*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

316,429 Views | 6131 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by All I do is Nguyen
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The number of unforced turnovers by Harley is gonna give me an aneurysm.
FWAppraiser
AG
Those graphs are only helpful in context. Since we only scored once, and on the power play, on ice offense is going to skew negative across the board. His actually isn't as bad as most of the rest of the team. He struggled defensively which is why it looks like he played so bad.

Edited to add: I'm not trying to represent I'm an expert either. Just giving explanation, as I understand it.
Kashchei
AG
See, THAT Tampa play was offside and affected the game, not the Stars' ticky tack *****
GrapevineAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

The number of unforced turnovers by Harley is gonna give me an aneurysm.

Statistically speaking, Harley didn't have a giveaway in either game. Duchene on the other hand… I think he had 4 of our 9 giveaways in game 1 and 1 of our 9 giveaways in game 2.
BassCowboy33
So, I've noticed this over the years. The stat giveaways always seems to be different than actual giveaways, which always had me wondering what actually qualified.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah, I hear ya.
FWAppraiser
AG
Bourque has been called up. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll play, but nice to see I was wrong and they're at least keeping that option open if Marchment can't go.
rather be fishing
AG
Anyone else feel like Otter has sucked and is the reason we're down 0-2?
sburg2007
Nah, it's a total team effort.
rather be fishing
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Agreed on all counts. Dellandrea is so offensively inept, it's offensive (pun intended). I just worry they'll go that route.

I hope Marchment is ok. He's been playing really well, even before this series.

I could see them rolling out something like:

Robertson-Hintz-Stankoven
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Seguin-Duchene-Pavelski
Smith-Steel-Dellandrea

Not crazy about it. In fact, gives me even less confidence. But it is what it is.

I'd rather see Pavs with the young kids.
rather be fishing
AG
sburg2007 said:

Nah, it's a total team effort.

Game 1 was a race to the bottom for both tendies.
WyoAgg10
AG
I personally disagree with both of your takes.

Defense was just as much to blame for two of the goals in game 1. For game 2, 1 goal isn't going to win many, if any, games in a playoff series.

Pavs is moving much slower than last year. Stanky is a work horse and putting him with Robo and Hintz, in my opinion, pulls the focus off our "stars" as they gotta keep up with this new guy skating circles being a menace. Johnston and Benn are PB&J, so can't see them getting split up. Also don't think Pavs and Benn on the same line is effective at all. Both front of the net guys.

Again, I never claim to know the X's and O's of hockey, but I feel pretty confident in my thoughts above.
shack009
AG
rather be fishing said:

Anyone else feel like Otter has sucked and is the reason we're down 0-2?

I thought Otter was spectacular in game 2. Only allowed 2 goals. Maybe he'd want the second one back, but overall, he did plenty enough to win game 2.
rather be fishing
AG
WyoAgg10 said:

I personally disagree with both of your takes.

Defense was just as much to blame for two of the goals in game 1. For game 2, 1 goal isn't going to win many, if any, games in a playoff series.

Pavs is moving much slower than last year. Stanky is a work horse and putting him with Robo and Hintz, in my opinion, pulls the focus off our "stars" as they gotta keep up with this new guy skating circles being a menace. Johnston and Benn are PB&J, so can't see them getting split up. Also don't think Pavs and Benn on the same line is effective at all. Both front of the net guys.

Again, I never claim to know the X's and O's of hockey, but I feel pretty confident in my thoughts above.

Otter looked like ass and missed a couple of shots that you or I probably could have stopped in game 1.

I didn't say I want Pavs breaking up Benn and Wyatt (they are so cute together). I just said I would like to see him with the young guys. That could be Stank and Robo, I don't care, but that old fart can tip some shots and whoever can get the most shots towards the goal should be paired with Pavs.
TV Casualty
AG

Not for the squeamish. Brendan Dillion got cut open really bad on his hand at the end of the Avs - jets game.
The Pilot
AG
Sucks that he got cut up but he instigated the scrum.

Avs continue to score in bunches, Georgie actually stopping shots unlike game 1.
Grapesoda2525
Throw the kitchen sink at the ****ers tonight
The Pilot
AG
Even tonight's game is late….
FWAppraiser
AG
I only bet on hockey when in Vegas. And even then, only small amounts for fun. But I've watched the line for tonight's game creep from Vegas as a slight favorite down to an even pick 'em this morning. Money must think we bounce back tonight.
Grapesoda2525
FWAppraiser said:

I only bet on hockey when in Vegas. And even then, only small amounts for fun. But I've watched the line for tonight's game creep from Vegas as a slight favorite down to an even pick 'em this morning. Money must think we bounce back tonight.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're the best road team in the league.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yep.

FWAppraiser
AG
Marchment and Faksa are "game-time decisions". Which means at least one of them probably isn't playing. May see Bourque after all.

FWAppraiser
AG
Son of a...
rather be fishing
AG
Maybe Delly has figured out how to put the puck in the net.
FWAppraiser
AG
One can only hope

Strange line combos tonight:

Robertson-Hintz-Johnston
Benn-Duchene-Stankoven
Seguin-Dadonov-Pavelski
Smith-Steel-Dellandrea

Those 3rd and 4th lines worry me. Then again, what do I know? They'll probably be the best lines on the ice tonight.
FTAco07
AG
#FREEMAVRIK
HockeyAg07
AG
Drop the damn puck already
gigem1223
10 pm puck drop is absolutely ridiculous
Out in Left Field
AG
**** Vegas & the NHL!
rather be fishing
AG
gigem1223 said:

9pm in Montana
aggie98infl
AG
11pm in SC. At least it's Saturday night.
gigem1223
It would be about right that a mid goal tender would have the series of his life against the Stars. Doing everything right but can't find the back of the net.
Jack Ruby
I'm starting to hate the Vegas goalie on a personal level.
TV Casualty
AG
gigem1223 said:

Especially when it's a Saturday and they could've easily started the eastern conference games earlier.
rather be fishing
AG
Perfect storm of a scrub goalie playing lights out and complete offense collapse.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 176

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.