Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tire sealant for UTV and tractor?

1,184 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by CS78
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any brand/type in particular? I'm constantly plugging thorn holes. I've heard about messing up rims with goop/fix-a-flat and will try to stay away from that. But it sounds like a good sealant will be a good preventative measure for our UTV and tractor?

Brand?
Wodanaz
AG
Flat Out with Kevlar has been great for me in Mexico. Even sealed up a deer antler puncture.
DriftwoodAg
AG
Wodanaz said:

Flat Out with Kevlar has been great for me in Mexico. Even sealed up a deer antler puncture.
That's awesome, I wouldn't want to see a deer walking around with a deflated antler
dr_boogs
AG
LiquiTube.
CS78
Ive been really happy with quadboss. Giant honey locusts thorns are no issue. And it doesn't cost what some of the others do.
Ribeye-Rare
AG

Since I switched to Ultraseal Bulletproof Grade (seals up to 1/2" punctures) in my tractor tires, I laugh at mesquite thorns.

Purchase at Gemplers or Amazon.

BTW, it's not cheap -- $80 or so for a gallon.
mhnatt
Thanks for the info. Do any of these "ruin" or mess up the wheels when it comes time to change tires?
Wodanaz
AG
mhnatt said:

Thanks for the info. Do any of these "ruin" or mess up the wheels when it comes time to change tires?

Brush Country Ag
AG
I have had great luck with Multiseal over the years. This Flatout must be the new, improved version.
Wodanaz
AG
It is.
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Ive had great luck with the Genseal product from Gensco. I went to that product about 6 years ago and its been great. Expensive but great.
mhnatt
Is it common/okay to let these sealants sit in the UTV tires for several years?

Also, our UTV can sit for a few months without being moved (we live part time elsewhere). Wondering if will harden in a lump.
Animal Eight 84
AG
mhnatt said:

Is it common/okay to let these sealants sit in the UTV tires for several years?

Also, our UTV can sit for a few months without being moved (we live part time elsewhere). Wondering if will harden in a lump.

I found half a bottle of the original Slime green tire sealant cleaning my barn yesterday. Probably >15 years old. Been exposed to summers 100+ and winters in the teens. Still was liquid and flowing.
CS78
Ive broken tires off after a few years and the quadboss looked the same as when it went in. Never heard of it being a problem with others. Decades might be different.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.