***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

210,066 Views | 4746 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 94chem
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what's lowest face to get in the building? $500?
Infection_Ag11
AG
Make sure you are selecting ONLY face value tickets. Ticketmaster won't automatically sort them for you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Goldie Wilson
Lol 34,000 people ahead of me in the Ticketmaster queue for Game 3 tickets
zgolfz85
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

down to 32k for me now....lame
Guitarsoup
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Play in Jerry World you cowards
zgolfz85
AG
down to just 26k now
zgolfz85
AG
7500 now and dropping fast...prob down to just singles I imagine
zgolfz85
AG
had 2 carted, but lost em
Infection_Ag11
AG
Got secondary tickets to game 4 for 800 each, 300 section but at least I'll be there. I still think it's wild that most years you can get into the CFB national title game for significantly cheaper than a single NBA Finals game. IIRC the Bama/Georgia title game in Indy a couple years back had tickets for $500 available the day of the game. I know why it's the case but it's just so maddening they charge these prices for single games in a 7 game series.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Proposition Joe
And chances are those secondary tickets were the Mavericks or their partners listing. A lot of "secondary" tickets popped up all over the arena at $800 and $1400.
Infection_Ag11
AG
The wildest is still the Super Bowl, where in recent years it was usually $5k minimum to get in the building. I look at some of the people in the crowd and think how the hell could this many people like you be able/willing to pay that? I can take my wife and I on an exotic week long vacation to some of the nicest places on earth for less than the price of two tickets to a three hour football game.
zgolfz85
AG
had two all the way through 200s for 1k each...only to have a Ticketmaster error and lose them.
jeffdjohnson
It's insane that Dwight Powell was the starting center on a Western Conference Finals team just two years ago. Nico completely flipped this team towards interior defense / rebounding and have been playing unbelievable since the trade deadline. The moves were logical and made sense, but no way I saw this coming. Amazing run.

The Boston series is such a tough matchup for anyone. On the plus side offensively, I just don't see anyone stopping Luka Doncic. Ultimately if the Mavs win this series it will be because Luka dominated Boston in the pick and roll. This can happen, I'm not betting against Luka man. But defensively I just don't see any answers to the Boston 5-out spacing. They will pull either Lively or Gafford away from the rim unlike the LAC, OKC, MIN series. The Mavs will have to start rotating to take away the rim which will lead to open 3's. I'm sure that will be the strategy by Kidd. It is going to take one hell of an effort by these guys to contest shots. Winning this series will require 3-point shooting luck in Dallas' favor plus Luka going nuclear.
Proposition Joe
zgolfz85 said:

had two all the way through 200s for 1k each...only to have a Ticketmaster error and lose them.

Typically that just means someone bought them before you did. If you don't see seat numbers in your cart, then the tickets aren't actually "carted" -- it's whoever checkouts out first gets them and the others will get an error. It's a way they (kind of) battle the bots.
shack009
AG
I think we will learn very early in the series that Gafford will not be able to play much. We will probably need to switch everything on the perimeter and that means Gafford won't be effective defensively. Maybe his only minutes come while Kornet is playing for Boston, and who knows if Boston will play him at all.

There isn't anybody we can sag off of. Lively can guard most guys on their team, so he should be ok. Look for big Maxi minutes, with most coming at the 5.

Everybody will have to be locked in on every possession on defense. They can all shoot and they will cut backdoor and get layups all game if you shade out too hard or fall asleep for a split second.
zgolfz85
AG
Proposition Joe said:

zgolfz85 said:

Typically that just means someone bought them before you did. If you don't see seat numbers in your cart, then the tickets aren't actually "carted" -- it's whoever checkouts out first gets them and the others will get an error. It's a way they (kind of) battle the bots.

Had seat numbers, had the same thing happen on another pair
PatAg
AG
So Luka comes out and drops 20 pts in the 1st, and we play great team defense.
Kyrie scores 15 in the 2nd and we keep playing great team defense.
Love it
hph6203
AG
shack009
AG
Greatness as usual.

Anyone not consuming all Slightly content is missing out.
94chem
If the Mavs pull this off, I'll have a small dilemma. The old logo is the only one I've ever worn. It's infinity better than anything since. Hope they make some gear with it on there.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ChoppinDs40
AG
The M wearing a cowboy hat?
94chem
ChoppinDs40 said:

The M wearing a cowboy hat?

Yep. It's iconic like the Milwaukee Brewers mb-glove.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
First Page Refresh
Page 136 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.