This Weekend in the SEC (5/2 - 5/5)

15,945 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Sean98
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a wild last few innings.
dixichkn
AG
PhatMack19 said:

3 wild pitches/passed balls in a row, Auburn walks it off

dixichkn
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

I think we all know who our 2-seed will be.

I'll believe it when I see it
Sq 17
Luke The Drifter said:

I think we all know who our 2-seed will be.

I just want a four seed that has a losing record on Fridays
McInnis
AG
Ol Miss is an interesting case. They're now 25-22 (9-15) but even after today's loss their rpi is no. 25. It seems like they'll need to win the SEC tournament to get in. But you know they'll be telling themselves if they sweep the Aggies then anything's possible.

And the sips, now at no. 51 is a consensus no.2 seed.
twk
AG
McInnis said:

Ol Miss is an interesting case. They're now 25-22 (9-15) but even after today's loss their rpi is no. 25. It seems like they'll need to win the SEC tournament to get in. But you know they'll be telling themselves if they sweep the Aggies then anything's possible.

And the sips, now at no. 51 is a consensus no.2 seed.
They don't need to sweep us. They need to match against us what LSU does at Bama, then win the series straight up the final weekend at LSU. They will have the RPI edge on LSU if they do that. They might get in with 12 SEC wins, because their RPI is high.
jkag89
Other Sunday Top 25 Scores
Georgia Tech 3 - #4 Clemson 9
South Florida 5 - #5 East Carolina 8
South Florida 5 - #5 East Carolina 4 (DH)
#6 Oregon St. 10 - Washington St. 6
#20 North Carolina St. 1 - #7 Florida St. 8
Cal Poly 11 - #9 California-Irvine 2
Longwood 3 - #9 Duke 23 (7)
Longwood 1 - #9 Duke 11 (7) (DH)
Western Carolina 5 - #13 Wake Forest 10
Western Carolina 1 - #13 Wake Forest 17 (7) (DH)
#18 ULaLa 14 - Troy 13
Stanford 2 - #21 Arizona 7
Belmont 4 - #24 Indiana St. 6
#25 Utah 9 - Oregon 7

How the D1Baseball Top 25 fared: Week 12 Roundup
W
AG
W said:

the Ags (39-6) are 1 win away from a 40-win regular season

the program's most recent 40-win regular seasons were in 2015 and 2016

the 2015 team finished the regular season at 43-10. The 2016 club finished at 41-13

going further back...

the 2012 team went 41-14 in the regular season

the 2011 CWS squad did not get their 40th win until the Big 12 tournament
the 2024 team got win #40 this weekend

9 years ago in the 8th conference series, the 2015 team went to Knoxville and swept the Vols

so for the moment the 2015 club has pulled ahead again after 48 games:

2015 --> 41-7
2024 --> 40-8
Sean98
AG
Oregon State-Gonzaga at Spokane, WA this afternoon.. Home ump leaving the game with a jaw issue (very confusing, never saw him take a foul ball or anything). WCC Non-Con games only have 3 umps, so now we're down to 2. One of the field guys subbing in behind the plate and only 1 guy covering all 3 bases. Could get interesting here.
twk
AG
Sean98 said:

Oregon State-Gonzaga at Spokane, WA this afternoon.. Home ump leaving the game with a jaw issue (very confusing, never saw him take a foul ball or anything). WCC Non-Con games only have 3 umps, so now we're down to 2. One of the field guys subbing in behind the plate and only 1 guy covering all 3 bases. Could get interesting here.
That was every college baseball game back in the 80s. Harry Crenshaw and Wade Ford would cover Tuesday doubleheaders all by themselves in the late 80s.
Sean98
AG
2 guys can do it, but I wonder if either of these guys have ever worked a 2 man crew before? If not knowing your responsibilities could be a real problem.

...as I type Bazanna goes oppo and ties Jace with his 25th HR (4 in the last 2 games) and then the next batter hits one about 500 feet for a back-to-back.
Sean98
AG
And now his 26th. This game has been crazy. oSu up 13-4, then Gonzaga put up an 8 spot to cut it to 13-12... now Beavs have stretched it to 20-12.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.