Outdoors
Sponsored by

Recommendations for best cellular game cam

1,539 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by unclefish
GentrysMillTX10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding the Tactacam reveal SK with small solar panel on top - 2 of 6 of my SK's have solar panels that didn't work well enough to hold battery. I replaced the SK solar panels with the standalone reveal solar panels. No problems since
ag94whoop
AG
My only concern with the Tactacams is that I've seen a lot of reviews saying that the sensitivity is a lot lower than other cams and miss a lot of activity. Also the picture quality is good but lot great.
My only experience is with SpyPoint and while they weren't bad, I probably wouldn't go back.

I was wondering about Moultrie, Cuddeback, and Covert.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I run cuddebacks and have two of their cell cams. I run another 3-4 (one is a floater that I sometimes move to an area out of range) off those two cell cams so effectively have 5-6 cell cameras.

When they're working, I have zero complaints. On occasion, they will struggle to find service and you'll get stuck with a cell TX message that stalls out the cell plan. This happens maybe once a year, if that. I had to have one camera replaced because of this and it's essentially an error that is started by low cell service and then a big queue of images unable to send.

Picture quality is really good! Wish they had video option like tactacam but they don't. Trigger speed is the best thing about Cuddeback. It's phenomenal!

Battery is okay but I run solar panels and/or battery packs on all of my cameras now. Most are over a year without battery changes.

Overall, they're great cameras that happen to have cell capabilities and if you want to run more than one camera and only pay for one plan, it's a great option.

Happy to share more if needed.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Squirrels got one of my tactacams this weekend. Jerks
ttha_aggie_09
AG
They eat the **** out of the normal solar panel cords too. They finally made a braided cable that has kept them at bay - at least for now….
ag94whoop
AG
I figure I need at least 3-4 of them for my 270 acre area....maybe a couple more.
There two corn and two protein feeders so I would need at least one for each. But I also thought about a couple along some fencelines. Not sure yet but I want to get a census on WT and initial eval of predators so that I can look at what needs to be done, added etc.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You can use the cameras for a survey too. Need someone with the spreadsheet to help you run the counts - ideally a biologist.
unclefish
AG
Tactacam reveal. Awesome customer service for any issues you might have....and I've had way less problems with tactacams than other brands.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.