northern lights in Amarillo last night

457 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by 96LawAg
96LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took these off Western St just north of the 335 loop. Just an iPhone, no filter.

CanyonAg77
AG
Congrats! We discussed going to look for them, but the closest confirmed sighting was Masterson.

In Canyon, the lights of Amarillo kill anything to the north
Nixter
AG
Looks like we were looking at the same time! I caught the Starlink satellite constellation on video. I was already dumbfounded with the aurora and then when the satellite constellation came through and sparkled, it took my breath away.

This view is looking west, not north. Got similar pictures from my vantagepoint off VFW just north of Canyon.
96LawAg
AG
Nixter said:

Looks like we were looking at the same time! I caught the Starlink satellite constellation on video. I was already dumbfounded with the aurora and then when the satellite constellation came through and sparkled, it took my breath away.

This view is looking west, not north. Got similar pictures from my vantagepoint off VFW just north of Canyon.

Right, to the west. I didn't say north, but you're correct it is looking west.
Nixter
AG
96LawAg said:

Nixter said:

All good. That part was responding to CanyonAg.

They may have been the northern lights but that wasn't the direction of Friday night's show!
96LawAg
AG
Nixter said:

96LawAg said:

Nixter said:

All good. That part was responding to CanyonAg.

They may have been the northern lights but that wasn't the direction of Friday night's show!

Yeah it was interesting because we were looking north. Didn't see anything until we looked west and also straight up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.