Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

53,871 Views | 537 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Ol Jock 99
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh no, we suck again? said:

I need to figure out how to disconnect it and maybe put another one on? It's in a dug in tub in the backyard so I have to figure out how to unscrew it from the pipe that shoots the water to the curb... I'm hoping that it just overheated and after a brief reprieve, it'll start up again.

If you can get one down there you can just connect a garden hose to the pump and bypass the pipe.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Crazy rain for about 15 minutes. Almost an 1.5", yard is swamped front drive is a river.

At least there was no hail or high wind!

Win some lose some.
riverrataggie
AG
Sheesh. This rain.

Btw, anyone else now watch the oncor power outage map versus radar to see how bad things are?
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
harge57 said:

Oh no, we suck again? said:

I need to figure out how to disconnect it and maybe put another one on? It's in a dug in tub in the backyard so I have to figure out how to unscrew it from the pipe that shoots the water to the curb... I'm hoping that it just overheated and after a brief reprieve, it'll start up again.

If you can get one down there you can just connect a garden hose to the pump and bypass the pipe.
I just went a looked and can't figure out how to disconnect it and the tub isn't big enough to put another pump in it.

The setup is that it takes the roof drains and the backyard drains into the tub then shoots it out to the curb as my yard is .5 acre and flat as can be. Praying that today's storm is all for today/tonight and the company can swing by tomorrow to replace the pump so I can survive until I get all the new work done.
FTAG 2000
AG
If the stuff in the panhandle makes it here, gonna be more heavy rain.
duck79
AG
That atmosphere got pretty worked over with that storm that just came thru and without much daylight left to regenerate it should take energy away from the overnight stuff.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
duck79 said:

That atmosphere got pretty worked over with that storm that just came thru and without much daylight left to regenerate it should take energy away from the overnight stuff.
Please be right! Accuweather is showing some rain between midnight and 2 am, I'm hoping if anything, it's just light rain.
oldag941
AG
Lake highlands. 2" in about 1 hour. 9" over the last 7 days.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Makes 12.5" for us since May 22 in Plano
riverrataggie
AG
Are we close to annual amount?
HouseDivided06
AG
North Dallas at Frankford and Hillcrest area. Easily over 10" in the last 7 days. My yard is beyond saturated. I had fajitas marinating all day, and then this storm popped up about 5:15. I'm a commercial insurance broker for real estate, namely apartments, and every single inspection recommendation I send out is "don't grill on the balcony as it's a fire hazard" and yet I pulled my grill into the garage to grill tonight. Every part of me panicked, but I didn't want to make these in the skillet.
beatlesphan
AG
I'm at 31.25" YTD in Farmers Branch. I think yearly average is about 33" so we're there and it's June 2...crazy
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
From a friend in the M Streets:

"The pod was from the next street north from us….it literally floated down the street two blocks before resting on Merrimac!!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.