*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

311,703 Views | 3704 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by PlanoGuy
MSTC Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congratulations Emiley!!

dixichkn
AG
Man. Really sucks watching SECN doing cartwheels over Bama girls and watching Murphy talk about what a boon to recruiting it'll be playing in a super.

You're in our spot, mofo. We beat your ass.

Man I want these girls to come back STRONG next year

Yeah I'm still bitter about the seeding. Sue me.
cevans_40
AG
Boozer92 said:

This was a very fun season to watch these girls play.

They treated the game the right way and fought to the end. This is strong step to setting the standard for the program.

Thank you to the seniors who have run out of eligibility. Trinity Cannon, Rylen Wiggins, Julia Cottrill, Jaz Hill, Shaylee Ackerman, Brooke Vestal, Sav Price and Page Lott.

I know I saw somewhere that 3 of them will be back with team next year in some sort of staff role. Graduate assistants I assume. I can only remember 2 of the 3 so if anyone else knows for sure please post. This will help carry the culture onto the next class.

Should be a fun off season. One transfer announced so far. I expected more portal acquisitions and unfortunately some portal losses. It is the nature of the state of college athletics.

On to baseball for 3 weeks our so.

I only know of Coleman entering the portal and Mac Barbara will fill her shoes well.
MSTC Man
AG
Coleman to the portal.
fitzwatema
AG
Mildly surprised to see Coleman in the portal.
mullokmotx
AG
Washington reportedly has 8 players in the portal. 6 of them started in their final game, a loss to Missouri. The top player is catcher Sydney Stewart who hit ,419 in conference games.
mullokag
Astroag
AG
mullokmotx said:

Washington reportedly has 8 players in the portal. 6 of them started in their final game, a loss to Missouri. The top player is catcher Sydney Stewart who hit ,419 in conference games.

Sounds like a no brainer for us
BohunkAg
AG
fitzwatema said:

She didn't play much this year
fitzwatema
AG
BohunkAg said:

fitzwatema said:

Yep, I knew that but thought she might be motivated to get in better shape to compete for playing time.
Boozer92
AG
mullokmotx said:

I wonder if Oregon and UCLA will see the same mass exodus. Those girls didn't sign up to play Big 10 softball
Boozer92
AG
Oregon State apparently has 19 players in the portal
JMac03
AG
Boozer92 said:

Oregon State apparently has 19 players in the portal

Is that like the entire team?!? How many players do they have on a team.
Boozer92
AG
3 remaining

Moving to the west coast conference next year. Not the pac 12 softball they signed up for
LB12Diamond
AG
Watching the softball game Bama UCLA. Bama coach makes the worst challenge I have even seen. Best part

Blue states the following.

"Bama challenges what is CLEARLY an out."

Never heard them state it like this but I like it. It appears Blue was making fun of the coaches challenge. Or maybe letting the review team know if you guys over turn this, I'm out!

And yes the play was confirmed very quickly.
BohunkAg
AG
fitzwatema said:

BohunkAg said:

fitzwatema said:

Yep, I knew that but thought she might be motivated to get in better shape to compete for playing time.

I wouldn't go that far as to attack a girls body
VegasAg86
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Watching the softball game Bama UCLA. Bama coach makes the worst challenge I have even seen. Best part

Blue states the following.

"Bama challenges what is CLEARLY an out."

Never heard them state it like this but I like it. It appears Blue was making fun of the coaches challenge.

And yes the play was confirmed very quickly.

My only guess is he was hoping for obstruction.
LB12Diamond
AG
No doubt and blue was making fun of him for trying to pull that one. Catcher did it perfectly and the Bama runner should have not been sent. She was out by a mile. Coach seemed to be trying to save face by making a bad decision to send her.
fitzwatema
AG
BohunkAg said:

fitzwatema said:

BohunkAg said:

fitzwatema said:

I don't feel like I was attacking her at all, but if that's your opinion, we can agree to disagree.

I wouldn't go that far as to attack a girls body
VegasAg86
AG
LB12Diamond said:

No doubt and blue was making fun of him for trying to pull that one. Catcher did it perfectly and the Bama runner should have not been sent. She was out by a mile. Coach seemed to be trying to save face by making a bad decision to send her.

No doubt, scoring from second on a single to shallow right field seemed a bit optimistic to me. Catcher had time to pack a sack lunch before making the tag.
Faustus
Alabama outhit UCLA 6-4 (one walk each) and ended up losing 4-1.

That's going to sting a little.
Positivelyag512
Oregon State former Assistant that led them to World Series on A&M staff this year

I wouldn't take any of their players, honestly
LB12Diamond
AG
Well. I'm cheering for Duke right now but not looking good. So UCLA in two days. Tired of this Sooner dynasty.

One sooner got a walk and spiked here bat afterwards and started yelling like she just won the lottery. What in the world.
PlanoGuy
LB12Diamond said:

Well. I'm cheering for Duke right now but not looking good. So UCLA in two days. Tired of this Sooner dynasty.

One sooner got a walk and spiked here bat afterwards and started yelling like she just won the lottery. What in the world.
Coleman & Brito have been doing that for years

Also, the Sooner dynasty will likely take a big step backwards after this season. They lose 10 seniors, with 6 of them being starting fielders and 3 of their top 4 pitchers.
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
hipnix
PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

Also, the Sooner dynasty will likely take a big step backwards after this season. They lose 10 seniors, with 6 of them being starting fielders and 3 of their top 4 pitchers.
They'll reload in the portal. SOP for the Sooners
Faustus
PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

OU out recruits everyone in the country and hilariously plucked Oklahoma State's best player (RS Sr. pitcher Kelly Maxwell - All American and 4 year starter) off the Cowgirl's team for this season.

I suspect talent won't be an issue for the Sooners.
Belton Ag
AG
OU has a handful of benefactors that have basically made that program into their vanity project. They're not going anywhere.
cevans_40
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Oregon State former Assistant that led them to World Series on A&M staff this year

I wouldn't take any of their players, honestly

Yeah. Their leading hitter hit .289 with 4 HRs. Not a good offensive team for sure. And no pitcher had an ERA under 3.
Bucketrunner
Sort of like buying National Merit Scholars and then trying to brag about it, lol. Their inferiority complex is second only to that of Louisiana.
Faustus
UCLA,, Bama, OSU, Florida, Duke, Stanford, and Texas combined for 23 hits today to OU's 11 in six innings.

Ruh roh.
PlanoGuy
Faustus said:

PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

OU out recruits everyone in the country and hilariously plucked Oklahoma State's best player (RS Sr. pitcher Kelly Maxwell - All American and 4 year starter) off the Cowgirl's team for this season.

I suspect talent won't be an issue for the Sooners.
You're correct that OU will have a lot of talent next season. However, the talent will be very young & inexperienced and/or fresh out of the portal (OU only has 1 JR this season). That'll be much different than what OU has recently. They will likely still be good, but I highly doubt it will be a the level they've been these past four seasons.

"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
First Page Refresh
Page 106 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.