Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Ceiling Fan Recs

624 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by maverick12
K4Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the process of having a new home built. We are pretty early in the process, however, we are purchasing the fans to be installed in our living room and on the patio. I'm looking for recs for quality fans that will move air, we want to feel it.

Specs:

Living Room:
19'W x 26'D with a 19 ft ceiling
There is also an open walkway spanning 12 feet on side (if that matters)
Looking for only one fan, and a recommendation on downrod length

Patio:

13'D x 26'W with a 10 ft ceiling
Closed on 2 sides

Thanks for any suggestions.
agdoc2001
AG
Haiku from BAF if you don't mind the price tag
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cena05
AG
Monte Carlo Maverick with a 8 foot down rod.
sanitariex
AG
I went with a 65" 8 blade Minka Aire. Did one in living room and patio and love them. Super quiet, and moves a lot of air
maverick12
AG
We went with a 72" outdoor fan from Hunter for our covered patio that is about that same size but has a ceiling height of 13' and the air movement is great. I wanted to go with a larger Big Ass fan knock off but the reviews on Amazon were not that great for the larger models. I've read that if the ceiling fan is mounted too close to the ceiling, it can limit air movement which could be something to consider. We used a 24" down rod on ours and it works well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.