My least favorite thing about high school soccer…

25,337 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clean sheet against a Top 10 opponent.
jeffk
AG
Nice job, fish.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Nice job, fish.

My daughter scored on a header in the JV game. Her club teammate was the keeper and laid her out.
MookieBlaylock
AG
VIDEO or it didn't happen
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Zapruter film dik4.
dallasag00
AG
Been a horrible weather soccer season thus far. Hoping things normalize sooner than later. Grew up north Texas but parenting in the Houston area.

Without question, DFW soccer > Houston soccer - at least on the girls side. Makes no sense but 100% true.
Rudyjax
AG
dallasag00 said:

Been a horrible weather soccer season thus far. Hoping things normalize sooner than later. Grew up north Texas but parenting in the Houston area.

Without question, DFW soccer > Houston soccer - at least on the girls side. Makes no sense but 100% true.

Yeah. I sat in the ran and 45 degrees 3 hours yesterday.
jessexy
AG
Rudyjax said:

jessexy said:

I'm just talking about the number of championship games while I was there. 4A girls and boys, 5A girls and boys, 6A girls and boys for 3 years. That's 18 total title games during my time where there was at least 1 DFW team in the championship game so any referee from Dallas or Tarrant chapters was ineligible to have the whistle.
Tuesday night. Why aren't you with the whistle?
Cuz the weather sucks, reffing the 2-man system sucks, the parents suck, the kids (usually) suck, and most of the games suck too. Working an entire season of bad games (you might get 1-2 good ones in 10 weeks) until you get to playoffs and then hoping you get 1 really good playoff game isn't worth it.
Jim01
AG
In our Tuesday game we were up like 7-2. There was a so-so call and one of our players starts complaining. Then her dad starts shouting. A parent on the other team yelled "Shut the F up! Nobody wants to hear your complaining the entire game!" I wanted to give that man a high five. Loved it! I don't care if it was our team, I hate mouthy parents, especially when we're killing someone.

Friday was pouring all game and it was quite fun watching them play in the rain. We supposedly played a team that is one of our toughest competitors in district and won 6-0. Yikes! Looking at our schedule it's very likely we'll be 20-2 (with our only losses to A&M Consolidate and Bridgeland) before ending the regular season with a couple out of district 6A games.
SCHTICK00
AG
Are y'all Friendswood? Only game that makes sense on our schedule
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Here you go dik4

v

Filmed by the keepers dad in the stands in the rain.
MookieBlaylock
AG
3 points for a goal 1 of thru the uptights
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

3 points for a goal 1 of thru the uptights
Not Gaelic football.
Expert Analysis
AG
How many schools have JV B teams?
My daughter enjoys soccer and is pretty good but a clear difference in skill compared to the club players. Being zoned to one of the best 5A teams in the state isn't going to help her chances.
Rudyjax
AG
Expert Analysis said:

How many schools have JV B teams?
My daughter enjoys soccer and is pretty good but a clear difference in skill compared to the club players. Being zoned to one of the best 5A teams in the state isn't going to help her chances.

6A Region 1 District, 6 of the 8 schools have 2 girls JVs.

I don't know, but I would think it unlikely 5A has 2 JVs.

It would be hard to make a team at my daughters school unless you played club or were just a freak athlete.
Mathguy64
AG
The schools we serve, almost all 5A/6A boys have JVB. Only one girls team does. Of course that means they never play after the tournament weeks.
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The schools we serve, almost all 5A/6A boys have JVB. Only one girls team does. Of course that means they never play after the tournament weeks.
You're in Houston?
Mathguy64
AG
Rudyjax said:

Mathguy64 said:

You're in Houston?
BCS
Jim01
AG
Ding ding ding. You guessed it!
380Ag
AG
My daughter will be at a 5A school next year. Freshman, JV and varsity. She has a legitimate shot at varsity as a freshman. Not that she's destined for DI glory, just not that competitive of a school.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'm at a 6A and we have two JV teams for both girls and boys.. JVB teams are pretty rough to watch but it's fun for the kids and is good for them as well.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
jeffk
AG
The real trick is to keep that second subvarsity team functional after grades come out.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Rudyjax
AG
Region 1

Mathguy64
AG
Huh. I've already done Consol, Friendswood and Lake Creek in 5A-R3 girls and Consol, CSHS and Mag West on the boys side. And Midlothian Heritage from R15A girls.
Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax said:

Region 1

4 of the top 10 in the same district.
dallasag00
AG
Region 1 is ridiculous. That district is ridiculous. Teams that don't make the playoffs from that district could probably come out of region 3 (region 3 parent here). Down in the R3 area looks like Katy area is down compared to prior years, Ridge Point looks human(ish) but still the favorite until proven otherwise - then it's Memorial, Stratford or Kingwood in my opinion. Not necessarily in that order.
jeffk
AG
How does the Lethal Enforcer site put together their rankings now? It used to be just a Twitter poll.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
jeffk said:

How does the Lethal Enforcer site put together their rankings now? It used to be just a Twitter poll.
I believe they email out their "ballots" to coaches and media members.
jeffk
AG
Interesting. The dude who started it and I think still runs it was a HS coach in Houston for a hot minute.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I believe he, or someone else closely involved, got back into coaching. That account has been good for youth soccer in the state.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, it's come along way and provides a lot of great content for the sport across the state.
agsalaska
AG
We are 5A r3 girls. We went up and played 3 of the 5a reg 1 teams on that list and went 0-3. Those girls up there can flat out play, especially on defense. We were outscored 7-1 on that trip but are undefeated in Reg 3. Crazy

My daughter is a Freshman and all of the freshman were put on JV along with 5 sophomores and 1 Junior. She has played goalie since 6th grade in Select ball and since being put in goal she hasn't played a single minute in the field. She is 5'10 and has ridiculously long arms and is just really good at goalie. Also ten of the freshamn play Select ball on three different teams and we have always wondered how they would do together.

My daughter is absolutely having the time of her life playing soccer for her school. And they are killing everyone(minus those R1 JV teams). And better yet she is playing half the games in the field because she is finally not the only capable goalie. I couldn't be more excited for her. Select is fun but UIL is where it's at for our kids in Bell Co. They are all loving it.
bigjag19
AG
FW girls are rarely challenged in district. Maybe the years SF is there it's moderately interesting.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I believe that's the way to do it. Play the best teams you can before the district and push yourselves. Lots of teams in Houston don't do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.