Do you believe the economic numbers are manipulated?

2,522 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgDad121619
General Jack D. Ripper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe they are or maybe they aren't. There's no trusting this association of clowns and tyrants. However, do people vote based on their personal experience relating to the economy or do people vote based on what they are told the economy is doing? In other words, if it is a lie, how long can they benefit from it?
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
kb2001
AG
People will believe what they want to believe. If they support democrats, they will believe it when the democrats tell them everything is great. The greatest manipulation the party ever pulled off was to convince people that what they see with their own eyes is not true, and to ignore their own experiences.

sam callahan
Fewer businesses and households are willing to participate in the surveys. So the numbers are inherently less reliable
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I believe all government numbers are manipulated.
Tramp96
I seriously doubt that the majority of Americans are watching the evening news and paying attention to the quarterly reports or even the stock market news much. Most likely they will pay attention to the unemployment and job report announcements, especially if they are one the unemployed or underemployed.

Even if they did pay much attention, it's not going to change what they are experiencing personally...EVERYTHING costing significantly more than it did 4 years ago. Gas, food, utilities, car insurance, homeowners insurance.

No report on the evening news is going to negate that very simple economic reality. No report on the evening news is going to negate the fact that a person is still unable to find employment after being laid off 8 months ago.

This is what the elitist DC government establishment and mega-corporate media establishment just don't understand. Their propaganda is powerless against the family economic situation.
DeSantis 2024
Sims
AG
It's a common knowledge problem. Some things make no sense technically but as long as everyone is playing by the same rules, they work. Analogous to cigarettes being currency in prison...that doesn't make any sense but as long as everyone believes it, game on.

As unbelievable as the NFP numbers are, the market trades off of them so you have to consider what they are and not what you think they should be.
CoppellAg93
AG
I don't listen to anything the government says on the economy.

I just go to the gas station, or the grocery store, or a restaurant. The numbers I see at those places are the only ones I need to know.
peacedude
AG
Take the Red pill, bring out the Ouija and Monopoly boards, drop some acid, and start chanting numbers.

Your numbers would be more accurate than anything coming out of a dim regime.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i do not believe they are manipulated i know they are manipulated. by a **** ton.
No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

I believe all government numbers are manipulated.

Every day, by every administration, since the beginning.
Ag In Ok
AG
Listen to Eric Weinstein on how CPI was messed with going back decades. It's an old, old trick to manipulate the masses.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
kb2001 said:

People will believe what they want to believe. If they support democrats, they will believe it when the democrats tell them everything is great. The greatest manipulation the party ever pulled off was to convince people that what they see with their own eyes is not true, and to ignore their own experiences.

This. On another board I visit that leans very liberal, a democrat was making fun of a family member and said that her family member insists gas is more expensive under Biden and that groceries have gone up significantly. This led to a liberal conversation of how Fox News is telling people things are more expensive when they really aren't and the economy is so much better under Biden.
whatthehey78
AG
Manipulated? Never thought otherwise. Politicians mantra = Live in the shadows. Lie when in the light.
Fenrir
I wonder what percentage of those people are that delusional vs feds pretending to be normal people while pushing propaganda.
japantiger
S
YES....This should have been a 1 post thread with 1,000 likes. Then lock the thread.
Gaw617
Yes the data is a misrepresentation of reality.
BluHorseShu
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

Maybe they are or maybe they aren't. There's no trusting this association of clowns and tyrants. However, do people vote based on their personal experience relating to the economy or do people vote based on what they are told the economy is doing? In other words, if it is a lie, how long can they benefit from it?
They're always fudged to benefit who's in office.
halfastros81
AG
National debt and personal credit card debt levels are very telling statistics imo. The latter in particular and I think that is a key to assessing how the masses are really doing economically and it's not good at all.
txags92
AG
I keep seeing all of these people posting up little graphs showing things like the average price of a fast food meal going up faster than inflation or the price of some other random item going up faster than inflation. And the people posting it are trying to say it is evidence that the companies are all being greedy and driving inflation up by inflating their prices. But to me it is clear evidence that the official inflation rate numbers dramatically understate actual inflation.

If all your rain gauges in an area are showing 100+ yr rain totals and everybody is claiming that their houses are flooded, but the river flood gauge says the river is at normal levels, you don't assume all the rain gauges are off, you assume the river gauge is off. Same thing when the price of just about anything you try to measure is going up way faster than the official inflation number, the logical conclusion is that the official number is understating the problem.
BadMoonRisin
AG
The old corpse in the white house is blaming this all on corporate greed and shrinkflation -- in other words, not his problem, Jack.
ac04
there is no question about it, of course they are heavily manipulated.
aggiejayrod
AG
Does the pope crap in the woods?
American Hardwood
AG
If you could graph what a person is told and believes as a line, and graph what a person experiences and knows to be true as another line, the intersection of those lines is your conversion point or "red pill" moment.
annie88
AG
I believe everything the Biden administration has put out as an absolute lie. And they're not even trying to hide that it's lies. And everyone knows it's lies, even the media.
txags92
AG
annie88 said:

I believe everything the Biden administration has put out as an absolute lie. And they're not even trying to hide that it's lies. And everyone knows it's lies, even the media.
What surprises me is that the market still reacts to the announcements each month as if it is true, even though they are usually simultaneously revising previous months' reported numbers in the same announcement to be worse than initially stated. And every time, the media will call the changes "unexpected". Guess what...you do it every time for 3 years, it is expected by now.
PCC_80
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

kb2001 said:

This. On another board I visit that leans very liberal, a democrat was making fun of a family member and said that her family member insists gas is more expensive under Biden and that groceries have gone up significantly. This led to a liberal conversation of how Fox News is telling people things are more expensive when they really aren't and the economy is so much better under Biden.
I heard that the Dems/Libs are now saying that inflation was way worse under Trump than it is now and that we should thank Brandon for reducing Trumps inflation.

Absolutely bizarre that people actually accept these ridiculous lies and repeat them to everyone else as verifably true.
AgDad121619
AG
A lb of butter was $6.99 this weekend and right around $5.00 a year ago. 40% >>>> 3%. Loads of examples out there. Throw in the quietly released revisions that always correct in the wrong direction - hell no I don't believe anything released anymore
UTExan
AgDad121619 said:

A lb of butter was $6.99 this weekend and right around $5.00 a year ago. 40% >>>> 3%. Loads of examples out there. Throw in the quietly released revisions that always correct in the wrong direction - hell no I don't believe anything released anymore

This x 1000.
Middle class is feeling gas, food, utility and rent prices crushing them, largely impelled by Biden's energy policy. I hope the GOP has enough intelligence to inform voters of Biden's role in consumer price increases.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
YouBet
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

We already know they are manipulated. It's a fact.

Economic definitions have been changed numerous times over the years to continually make the numbers better than they really are. It's classic government propaganda. Our government is no longer a legitimate body; they are every bit as bad as any other corrupt government. Our government just happens to still enjoy the halo effect of our former glory.
cevans_40
AG
Lies, damn lies, and government statistics
mjschiller
AG
Marxists manipulate everything. Just like satin their boss.
American Hardwood
AG
The government is full of Winston Smith's working hard every day.
txags92
AG
mjschiller said:

Marxists manipulate everything. Just like satin their boss.
I have heard he likes a shine to his suit, but Satin just seems so impractical for what he does day to day…
txags92
AG
American Hardwood said:

The government media is full of Winston Smith's working hard every day.
FIFY. The media has the biggest memory hole in the world and they use it exclusively to disappear facts and stories that are inconsistent with the desired DNC narrative.
American Hardwood
AG
The media does their part, but this topic is about phony government numbers. Winston's can be found in both institutions for sure though.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.