Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

GLP-1 Peptides Mounjaro/Tirzepatide, Ozempic/Wegovy/Semaglutide - any experience?

15,308 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by KidDoc
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The new South Park special "The End of Obesity" has the kids navigating the American health care system to get Cartman semaglutide meds. Spot on.
wangus12
AG
Just reiterating. Please make sure you are maintaining a consistent workout program while taking these meds. These things take a decent chunk of lean body mass for the weight loss as well so you want to be training to help maintain your strength.
True Anomaly
AG
wangus12 said:

Just reiterating. Please make sure you are maintaining a consistent workout program while taking these meds. These things take a decent chunk of lean body mass for the weight loss as well so you want to be training to help maintain your strength.
100%

You should also do consistent resistance training when dieting even if you're not using a GLP1.

Preferably, your resistance training should have more of a hypertrophy focus in order to preserve muscle
Teddy Perkins
AG
True Anomaly said:

wangus12 said:

100%

You should also do consistent resistance training when dieting even if you're not using a GLP1.

Preferably, your resistance training should have more of a hypertrophy focus in order to preserve muscle

How much daily protein should we target? 1g per lb is what I've seen but there's no way I'm hitting that target. I assume it's lower if you have a BMI over 30. More of 1g per lb lean body mass might make more sense?
True Anomaly
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

True Anomaly said:

wangus12 said:

100%

How much daily protein should we target? 1g per lb is what I've seen but there's no way I'm hitting that target. I assume it's lower if you have a BMI over 30. More of 1g per lb lean body mass might make more sense?
Anywhere from 0.7-1.2 g/pound of lean body weight is the optimal goal for body recomposition, based on the consensus of evidence

In my view, it's based upon your body fat percentage. The higher your body fat percentage is, then the harder it is to calculate your protein goals- so you just need to make an adjustment
- If you're actually 15% BF or less, then you can just use your actual body weight for the protein goal
- If you're 20% BF or above, then using "ideal body weight" for your protein goal is probably better just because it's easier to fit in and still see results

I truly believe ALL adults would benefit from consistently eating > 100 grams/protein per day

But none of this is truly optimized unless you do consistent resistance training, biased towards hypertrophy
KidDoc
AG
I agree with the resistance stuff. I've been off GLP1 since my insurance stopped covering it nearly 2 years ago. Drifted up some but stablized and now dropping a bit with the only change is adding Tonal in 11/2023. Game changing machine for me, first time I've enjoyed lifting since high school and I'm actually seeing strength gains!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.