Host Seed Predictions

18,125 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by tjack16
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LB12Diamond said:

That was the only team I was not sure about. They are top 8 RPI so just went with them.

I think the other 7 teams are locks.

I like your list but replace FSU with either ISU or OSU and I think you're good.

I really like that you have us as the only SEC team on the other side of the bracket.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
AggiesinNC
AG
Interesting to review what the committee did last year, as it appears that conference finish was considered heavily:

2023 Top 8 National Seeds:
1 - Wake Forest (47-10), #2 RPI
2- Florida (44-14), #3 RPI
3 - Arkansas (41-16), #5 RPI
4 - Clemson (43-17), #8 RPI
5 - LSU (43-15), #1 RPI
6 - Vanderbilt (41-18), #7 RPI
7 - Virginia (45-12), #11 RPI
8 - Stanford (38-16), #13 RPI
Sean98
AG
Yep. That's why I think OU makes it in. The way coast teams are almost always over slot headed on their RPI because they have a real dearth of quality mid-week options.
Sq 17
Sean98 said:

MR Gadsden said:

I just don't want to be #1 seed. The curse is real.
You're safe from that. We will NOT be #1.

If the bats get hot and we roll through the SEC tourney undefeated I think we might be. If one of the top 4 teams wins the SEC tourney hard to not give them the #1 seed and if one of those teams goes 2 and Q then they are not the overall # 1
LB12Diamond
AG
Soft ball coach Ford said the committee did one thing last year and one thing this year on their selections for the softball seeds.

Who knows what they will do this year for baseball.
LOYAL AG
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Soft ball coach Ford said the committee did one thing last year and one thing this year on their selections for the softball seeds.

Who knows what they will do this year for baseball.

I think it's pretty obvious that softball was downgraded to create a Super Regional matchup with tu. They probably deserved around 12 and got 16.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
LB12Diamond
AG
Thus they sometimes do things for match ups. That last top 8 seed could be done for the same reasons so not someone you are expecting.
Sq 17
Question on pairing for seeds

Iirc Geography is a stated consideration for regional brackets to lower expenses
Is it a consideration for determining the 1-16;2-15 etc pairings ??
Sea Pony 07
AG
Generally no.
tjack16
AG
Sq 17 said:

Question on pairing for seeds

Iirc Geography is a stated consideration for regional brackets to lower expenses
Is it a consideration for determining the 1-16;2-15 etc pairings ??

Depends on the year. Not supposed to determine the pairings but sometimes they are suspicious.

I'd venture to guess if we are from the 3-5 range and let's say Texas was 12-16… 100% they'd work it out to where we match up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.