Anyone looking to sell a cheap car in the DFW area in the near future?

2,454 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Beckdiesel03
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***cross posted in Automotive forum***

Looking on behalf of my college-aged daughter. Her Hyundai Sonata's engine is on its last legs and I do plan on fighting with Hyundai on the possibility of getting a new engine at no cost. (Lot of known issues and lawsuits in regards to manufacturing defects causing metal shavings and thrown rods)

But even if successful in that, she will need a car in the meantime as I've read the process could take many months. So just putting feelers out for anyone that might be selling something pretty cheap that will safely get her around to school and work. If I get nowhere with Hyundai and we have to dump her Sonata at a junkyard, hoping that whatever replacement we can get her could last at least a few years to get her through school.

Budget would ideally be 8k or less, but would depend on the vehicle and condition.
Texker
AG
I've got a '94 Acura Legend GS. It's a project car so gonna need tires, AC service, fluids changed, etc.
FarmerKeith
AG
I've got a 2008 Honda fit with ~174K miles.

One owner and regularly maintained. Mechanically runs great (it's a Honda). Interior is very clean. Rear bumper has a big dent, front right fender has friction wear from larger custom rim friction over time. Overall body condition is fair.

Located in BCS area. Wife drove it daily until last fall. Would let it go for $1500.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Interested in the Fit if OP is not. My teen driver's vehicle is having issues.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Interested
Chef Elko
AG
Well I guess I'll get in line for the fit haha. I need a commuter now
Chef Elko
AG
Texker said:

I've got a '94 Acura Legend GS. It's a project car so gonna need tires, AC service, fluids changed, etc.

That's an OG car! I've had my share of Honda/Acuras and the Legend has always looked great, I would say ahead of it's time.
Texker
AG
Chef Elko said:

Texker said:

That's an OG car! I've had my share of Honda/Acuras and the Legend has always looked great, I would say ahead of it's time.
I love the car. Owned it since '99. Just under 200k miles,
FDXAg
AG
Farmer, Sent you a PM. Very interested!
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I missed out on a sweet .30-30 on this site, but I may be the lucky new owner of this automobile.
FDXAg
AG
Well crud. I'm the OP and was at work and didn't see this until I got home last night. This would have been huge blessing for her. Guess I missed out?

Mas89
AG
Thread Jumpers.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
You didn't miss out. If you see my post i said "Interested if OP is not." Just connect with FarmerKeith and buy the car. I know a lot of folks were interested, so maybe the texag names go confused. If you change your mind, let me know so I can buy it because I am in a similar boat to you.
FDXAg
AG
I greatly appreciate that...thank you. Car trouble really sucks, especially when it's our kiddos. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out for some reason.
Chef Elko
AG
We got you, you're first in line.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Harsh. If you read my post, it clearly said if OP is not interested.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
FDXAg, did you get in touch with FarmerKeith?
FDXAg
AG
Yes I did and I did decide to purchase the car. I appreciate your understanding and wish the best for your search for your daughter's car as well
Mas89
AG
Apologies, I misread your second post. My faith in ag tags is restored. Best of luck.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
No worries
GrimesCoAg95
AG
How is the Hyundai? I am still interested in the fit if you no longer need it. Email in my profile.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Bump, I am also needing a cheaper car for my MIL but we are located in the NB/Seguin area, if anyone has anything they are looking to get rid of.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.