Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Bobby the tailor is back

7,105 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by MAROON
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobby's US dates for those of you needing clothes.

Itineraries usa 5/24

Austin-5/5 to 5/7

College station 5/8 to 5/10

Houston5/11 to 5/16

Tyler5/17

DC5/19 and 5/20

Manhattan5/21 and 5/22

Boston5/23

Atlanta5/24

Chicago5/25

Dallas-5/26 to 5/30

El Paso5/31

LA , Sandiego , San Fran and Seattle still to come.
Stive
AG
That's interesting. I've always loved his slacks but have been hit or miss on the chinos.

Now that I've had multiple rounds of shirts and blazers, I love his stuff more and more. HIs stuff does tend to run "snug" but that's his Euro work I think. I just make sure to ask for a little room on all the stuff he makes me and it tends to work out great.
Comeby!
AG
I've done one pair of chinos, ehh. Slacks, shirts and 'american cut' suits all day long.
EliteZags
AG
is taking measurements required?

I already know I wear Extra Medium
Comeby!
AG
Yep, you'll need to meet with him to pick fabrics etc, so might as well measure.
Stive
AG
You're getting custom clothes, why wouldn't you measure?
EliteZags
AG
I only wear Extra Medium
Comeby!
AG
I don't even know what that is.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Looks like he has a website now. I've heard of him from Texags for years. Some day I'll be in shape when he comes around

https://bobbygaria.com

Edit: the site is worthless, don't bother other than maybe his contact info is correct.
Take the trash out staff.
one safe place
"RECCOMEND" lol
Comeby!
AG
Yep, he knows that. I think someone took it hostage and won't edit it unless he pays some obscene cash.
Brother Shamus
Eh he was okay - but to be fair I think I'm about done with the custom crap. Most tailors I try out - well I have better luck off the rack.
Comeby!
AG
I pay more off the rack so it's a good deal for me.
MarleyFeed97
AG
Considering setting up an appointment… someone asked about turnaround timeframe but I didn't see a response in the thread?
-MarleyFeed97
Stive
AG
MarleyFeed97 said:

Considering setting up an appointment… someone asked about turnaround timeframe but I didn't see a response in the thread?

The orders get processed in the order they were received, but they don't get started until he gets back to Thailand.

So for this trip, the Austin and BCS orders will get processed first once he returns to Asia, and on down the list. It's usually a month to six weeks for you to get your stuff in the mail from the time you placed the order but can be a bit longer if he's on a particularly long trip. You'll typically need to get your items professionally pressed (not cleaned) when you receive them, especially the jackets and slacks because of their material. He gets a lot of clothing packed into small boxes to keep his shipping costs down leading to the need for them to be pressed.
Garrelli 5000
AG
That's a shame. Also even though I now know the pronunciation you'll still always sound like a character that didn't make it into the Gumby lineup in my head
Take the trash out staff.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I'm in Bangkok tonight and then again at the end of the month. Will check his shop out but I don't need a suit. I wear FRC to work and have for a decade lol.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I saw Bobby today in College Station! He's in good spirits. He's here through Saturday morning if any one needs anything.
LCE
AG
WestHoustonAg79 said:

Went a couple years back on advice of this board as a lurker. No judgment hear but thought I'd throw out my 2 cents.

I really don't get the buzz on this guy. I liked the couple shirts I got but the pants are the worst I've ever bought (like worst than Steinmart type not just Bros A Bank crappy). So tight around my calves I can't wear boots with them.

Felt sketch just rolling into a hotel like I was doing hooker and blow things or something.

Again, I am an open minded fella and to each their own. But with the lax work clothes that was even more multiplied with covid I don't need too much true dress/ biz prof wardrobe as I did say circa 2013. I've decided the play for me is to buy the couple of work/biz pitch suites/attire on the high end and keep them for a long time.

I literally wear a suit maybe 2-5 times a year outside of weddings and that jazz.

Carry on. Just wanted to provide a diff perspective than most posters in case it's helpful.

ETA: fitting timing as I literally just got his bi annual text that HES BACK lol

He's a clown. Hard to believe people actually go to him for clothes
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
How expensive is BG?
MAROON
AG
I wore one of the sport coats he made me last night to a dinner. Had no less than three people walk up and tell me how much they liked my jacket. I'm very happy with what he made for me.
Comeby!
AG
Same here. In fact, that's how he's grown clients in my network. People ask me where I got a certain shirt or my sports coats and I link them up.
Stive
AG
From Bobby:

Price list-
Suits from from $490 to $1900
Shirts from $60 130
Blazers $420 to $720
Tux from $550 to $1900
Slacks from $90 to $280
Jeans $120 to $180
Polo$80-100
Chino 150

These prices are always depending on the grade of the fabric.
MAROON
AG
yep - my sport coats were in the $650 range, if I remember correctly
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.