***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,268,207 Views | 26453 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by AggiEE
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

redline248 said:

In 2002, the Oakland A's were 10 games back on May 30. They finished in 1st with 103 wins.

Now, they had played 5 fewer games than us at that point in the season, so I'm not gonna claim we're gonna win 100...but I'm gonna stay optimistic about making the post season.

(I watched Moneyball yesterday)

My favorite part of that movie is when they forgot to mention the A's had the best starting rotation in all of baseball

But do they get on base…
The Porkchop Express
tjack16 said:

redline248 said:

In 2002, the Oakland A's were 10 games back on May 30. They finished in 1st with 103 wins.

Now, they had played 5 fewer games than us at that point in the season, so I'm not gonna claim we're gonna win 100...but I'm gonna stay optimistic about making the post season.

My favorite part of that movie is when they forgot to mention the A's had the best starting rotation in all of baseball

I like to imagine the real David Justice went to see the movie with his whole family while completely unaware of its contents.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
MaxPower
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/mlb/article-13465799/David-Justice-takes-issue-Moneyball-portrayal-13-years-movies-release-ex-Oakland-star-disputes-pep-talk-scene.html
MaxPower
Also, that Peña trade was terrible for the A's. Beane should have tried to get it taken out of the movie it was so embarrassingly bad.
Prosperdick
AG

I've missed her. Now lets take it to the Twinkies and really get back on track. Oh and GO AGGIES tomorrow!!!!
mwm
What was it we used to say around here? Something like, "manage your expectations"?
Serviam
Jake meyers might be my favorite guy on the team right now. Plays like his hair is on fire, always trying to do something to get the team ahead. Looking to steal literally every time, going full out sprint on everything, total sparkplug, love to see it
Mr.Bond
AG
mwm said:

What was it we used to say around here? Something like, "manage your expectations"?

Trust the process
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BadAggie
AG
Astros starters give up 5 runs across 4 games and the team loses 3 of those.

Or, gave up 2 runs across 3 games and lost two of those.

Just lol bad
BadAggie
AG
Why can't players who aren't contributing like Abreu come down with 'discomfort' and hit the DL?
redline248
AG
tjack16 said:

redline248 said:

Yep. Minor oversight.
FrioAg 00
AG
Deep behind enemy lines tonight, seeing Hootie for a concert (wife's favorite)

Sporting my old school oilers shirt - and already caught some crap. But I've got a great canned response "yeah, I didn't think about it and then I was worried about opposing fan threatening me. Then I remembered is was just Dallas."

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Serviam said:

Jake meyers might be my favorite guy on the team right now. Plays like his hair is on fire, always trying to do something to get the team ahead. Looking to steal literally every time, going full out sprint on everything, total sparkplug, love to see it
welcome to the club
n_touch
FrioAg 00 said:

Sporting my old school oilers shirt - and already caught some crap. But I've got a great canned response "yeah, I didn't think about it and then I was worried about opposing fan threatening me. Then I remembered is was just Dallas."

Wont lie. Little jealous.
The Porkchop Express
FrioAg 00 said:

I've been flexing my Oiler tattoo on Cowboys' fans for 28 years!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
MaxPower said:

Also, that Peña trade was terrible for the A's. Beane should have tried to get it taken out of the movie it was so embarrassingly bad.
Also, I'd like to see the look on Art Howe's face when they said, while we are getting one of the greatest actors of this generation to play you, he's going to play you as a fat, slob, a-hole.
BadAggie
AG

Moneyball 2

'This is Ramon Laureano. We're going to acquire him for nothing and let him roid up so we can draw an extra dozen fans to the Coliseum….'

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
HR on 1st pitch of the game

EastCoastAgNc said:

BadAggie
AG
What a buzzkill for Joey being sent down from The Show so Abreu could Fiers Up a couple games.
The Porkchop Express
Jesus Bastidas could become a catch phrase on home runs for a Spanish broadcaster
W
AG
hard to believe the Mariners could win the AL West

while being 29th in MLB in runs scored

but maybe so

the Mitch Garver signing has been a disaster

and even worse -- the trade back for Mitch Haniger -- making $20 MM this season

W
AG
it seems like guys are getting older faster so to speak

any player past 30 is a risk nowadays
W
AG
so Minnesota is inbound to MMP

the Twins are hot

7-2 in their last 9 games

Correa is having a good year with .786 OPS -- but at $33 MM needs .800 minimum

he has missed 17 games due to injury

Beat40
W said:

it seems like guys are getting older faster so to speak

any player past 30 is a risk nowadays

I think it's always been this way. The guys you remember being great after 30 are because they are the greats. They are the 1% of the 1% for a reason.

They say 27 years old is most players prime.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Call him up
Beat40
Well, hopefully he's playing 1B almost exclusively in SL.
_veeyah_
AG
I hope so, we still have Chas, Yordan and Dubon that can play OF. Loperfido needs all the reps at 1B.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Call him up

No way Abreu gets that. He can't even catch a ball hit that hard right at him, let alone one he has to dive for.

Going to be rough needing to watch him struggle the next 30 ABs....
First Page Refresh
Page 756 of 756

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.