swing zone

587 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by SArthur2012
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm considering renting a bay for my sons birthday (he's 10)

1. Has anyone gone, good/bad experience?
2. Kids are allowed right?
3. Is it possible to adjust setting in their "games" to make it easier for him?
4. Could two dads and two kids finish a full round in 2hrs?
Aggie369
AG
I would just call them and ask

Don't want to book a party based off answers off here
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Aggie369 said:

I would just call them and ask

Don't want to book a party based off answers off here
number one question was the main point….
SArthur2012
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I'm considering renting a bay for my sons birthday (he's 10)

1. Has anyone gone, good/bad experience?
2. Kids are allowed right?
3. Is it possible to adjust setting in their "games" to make it easier for him?
4. Could two dads and two kids finish a full round in 2hrs?
I've been a handful of times to the Kuykendahl location (not sure if they have multiple?) and have always had a great experience. My only negative comment is the obvious in that it can get pretty expensive but what isn't these days. Answers below:

1. Great experiences as mentioned. Full bar, solid food, yardages/ball flight are pretty accurate. Different surfaces to hit from and the floor actually slopes depending where your ball lies.

2. Kids are allowed. My boys are much younger but at 10 I would bring them here for sure. My only concern would be that if you have more than 3-4 people hitting at the same bay they might get bored sitting on the couch between turns. There isn't much else there other than the bays and the bar but I also haven't been back in about a year.

3. I believe there are 4 or 5 talent level settings ranging from rookie to professional. I know you can edit each player's talent level setting before starting the 18. There's also the driving range option too.
One thing that's vey important if you do play 18 is to make sure you change the settings of your "gimme range" to the widest range possible. There is so much time wasted on the putting and if you don't change this setting you'll end up spending 50% of your time putting into a simulator instead of swinging (FYI the putting is very sensitive and plays the actual distance shown on the screen).

4. Two adults could finish in 2 hours if they're efficient. But by the time you check in, order drinks/food, select the course/settings, etc. you're really looking at about 90-100 minutes of playing. I'd reserve 3 hours for sure if I'm in your shoes.

Hope this helps!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.