Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would M Reed Consider A Temporary WR Role like Tannehill

8,272 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by spence10
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Lol changing your name because you've been outed as a scammer doesn't work.
World's worst proofreader
Divining Rod
NoahAg said:

dustytool said:

I can think of several receivers moving to QB (Johnny did it in high school) but I can't think of any notable QB's moving to receiver. Not just A&M but in general. Anybody got any?
Quite a few, actually. Typically, the "scrappy, lunch pail" white NFL WRs were QBs at some point in their FB careers.

white or black, i'd bet at least 15-20% of the receivers in the NFL played QB at the high school level.
Faustus
Craigy said:

GoldenGun00 said:

dustytool said:

I can think of several receivers moving to QB (Johnny did it in high school) but I can't think of any notable QB's moving to receiver. Not just A&M but in general. Anybody got any?
Hines Ward
Julian Edelman
Anquan Boldin
Antwaan Randle-El
Randall Cobb

I'm sure there are lots of others, but those came to mind immediately.

I remember Bert Emanuel QB at Rice and before that at UCLA and was a 2nd round draft pick of the Falcons and played in over 100 NFL games at WR. Look up Bert Emanuel rule that what I remember him for

Played on the Rice team with Trevor Cobb. We weren't terrible for a few years in the early 90s.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Shane Lechler was moved to punter.
Gyles Marrett
74AnimalA said:

cgillard said:

Reed should be the backup QB.

IF he's a future QB1, he NEEDS to be in the QB Film Room. Moving him to a receiver role, puts him in the Receiver film room and IMHO that stalls his development as a QB.
There's a case to be made that spending time in the WR film room could also be useful to QB development. They are looking at a lot of the same things. I'm not a fan of the idea but just saying it could not hurt his development also.
The Porkchop Express
Seriously that's like something your best athlete does in 2A football, not in D1.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
#Mke
AG
If tradition continues, QB2 and QB3 will get plenty of playing time this season…
LongLurking Ag
Go back a few years but Mike Mosely as he moved to the pros going to the Buffalo Bills became a WR after QB at A&M.
Aggie Class of 2026
With all the injuries at QB I'm surprised anyone here is asking our potential starting QB to switch to WR
tjack16
AG
Given our injury history at QB; he'll possibly be the starter by week 6
Ogre09
AG
Jamie McCoy signed as a QB in 05, but he mostly played TE with some time at WR and FB too. He played WR initially back in high school before moving to QB. Another one of those "greatest athlete on the field" types at Midland Lee.
dBoy99
AG
dustytool said:

Chris Taylor
Terence Murphy
Jason Carter

RC had a habit of recruiting athletic QBs and turning them into WRs.
Post removed:
by user
Johnsy3
AG
GoldenGun00 said:

dustytool said:

Hines Ward
Julian Edelman
Anquan Boldin
Antwaan Randle-El
Randall Cobb

I'm sure there are lots of others, but those came to mind immediately.

Josh Cribbs
Matt Jones
Terrelle Pryor
Braxton Miller
Recentagdoc
Reed is already good with the potential to be very good. Keep him at QB full time. He was excellent in the spring practices that I attended.
SUMAT67
He looked very good at the practices I saw as well. Stay at QB for sure full time.
P.U.T.U
AG
He looked better than I thought he would during the bowl game and his stats looked good for the spring game. Coaches seem to think as long as Connor is healthy he has the starting spot but if he gets hurt again is it Reed or Henderson? Wouldn't doubt if one of them transfers at the end of the year. Not sure if Henderson has 1 or 2 years left though
greg.w.h
AG
P.U.T.U said:

He looked better than I thought he would during the bowl game and his stats looked good for the spring game. Coaches seem to think as long as Connor is healthy he has the starting spot but if he gets hurt again is it Reed or Henderson? Wouldn't doubt if one of them transfers at the end of the year. Not sure if Henderson has 1 or 2 years left though
I hear it was BOST…
spence10
AG
vander54 said:

Lol changing your name because you've been outed as a scammer doesn't work.
quoted for emphasis
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.