****Tottenham Hotspur FC 23-24****

42,989 Views | 810 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Hey...so.. um
Hey...so.. um
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forum Troll said:

Timo staying another season.

And it looks like they worked a better buy option for next year as well. I wonder how much of his wages we are paying.
GIF Reactor
AG
Gold & Guest podcast said Tottenham are reportedly paying his full wages ($160k/wk) for the season.

On a side note, I find it odd they always talk about weekly wages. When I hear this, I envision the players strolling into the front office on Friday mornings to pickup their check from the accounting department.
Hey...so.. um
GIF Reactor said:

Gold & Guest podcast said Tottenham are reportedly paying his full wages ($160k/wk) for the season.

On a side note, I find it odd they always talk about weekly wages. When I hear this, I envision the players strolling into the front office on Friday mornings to pickup their check from the accounting department.

I'm sure it is direct deposit but it isn't odd for athletes to be paid weekly. NFL is weekly.
GIF Reactor
AG
Yeah, I'm sure it is direct deposit, I just always picture that scenario in my mind when they discuss weekly wages.

I'm used to hearing the salaries discussed American sports leagues on an annual or per season basis rather than a weekly basis, so that's why it strikes me as odd. Maybe "odd" is the incorrect adjective to use in this case.
Faustus
As I get into the sport it's kind of funny that no one seems to talk much about how much the players make a year - all anyone seems to talk about are the transfer fees the teams pay/receive to buy/loan/sell players.

Current topic excepting.

Hey...so.. um
Faustus said:

As I get into the sport it's kind of funny that no one seems to talk much about how much the players make a year - all anyone seems to talk about are the transfer fees the teams pay/receive to buy/loan/sell players.

Current topic excepting.

I agree it is weird no one really talks about wages. It is included in the PSR so you would think it would be a bigger deal. Honestly the finance side of the EPL is really interesting to me. Fitting that I support Tottenham and Daniel Levy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.