Google Storage Issue -- keeps saying out of space even after cleaning out

783 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Pinochet
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
multiple gigs of files. I was over and got rid of at least 4 gigs of files of the 17G being used. Each time I usually did 1-2 gigs and it shows it down and then few hours later, it goes back to saying i am out of space. They are pushing me to upgrade my storage limit, but feel like i am being deceived.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this Google Photos? If so, this happened to me. Any pictures before June 2021 will not free up any storage space. Do not delete them.
AgShaun00
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this Google Photos? If so, this happened to me. Any pictures before June 2021 will not free up any storage space. Do not delete them.
google photos, drive, and mail. But I deleted 4 GB of vidoes prior to 6/21 and nothing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds like that's it then. Any photos/videos from prior to 6/21 don't take up storage. And what sucks is if you delete then re-add them, they will.

I lost about 5 gbs of storage due to this and had to transfer half my images to my backup Google account.
CC09LawAg
If you had happen what I had happen - I think they made a change to their platform or something like that, and I was originally grandfathered in under the previous storage scheme.

Something about Google Workspace. I was getting e-mails that my grace period would end in January and sure enough it did and I couldn't change/edit anything till I switched. The email had the help links to switch.
TAMU-93
AG
I think you have to empty your trash bin to free up the space. If you don't do it manually, they sit there for 30 days, taking up space.
AgShaun00
AG
TAMU-93 said:

I think you have to empty your trash bin to free up the space. If you don't do it manually, they sit there for 30 days, taking up space.
empty everything that i can. all the stuff i was deleting was prior to 2021.
kyledr04
AG
One more reason to miss the unlimited data from the Association
aggielax48
AG
Are you still auto backing up photos? Maybe you deleted a bunch, then started backing up photos again once some space became available.
Pinochet
I ran into this. If you click the link to free up space, it will let you permanently delete things. Otherwise, you end up having to wait some period of time after you delete things before they're really gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.