Tesla Charging

980 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by satexas
chick79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On a fairly regular basis a few hours each day I have this humming and droning sound I hear in parts of my house. It seems to be coming from outdoors near my neighbor's garage. He has a Tesla. Could the charging be the cause of this? I also have a neighbor two doors down who has two Teslas.

It's not horrible but this seems to be the only thing I can think of causing this noise.
drumboy
AG
Yes. Mine sounds like a spaceship sometimes when charging
chick79
AG
Is it loud at your house? If I can hear it like I do at my house I imagine it's pretty loud in his garage and home too.
tk for tu juan
They could also be pre-cooling the interior before driving somewhere. It is fairly loud outside the vehicle as the system fans run at max speed.
drumboy
AG
chick79 said:

Is it loud at your house? If I can hear it like I do at my house I imagine it's pretty loud in his garage and home too.

No can't really hear it inside.
sts7049
AG
are these guys your neighbors?

chick79
AG
That's funny. I actually thought about a meth lab.
Medaggie
Unless something is wrong with his Tesla charging, prob something else. My Tesla charging is dead quiet. It hums alittle when I start to drive but never home charging. Supercharging has a slight hum but no way can you hear it from next door.
satexas
AG
Scotty : She's gonna blow captain!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.