Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Bobby the tailor is back

6,913 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by MAROON
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobby Garia the tailor of many of our suits/shirts will be back stateside from October 30th to November 17th. His schedule is as follows:

Monday 10/30 to Thursday 11/2-Houston

Friday 11/3 to Monday 11/6college station

Tuesday 11/7Wednesday 11/8Austin

Thursday 11/9Denver

Friday 11/10 Tuesday 11/14Dallas

Wednesday 11/15 DC

Thursday 11/16 NYC

Friday 11/17 Chicago

Those that aren't familiar do a quick search of texags and you can see some of his work. You might be able to find some of his stuff on Facebook as well. He makes custom suits and dress shirts at a great price.
cgh1999
AG
Scheduled my appointment this morning!
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
After ordering a few suits/blazers and a tux from him in the past, I was brave enough to run through the ordering process for a new suit from him all via email correspondence. This order was a bit more complicated as my measurements were much different from previous orders so trying to get a tailor to take the measurements and then send them to him and make sure everything was copacetic was a bit nerve wracking since I'm up against a bit of a hard deadline for a wedding that we're attending in the near future.

But Bobby was great. Very patient. I'm cautiously optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
GE
AG
Can you provide contact info or PM?
Comeby!
AG
bobbygaria@gmail.com
Can also PM him on Fb.
MAROON
AG
any idea what he charges for a blazer?

Search Bobby Garia on FB with no luck
cgh1999
AG
MAROON said:

any idea what he charges for a blazer?

Search Bobby Garia on FB with no luck

Depends on material and a few other factors, but roughly $400-$450 is what I paid last time.
Whoop Delecto
AG
I Am A Critic
Does he do polo shirts? I'd like some Rhoback style shirts at a decent price.
Username checks out.
Comeby!
AG
Not that I'm aware of however he did make my wife some nice linen shirts by measuring one she brought in. So, I'd bring one that fits you well that you like and see what he can do.
themissinglink
AG
Whoop Delecto said:

Jeans $130160
Quite the designer jeans...
The Pilot
AG
themissinglink said:

Whoop Delecto said:

Jeans $130160
The people getting fitted for clothes usually aren't buying $20 jeans.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
How do his dress shirts compare to Charles Tyrwhitt fit/quality?

How about Chinos to Bonobos?

Thanks
nu awlins ag
AG
Comeby! said:

Bobby Garia the tailor of many of our suits/shirts will be back stateside from October 30th to November 17th. His schedule is as follows:

Thursday 11/9Denver

Wednesday 11/15 DC

Thursday 11/16 NYC

Friday 11/17 Chicago

Those that aren't familiar do a quick search of texags and you can see some of his work. You might be able to find some of his stuff on Facebook as well. He makes custom suits and dress shirts at a great price.
Stateside? He live overseas or something? I'm always in need of a good suit and chinos.
Comeby!
AG
He's of Indian descent, living in Thailand. Most of my clothes are made by him.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

How do his dress shirts compare to Charles Tyrwhitt fit/quality?

How about Chinos to Bonobos?

Thanks

Can't speak to the Chinos. But his shirts fit way better. You can also work with him where you can request a bit more room in the mid section or chest or any areas.

I recommend it. He's pretty good and his stuff is quality.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The Pilot said:

themissinglink said:

Whoop Delecto said:

Jeans $130160
The people getting fitted for clothes usually aren't buying $20 jeans.
lol, still though, that can't be right. i mean are they gold and diamond lined? gotta be right? (or that price isn't correct)
Primo-FAD
Do you know how much some jeans are going for these days? Not even Balmain or Balenciaga but AG or 7s
Comeby!
AG
Are you saying the $130-160 or $130160?
Aggie09Derek
AG
I haven't had the best success with jeans from Bobby

One was lol bad and he remade another set and they are now fine.

I would say buy ties/jeans elsewhere.

Chinos/slacks/blazers/suits/dress shirts it's hard to beat.
Comeby!
AG
I've bought a few pairs of jeans and while they were nice, I found that Lucky Brand ones fit me better at less than half the price.

Edit: not sure how that emoji got there. I must be tired.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I've always wondered how to pronounce your username

Is it like Gumby?
Or like an exaggerated "come by"?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

I've always wondered how to pronounce your username

Is it like Gumby?
Or like an exaggerated "come by"?
"Come by" is a Corps Term where you have an upperclassmen telling you "come by my room later to resolve this matter".

and then you would show up and they would privately smoke you out (put you through a set of physical exercises) to pay penance for whatever mistake you made. Usually reserved for Sophomore's who made mistakes but you don't want to call them out in front of the fish (because the fish need to think every Sophomore is perfect)

It can also be used as a joking term referencing the above but more so implied that it's a joke.
Comeby!
AG
This.

I heard Come By a lot. I pretty much spent most of Corps days in the front leaning rest.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Lol I never would have thought it had ties to the corps. I like that
bigtruckguy3500
Comeby! said:

This.

I heard Come By a lot. I pretty much spent most of Corps days in the front leaning rest.

Then you did something right
one MEEN Ag
AG
Every time I see a Bobby the tailor thread I go, you know next year when I lose the weight I want to, I'll go to Bobby and get a bunch of nice things.

Its like groundhog day here.

Gonna go get on a treadmill this lunch break.
Comeby!
AG
He comes twice a year so you can have fat clothes and fit clothes like I do.
MAROON
AG
I've got an appointment on Monday. Hoping to get a couple of blazers made - thinking one light er weight for summer and one for the rest of the year.
tmaggie50
AG
What's his typical turnaround time?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Comeby! said:

Thursday 11/9Denver

Wednesday 11/15 DC

Thursday 11/16 NYC

Friday 11/17 Chicago

One of these cities is not like the others
MAROON
AG
Just met with Bobby and ordered two sport coats. Super easy process, although lots of fabric and liner choices made decisions a little harder than I expected. If you go see him know that the courtyard by Marriott does not have visitor parking in the garage. You can park across from the front door in the loading/unloading spaces (green sign) . Just tell the person at the front desk what you are doing.
WestHoustonAg79
Went a couple years back on advice of this board as a lurker. No judgment hear but thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.

I really don't get the buzz on this guy. I liked the couple shirts I got but the pants are the worst I've ever bought (like worst than Steinmart type not just Bros A Bank crappy). So tight around my calves I can't wear boots with them.

Felt sketch just rolling into a hotel like I was doing hooker and blow things or something.

Again, I am an open minded fella and to each their own. But with the lax work clothes that was even more multiplied with covid I don't need too much true dress/ biz prof wardrobe as I did say circa 2013. I've decided the play for me is to buy the couple of work/biz pitch suites/attire on the high end and keep them for a long time.

I literally wear a suit maybe 2-5 times a year outside of weddings and that jazz.

Carry on. Just wanted to provide a diff perspective than most posters in case it's helpful.

ETA: fitting timing as I literally just got his bi annual text that HES BACK lol
Comeby!
AG
Have you ever had custom clothes other than Bobby?
htxag09
AG
WestHoustonAg79 said:

Went a couple years back on advice of this board as a lurker. No judgment hear but thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.

I really don't get the buzz on this guy. I liked the couple shirts I got but the pants are the worst I've ever bought (like worst than Steinmart type not just Bros A Bank crappy). So tight around my calves I can't wear boots with them.

Felt sketch just rolling into a hotel like I was doing hooker and blow things or something.

Again, I am an open minded fella and to each their own. But with the lax work clothes that was even more multiplied with covid I don't need too much true dress/ biz prof wardrobe as I did say circa 2013. I've decided the play for me is to buy the couple of work/biz pitch suites/attire on the high end and keep them for a long time.

I literally wear a suit maybe 2-5 times a year outside of weddings and that jazz.

Carry on. Just wanted to provide a diff perspective than most posters in case it's helpful.

ETA: fitting timing as I literally just got his bi annual text that HES BACK lol
I more or less agree.

Shirts, there are so many direct to consumer brands out there with a variety of fits that I've easily found brands I like better and they're cheaper.

Pants, I donated the jeans he made me. They were terrible. The chinos are better but still not great, and really more like slacks than chinos. Which isn't a big deal, but some weird things, like pockets that are 12" deep have them as my back ups. And again, with the amount of brands/companies out there, I have found better cheaper.

I do really like the blazer I have from him. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to him for a suit or blazer, but I will shop elsewhere for everything else.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.