Are we recruiting any kids in deep south texas?

5,416 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by
mudboy....
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NeerRaw:
I am a little older than that, I graduated in 91.

Jgreg:
We probably know each other, i played in a lot of those and played with all those guys. I took a little hiatus(which probably doomed my golf career) in between there and later in HS, so we may have missed each other.
Austin Horns
proudaggie

Yeah, I think that was him. I was living in Austin but my dad goes to a lot of high school football games and I remember this running back being on the front page of the papers down there every weekend because he was so good. But he was dumb as a brick and didn't have the grades. He was blessed with all the talent and no brains. What a waste. I thought he was from Brownsville, but maybe you're right, he could have been from Harlingen. It would have been around 1997, 1998, or 1999. Sound right?
mudboy....
I think HHS could be Hanna also...
jgreg9
MUD - I graduated from HS in 91 as well, but I was from the Houston area. I hung around the Harlingen crew (Ricky Alvarez, the Cabrera brothers, among the others I mentioned in my previous post). We were probably in the same age group.

[This message has been edited by jgreg9 (edited 8/6/2004 12:11p).]
mudboy....
Did you play the Woodlands tourney? Where did you go to HS?
jgreg9
Dickinson HS - I played in a couple of tournaments at the Woodlands.
rodok
I think part of the change has come from the number of scholarships-in my day the fish class was 120 with about a 80% attrition rate.In the 50s and 60s many of us kids went from the Valley to SWC/UH etc. AT A&M we had lots of "Valley Rats" and most of us made it through the tough times as we were fairly used to playing in the hot and rough conditions of the Valley. The Valley was always well represented in all the schools.
james womack
In the spirit of the Olympic games, I nominate my favorite Valley football player and also reveal my age. Bobby Morrow, San Benito High School, wisely chose to concentrate on track at Abilene Christian (College) University and brought home three gold medals (100,200, and 4x100) from the 1956 games in Melbourne.

flyfish
SOA 97
I played against Koy Detmer in High School. Valley defenses weren't much for stopping him. We did keep it close in the first half (I think they had a 7 point lead) but we got shredded in the second half. Of course we only had 5 healthy defensive backs, so it probably got uglier than it normally would have, but they beat us by 5 TD's.
TrentBishop

[This message has been edited by GoodAg94 (edited 8/23/2004 11:19p).]
TrentBishop
Thanks for the props Mudboy. I'm glad that my efforts were appreciated.

Trent Bishop-McAllen, TX
Fightin' Texas Aggie 12th Man Kick-Off Team
1991 & 1992 seasons
Beat the hell outta utah.
sotexag79
AG
Trent Bishop may have been a great 12th Man, but he can't pitch washers worth a sh*t--especially while holding a beer.
TrentBishop
The man speaks the truth.
rgt99
i albert ochoa kind of had red hair man that guy could really play i wonder what ever happened to him. I am from corpus and i remember going to the valley to play in some tournaments you guys were really good
Talon2DSO
AG
Bummed I missed this thread! Brownsville Pace '95 here. Aggie class of 08!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.