*****Aggies @ LSU - Saturday*****

134,465 Views | 2069 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by AggieBB
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

This was as predictable as the sun rise.
It's what we do.

What was predictable?

Charlie 31
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

That #1 ranking was just too big for them. Spare me the "that's just baseball" BS.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
trouble said:

He's a troll. Put him on ignore

Not a troll. I'm just pissed because I hate LSU.
Capitol Ag
AG

Capitol Ag said:

cheeky said:

Team has played like they're hungover thus far this weekend. Poor hitting, sub-par pitching and lousy defense. If this isn't a wake up call then what is?

We look tired. The good thing is we did this to ourselves. We can fix that. Onwards. Let's win tomorrow and start a new winning streak. Tomorrow is opening day!

Tired from what? LSU has played just as much as A&M has.

Again, I don't know. We look tired and flat. Haven't looked like this all year. Haven't made this many errors and boots all year. This didn't seem like a very intimidating crowd. See my earlier posts. Brauny mentioned that having so many double headers the last few weeks can take a toll. He said it yesterday before any games were played. But it's interesting we've basically had a few weeks in a row like that. But hell, I don't know. We just look off. It's a theory. Regardless, get right tomorrow and move on. It's how we finish that matters.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Nm
Chrundle the Great
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

Is everyone ok?

A certain segment of the fan base finally has something to post about
trouble
AG
They can't sit with us
Bryanisbest
AG
LSU was not supposed to have good pitching. They sure pitched well against us.
AgEng06
AG
aginlakeway said:

el_guapo said:

The Marksman said:

That #1 ranking was just too big for them. Spare me the "that's just baseball" BS.
You're 100% right. A number next to the Aggies' name absolutely caused this loss, nothing else. They definitely didn't win 2 series vs ranked opponents with that very same number there. Tell me you don't know baseball without telling me you don't know baseball.

It was in Baton Rouge. It's what we do

What do we do in Baton Rouge in baseball?

Don't tell him the visiting team has won this series every time in something like the last 5 years.
twk
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LSU was not supposed to have good pitching. They sure pitched well against us.
Did you even read the series preview? They've got two real good starters, and Herring has been good out of the pen. Little is getting right for them. They have talent, even though they have not played very well at times.
Wabs
AG
People are looking too much at records, potential seeds, and whatever else and are missing the bigger issue. It really doesn't matter what seed we get. We have got to stop being so passive at the plate. Tonight we looked completely lost. We let their pitchers dictate. I don't know if I've ever seen a team watch as many early strikes as this team has this season and tonight it bit us in the ass. I guess we've won alot of games with this approach and that's really cool. But man, are we able to switch this approach or not? Can't start behind in every AB and just hope for the best.
aggiewilliford
Yep national seed is the big get! I want to host the whole way! I need two advil and a shower. That will put me in a somewhat better frame of mind!
Charlie 31
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

cheeky said:

Team has played like they're hungover thus far this weekend. Poor hitting, sub-par pitching and lousy defense. If this isn't a wake up call then what is?
We look tired. The good thing is we did this to ourselves. We can fix that. Onwards. Let's win tomorrow and start a new winning streak. Tomorrow is opening day!
Again, I don't know. We look tired and flat. Haven't looked like this all year. Haven't made this many errors and boots all year. This didn't seem like a very intimidating crowd. See my earlier posts. Brauny mentioned that having so many double headers the last few weeks can take a toll. He said it yesterday before any games were played. But it's interesting we've basically had a few weeks in a row like that. But hell, I don't know. We just look off. It's a theory. Regardless, get right tomorrow and move on. It's how we finish that matters.
Maybe Hayden Schott is wrong and Sorrell and Grahovac really did not make up after their ruckus earlier this week. ;-)
Capitol Ag
AG

But that's just it. It's LITERALLY baseball! Seriously. I'd be more shocked if we didn't lose a series. Id have loved it but it is what it is. That's how baseball go.

Also, the Ags had that ranking for a while. It's not like they just became No. 1 last week. Nothing "got to their heads". Maybe they were a little over confident? Who knows. But this wasn't a situation of the A&M team not being able to handle their ranking.
Budder01
Elite teams playing uninspired baseball against an inferior opponent in a meca of college baseball is the concern, especially this point in our season. Time will tell and hopefully we're better for it in the end but it's a concern to have showed like we have this weekend so close to the end. It's not panic on my part, just a legitimate concern. Would be different if we hadn't played the same uninspired two night in a row on a big stage.
coldmoose
dixichkn said:

Decay said:

AggieMD95 said:

Man lsu is goooooooooooood

Two games with the leading or tying run on base and we had like 15 errors. Not exactly dominant wins.
Still two L's. Frustrating as F. I literally would've rather dropped a series to ANYBODY but these asshats
I never like to lose. But I know realistically they wont all be wins.
It really sucks to lose to LSU. In anything, at anytime.
It sucks.
No one else is even close, except for the sips.
Sigh.
dermdoc
AG
coldmoose said:

dixichkn said:

Decay said:

AggieMD95 said:

Two games with the leading or tying run on base and we had like 15 errors. Not exactly dominant wins.
Still two L's. Frustrating as F. I literally would've rather dropped a series to ANYBODY but these asshats
It sucks.
Sigh.

You ought to be here,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggietony2010
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Capitol Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

cheeky said:

Maybe Hayden Schott is wrong and Sorrell and Grahovac really did not make up after their ruckus earlier this week. ;-)

Plus Gavin probably shares a Texags account with his dad and was wondering why he suddenly had 20 PMs and 36 reply notifications on his phone lock screen during the game last night.

We're gonna find out this week it was all an elaborate prank from Schott.
yell_on_6th st
AG
"It's just baseball, it's how it goes."
Can't that argument be used in any circumstance?
yell_on_6th st
AG
FTAG 2000
AG
This team is looking ahead to next weekend. Let's see how it goes before anyone panics.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

Baseball is more prone to random events than other sports. Football and basketball you can usually just out muscle the other team. Even when you play poorly. Doesn't work that way in baseball.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

yell_on_6th st said:

Baseball is more prone to random events than other sports. Football and basketball you can usually just out muscle the other team. Even when you play poorly. Doesn't work that way in baseball.

Very arbitrary. But doesn't answer the question
aeon-ag
cs69ag said:

I don't think we have lost 2 games back to back all year.

A little pressure may be felt this evening, For Lampkin to repeat
his last outing. For Grahovac to field better and for Montgomery to
be a factor at the plate. Also for a long relief guy to get us to Ash at
the end if we are tied or slightly ahead.

We now have 7 losses for the season. I get a kick out of the saying
"that's baseball", but I guess last night is an example and hopefully an outlier.

In looking back 35 years, the CWS winner has had a low of 12 losses and the
Old Miss high of 23. Hopefully we get back on track today!!
The way they have played this weekend it may be 3 back to back games come Sunday!!!
Big bubble got burst!!!!
Aggie12B
AG
Thanks Lance for starting this thread.
Thanks Sean98 for doing PlayByPlay in Lance's Absence
Great Job in relief

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't know what to tell you. It's how baseball works.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Blue star for being true to yourself
trouble
AG
I think you mean, that's how baseball go
coldmoose
dermdoc said:

coldmoose said:

dixichkn said:

Decay said:

AggieMD95 said:

It sucks.
Sigh.

You ought to be here,
I feel for you. I know. I will be there for a few days next week. But I will hear plenty well before I arrive.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Hopefully, we beat LSU to avoid a sweep.
reddish42
AG
Hopefully this isn't some Linsanity run that we've been on the past two months...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You're right. That's how baseball go.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

Blue star for being true to yourself

A. You didn't give me blue star.
B. Stick to football.
W
AG
it is interesting though...

we've seen a bit of a divergence from the 2022 Omaha team this weekend.

the '22 club rolled into B.R...with a bunch of new players...and won close games on Friday and Saturday vs. a top 10 LSU team
RedassAg04
AG
I think we always choke on national tv. Glad we're on SEC+ tomorrow instead of ESPN2. For the record I didn't go to the game and we still lost so Friday wasn't my fault.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.