Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gotta little story for ya, Ags - Alex meets Mike Rowe

13,521 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by MasonB
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd buy a cap as well.

Charge us $10 more than your cost, so it helps defray the cost of you guys using them for your son's efforts.

My wife buys them for our HS booster club. I think you have to order 50 or 100 patches at a time, but you can order as many or as few hats as you'd like. If you already have the patches, that makes it easy.

I think a Richardson 112 hat, with a patch, was something like $14 each. Maybe less. PM me and I'll see about her helping you guys, if you'd like.
AJ02
AG
I'd be in for a cap as well.
Caliber
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I'd buy a cap as well.

Charge us $10 more than your cost, so it helps defray the cost of you guys using them for your son's efforts.

My wife buys them for our HS booster club. I think you have to order 50 or 100 patches at a time, but you can order as many or as few hats as you'd like. If you already have the patches, that makes it easy.

I think a Richardson 112 hat, with a patch, was something like $14 each. Maybe less. PM me and I'll see about her helping you guys, if you'd like.
100% make this a fundraiser to help offset some costs. I'm in.

I love this story! So much good all around.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I'd buy a cap as well.

In for at least 2 caps.
rossuvet12
AG
In for two caps
MasonB
AG
Ok. We have a project going in the shop - Alex is helping build a little free library.

But I'll work on the cap project as soon as I can.

Little informal poll....

A) Embroidered directly on the cap

or

B) patches attached to the cap

Trucker style seems the way to go, but any comments on style or colors is welcome, too
dubi
AG
MasonB said:

A) Embroidered directly on the cap
Agape91
AG
Don't want to add to your plate as you seem to stay busy but would an online store associated with the channel be something you two could develop together? Help him learn more of the business side of his venture, supplement his education and allow you to provide even more educational content. Would allow those who want hats to support the channel without affecting your inventory and you could offer other items as well. I'm sure others here with experience in this and can offer advice.
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

AgGrad99 said:

I'd buy a cap as well.

In for at least 2 caps.

I'm in for 2 as well and would like to be 'overcharged' as it were above, you know to combat inflation and do the right thing.
Fore warned is fore armed.
MasonB
AG
Oh, don't you worry. Whatever happens that little turkey is gonna to have to help!
fullback44
AG
Great story
AgGrad99
AG
Patches.

Embroidery messes up the hat
MasonB
AG
Ok. Been looking at different ways to set this up all weekend.

I have a handful of caps and some shirts to test out a platform.

More caps will be ordered soon and hopefully I'll have any kinks worked out by the time they arrive.

So if someone wants to test out the online order, we have 5 trucker hats and 10 dad hats to ship now. If you get a crazy shipping cost or anything else quirky, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

Note that the shirts that say ship from printer won't come directly from us and we can't control the shipping cost.

https://e74737-e7.myshopify.com/
txags92
AG
MasonB said:

Ok. Been looking at different ways to set this up all weekend.

I have a handful of caps and some shirts to test out a platform.

More caps will be ordered soon and hopefully I'll have any kinks worked out by the time they arrive.

So if someone wants to test out the online order, we have 5 trucker hats and 10 dad hats to ship now. If you get a crazy shipping cost or anything else quirky, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

Note that the shirts that say ship from printer won't come directly from us and we can't control the shipping cost.

Worked just fine for me. Ordered two trucker hats and a tshirt and it showed about $15 for shipping. Thanks!
txag2008
AG
Beyond cool. That story/post made my evening
MasonB
AG
Alex will box the caps tomorrow and slip you in a couple of small extras to say thanks for being customer #1

Thank you!
txags92
AG
MasonB said:

Alex will box the caps tomorrow and slip you in a couple of small extras to say thanks for being customer #1

Thank you!
Thanks Mason! And Alex. So, after I purchased, my wife told me she would rather have the Dad hat instead of a trucker hat. Can you just swap that out when you box them up?
MasonB
AG
Absolutely I can.
MasonB
AG
Some great learning going on this morning!
AJ02
AG
Placed my order. Shipping looked correct and I already got my order confirmation email.
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
Placed my order Mason and Alex! Thank you both very much and can't wait to wear proudly!
Fore warned is fore armed.
AgGrad99
AG
Put it an order today also
rednecked
AG
just ordered a hat. the world needs more Dad's like you and kids like Alex!
dubi
AG
Link to order?
txags92
AG
dubi said:

Link to order?
Bottom of this post: Gotta little story for ya, Ags - Alex meets Mike Rowe - Page 3 | TexAgs
TH36
Ordered a shirt! Glad to support such a good cause. I don't know you but when you write about your children it usually brings tears to my eyes so I'd say you're a damn good Dad.
fightingfarmer09
Absolutely awesome for you and your son.

Seen quite a few of the videos and glad you have continued to make them.
Caliber
AG
Trucker hats are sold out!

If it's possible, you might set things up as a pre-order, that way you aren't out money up front.

Still in for a hat, just missed the last few you had.
MasonB
AG
So we only had a handful of trucker caps and you guys wiped us out pretty quick!

More are on order.

As a funny aside, Alex's math assignment today was adding and subtracting money. He said, "Dad, can I skip this since you are already having me keep the books for my store?"

Yes, son. Yes you can.

The value of these lessons will go far beyond any money he makes - they will be invaluable. So thank you. Thank you, tons:
MasonB
AG
I think I saw an option where your card doesn't get charged until the order ships...let me do some digging.
ENG
AG
Serves me right for not checking the thread in a few days. Still in for caps, I will check back to see when others are available.

Thanks!!
Caliber
AG
MasonB said:

I think I saw an option where your card doesn't get charged until the order ships...let me do some digging.
I meant pay up front pre-order! not a delayed pay.
MasonB
AG
Quote:

I meant pay up front pre-order! not a delayed pay.

I caught that and appreciate you for thinking of it. Just not sure I am comfortable getting the money up front.

It'd be one thing if it's just the good folks of the TexAgs outdoor board, but when I start sharing the link elsewhere, I don't want things to get messy.

But I do appreciate you suggesting a way to make it easier for us.
MasonB
AG
I think I have the option added to pre-order a trucker hat.

Caliber
AG
It let me pre-order. Purchased 2 of them, name: Brad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.