Trump Wants To Send Kill Squads After Mexican Cartel Leaders

7,884 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by El Gallo Blanco
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should've happened years ago, but I guess ATF doesn't want to lose out on their off the books revenue stream with the cartels.

Canyon Lake Agbu94
Beyond invading Mexico and sending in the troops after the cartels, this is the next best thing.

To fix this one, we are gonna have to get a little bloody.
Don't waste your days on dreams that don't fill you. Find out what you love and let it kill you.
Sher Thing
AG
Muy
AG
This is the way.
BusterAg
AG
Good way to get assassinated.

Would rather just blow them up like Ayman al-Zawahiri.
Madman
AG
I don't think this will produce the desired outcome.

I think this will just greenlight unlimited violence on our side of the boarder and still not slow the flow of drugs.

Until Americans lose their appetite for drugs they will flow north.
BlueSmoke
Someone's been binge watching Narcos on Netflix
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Madman
AG
Plus how do you send a kill team after guys that are also probably simultaneously on CIA payroll?
AggieDruggist89
AG
I actually made this recommendation to a US Senator last month, in person during a townhall meeting re/fentanyl.
Muy
AG
BlueSmoke said:

Someone's been binge watching Narcos on Netflix

Except the government didn't send kill squads to kill Cartel leaders. Pena helped the Columbian kill squad who ultimately helped the Cali Cartel take power.
Ag87H2O
AG

Give the cartel leaders the Soleimani treatment and it would slow things down. Take them out with drones and then blow up every asset they own. Let Mexico know in no uncertain terms that the present situation will not be tolerated, and if they don't get it under control, we will.
HumpitPuryear
AG
This needs to happen but lets not kid ourselves, the cartels are going to hit back. It might wake people up though.
Irish 2.0
A SEAL Team was able to be dropped into Pakistan from Afghanistan w/o being noticed to kill OBL. No reason to think it couldn't be done from US to Mexico.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's easier said than done, and I'm not sure he's prepared for the hornets nest of **** that will stir up. The cartels will respond with terrorism and violence that no one here is prepared for.

For one, you have to find and identify them first. That's not exactly simple.

For two, if you did kill them, someone else would take their place and you'd be right back where you started. There would be an immediate power vacuum and some infighting, but eventually you'd just have another cartel leader running the same infrastructure.

The only real way to do this would be a crackdown on Mexican nationals here in the US and complete closing of the border followed by an invasion of Mexico to dismantle cartel operations there. I didn't think any of those things are politically feasible.
bobbranco
AG
Will be tough. Mexican government and drug cartels are financial bosom buddies.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Madman said:

Plus how do you send a kill team after guys that are also probably simultaneously on CIA payroll?
This!! The cartel work with the CIA and to an extent with both parties as they fund campaigns.
I do not think the cartel would hit back in any "meaningful" way (any loss of life and terrorism is tragic) as the CIA handlers wont allow that, the handlers would work to get the cartels to give up X in return for Y.
Kraft Punk
bobbranco said:

Will be tough. Mexican government and drug cartels are financial bosom buddies.

The us government is a major piece of that bosom as well
Daddy
AG
Madman said:

Cia is going to get neutered

They're scared
agwrestler
AG
....now CIA will double their election iterference efforts and/or JFK DJT.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Or, they simply say, "**** off," because there's nothing the CIA can offer that's worth losing the drug and human trafficking trade.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
ABATTBQ11 said:

Or, they simply say, "**** off," because there's nothing the CIA can offer that's worth losing the drug and human trafficking trade.
The CIA acts as the middle man protecting the cartel when and where it can and always helping provide opportunities, do you think the cartel want the White House and the CIA as enemies? They arent stupid.
agwrestler
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Should've happened years ago, but I guess ATF doesn't want to lose out on their off the books revenue stream with the cartels.

HW already gone, but Brennan, Panetta, Cohen and Burns are opportunities to continue improvement.
doubledog
Just drone the cartels and then send Mexico a bill. (for doing their job for them)
Get Off My Lawn
Only an outsider can "fix" institutionalized problems. Mexican officials are compromised by cartels to such a degree that there is no realistic hope of internal reform. My largest concern is that we see mission creep until we're engaged in a full blown COIN.
TyHolden
AG
No way Congress will let him destroy their cash cow.
Muy
AG
Make a deal with one cartel, take out the other cartel leaders. After the first cartel takes over, take out all of their leaders. Eff en all.
Muy
AG
TyHolden said:

No way Congress will let him destroy their cash cow.

I fully believe now that the cartel has control of many in DC.
BoydCrowder13
To quote Sicario "turn one cartel into 50".

While I would love to do something about the cartels, not sure if this is the most effective solution.
Madman
AG
Daddy said:

Madman said:

Cia is going to get neutered

They're scared

I will bet on covert power beating overt power in most scenarios. Public officials and the military can't beat the nameless faceless opponents we have here.
No Spin Ag
Irish 2.0 said:

He had four years to do it when he was in office, but if he did this if he gets in again, then that'll be one hell of a "Good Trump" from me.
Buford T. Justice
AG
That is a very good question.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Irish 2.0
2nd term. He's got nothing to worry about to be re-elected. All presidents keep/kept the really divisive **** until the 2nd term because they didn't have to worry about defending it on the campaign trail
Tex117
AG
Also, as an official policy of the US this is illegal. But hey, cool. Why not give this baffoon more dictator power of elected?

Don't at me Biden. Don't care. This is about Trump
fredfredunderscorefred
BoydCrowder13 said:

To quote Sicario "turn one cartel into 50".

While I would love to do something about the cartels, not sure if this is the most effective solution.

Taking out leaders has been very effective for the last 40 years to stop the flow of drugs
BigRobSA
Biden thinks "Cartel" is that ice cream joint in NY.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.