Houston
Sponsored by

The rise of "Student Driver" bumper stickers

4,154 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by 12Power
WestHoustonAg79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I "learned" how to drive via a mail in/online class plus parent in person course called "drivers ed in a box" (no joke lol). Circa 2005. I grew up in suburban Houston but drove a lot at our 60 acres out of town a good amount etc

Only reason I'm sharing is that I imagine programs like this have gotten increasingly popular the last 20ish years and maybe it's a requirement for them to put that on the car now?

I have also been increasingly aware that kids don't even do drivers ed and wait till 18 now? I mean what gives with that? Bewildering now. I hear about HS kids ubering around? So odd to me.

If it's a new scam for whatever reason they are capitalizing on. I'll give kudos to those crooks. Pretty novel idea

EclipseAg
AG
I took driver's ed the old-fashioned way -- first with simulators where you drove a fake car while watching a traffic movie, which we called "stimulators."

And then behind the wheel with three other kids and a coach.
combat wombat™
AG
I did drivers ed as a class in high school. No simulators were involved. But this was 1985.
12Power
Same here. There was a really sh***y girl driver in my car. She took a curve in a residential neighborhood at 35 mph. That spare break came n handy in that moment.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.