Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Banding Together for Bandfield

2,289 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by tdm89
tdm89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

Let's start with the obvious: No, I do not have an AgTag. Life had other plans for me, and I was unable to attend A&M. Life, however, had a different path for my three siblings, all Ags, classes of '96, '99, and '03, and it is one of those that I am writing about today.

My youngest sister, Charlene, moved to CS to attend Texas A&M, fell in love with everything about College Station, and never left. She has been teaching in the B/CS school system for over twenty years now and may, in fact, have taught some of you or your little ones. She is a single mother of two wonderful kids whom she absolutely adores and has a heart like no other I have ever met. Oh, yeah, and she BLEEDS Maroon!

On the 12th of Dec last year, she was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. On the 15th of January, the tumor was removed. Even though she will be a patient of MD Anderson for the rest of her life, she is doing great. Her spirits are high, her doctors are happy with her progress, and she is back in the classroom with her students.

Unfortunately, all of this comes with a price, one that is hard to meet for almost anyone, let alone a single mom whose calling is teaching. With the help of friends, family, and a couple of local businesses, we are putting on a fundraiser and luncheon for her on the 11th of May. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from sales at J&L Boutique will be donated as well.

Please follow the link below for donation options, and if you are in the area, please join us for lunch. Regardless of your donation, we ask that you keep her and her kids in your prayers. While the donations will help with the bills, the prayers will help her heal.

[url=https://givebutter.com/bandingtogetherforbandfield]Banding Together for Bandfield[/url]

Thanks, and Gig'Em
MarAg18
AG
tdm89 said:

Howdy Ags,

Let's start with the obvious: No, I do not have an AgTag. Life had other plans for me, and I was unable to attend A&M. Life, however, had a different path for my three siblings, all Ags, classes of '96, '99, and '03, and it is one of those that I am writing about today.

My youngest sister, Charlene, moved to CS to attend Texas A&M, fell in love with everything about College Station, and never left. She has been teaching in the B/CS school system for over twenty years now and may, in fact, have taught some of you or your little ones. She is a single mother of two wonderful kids whom she absolutely adores and has a heart like no other I have ever met. Oh, yeah, and she BLEEDS Maroon!

On the 12th of Dec last year, she was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. On the 15th of January, the tumor was removed. Even though she will be a patient of MD Anderson for the rest of her life, she is doing great. Her spirits are high, her doctors are happy with her progress, and she is back in the classroom with her students.

Unfortunately, all of this comes with a price, one that is hard to meet for almost anyone, let alone a single mom whose calling is teaching. With the help of friends, family, and a couple of local businesses, we are putting on a fundraiser and luncheon for her on the 11th of May. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from sales at J&L Boutique will be donated as well.

Please follow the link below for donation options, and if you are in the area, please join us for lunch. Regardless of your donation, we ask that you keep her and her kids in your prayers. While the donations will help with the bills, the prayers will help her heal.

[url=https://givebutter.com/bandingtogetherforbandfield]Banding Together for Bandfield[/url]

Thanks, and Gig'Em

Wrong Emoji

Gig 'Em Char!! Wish we could make it down there.

Howdy Ags,

Ms. Bandfield has been a part of my life since I was born. While going through school and earning my degree she always had her classroom open to me when I needed to go in and get some observation hours. She loves all her students and is a phenomenal mom, teacher and friend! If you have the ability to swing by J&L and say Howdy please do so!

Thanks and Gig 'Em. '18
CinchAG97
Charlene has been a very close friend of mine since we were at A&M together. We are still extremely close and this situation has been unexpected and challenging to say the least.

She is fighting with a smile on her face, Jesus in her heart and with a lot of love and support around her.

Thank you for supporting her and her two wonderful kids.
tdm89
Just a quick update and word of thanks! Together y'all have raised over 1k in donations overnight! When originally posted, she had donations amounting to a little over $600. As of this evening, she is over $1,700!
tdm89
Alright Ags,

The silent auction starts tonight and includes a wide variety of items to bid on. Including tickes w parking to McNeese, George Straight and a Seven day stay on the Bahamas. There are a total of 26 items to bid on!

https://givebutter.com/c/BandingTogetherforBandfield/auction

As an update, she is up to $2,800 of her $40k goal, so we have a ways to go, but we wouldn't even be this close with out y'all, so thank you!

And lastly, please keep the prayers coming, she did suffer another seizure this week. The fight is not over!

Thanks again and Gig'Em

Edit to correct the number of items to bid on
ABATTBQ11
AG
As a reminder, it's teacher appreciation week!

Also, donated.
tdm89
Cody Jinks tickets with skybox @ Whitewater in New Braunfels just added to auction
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.