94AGBQ said:

kag00 said:

With one exception, there already aren't any reasonable council members on the Austin city council. There is one republican that represents the NW/Lake Travis/ Lakeline section of town out of the ten members. No meaningful conservative policies will ever be passed in Austin. I hope every area that can leave Austin will as soon as they can.
The City Council worked better before they went to district voting or whatever the term is.
Baseball Is Life
I am in RR now, but I still keep up with a lot of the Austin news. There was some dumbass on Fox7 the other day talking about how he didn't want to deannex from Austin, due to the trash service provided. What a stupid reason to base your vote on, unless he was using that as a BS reason in front of the cameras.
The Fife
I've been away from the area for too long - never even heard of Lost Creek before.
CapCity12thMan
AG
Lost Creek is just across hwy 360 from Westlake HS. It has basically one entry road into it, and then you can navigate your way to the backside of Barton Creek CC. There is crime there already.

We live a bit west of there, and are in an ETJ - not Austin, and our trash pickup is just fine, as is our water (Barton Creek Water District). our Fire/EMS is serviced by Travis County. Prop tax rates about .5% lower than CoA.

Agthatbuilds
Sw side of 360 and bee cave
WolfCall
AG
Teslag said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Kingwood can't legally do this. Only an option for areas that were annexed between 2015 and 2017.
Can't communities get the state legislature to pass a bill to disannex from cities?
Teslag
AG
Of course. But I'd put the chances of that happening to near zero.
The Fife
Ok, that helps. I was assuming from the name it had to be out towards Westlake and Bee Cave. There was some random small stuff over and around there back in the day.
CSTXAg92
AG
I think as we see more of this in Texas it will open minds to Texas eventually doing the same thing.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Clear Lake would also like the option again, I am sure.

Yes we do.
LostInLA07
AG
What good ole boy favor resulted in the limitation on years? I could see any property after a certain year but 2015-2017 seems sus.
aezmvp
Can't do this... yet. If some areas can figure out a way for it to benefit when lines are redrawn it'll go through the legislature.
TexAgs91
AG
I guess Lost Creek doesn't want their lives to be at the whim of a huge population of t.u. libtards.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
cr06gis
AG
My BIL lives in Lost Creek. Him and his wife are liberal af. I doubt they even voted. Hilarious

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.