Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What food place did you miss most when you graduated?

9,531 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by CuervoAg
89DogDoc94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Los NorteƱos
2. Cow Hop
3. Dixie Chicken
4. Fajita Ritas
5. That Steak Place going to Lake Somerville stated above
6. Philidelpia Cheese Fries at some joint at the end of N. Gate near the Wellborn
TulaneAg
Cowboy Beans from Ken Martin's Steakhouse
Treycole01
AG
Wings N More and Harvey Washbangers
JROD9398
So you'd get the coupon book at the beginning of the semester...

• Emilio's Leaning Tower Special....like small pepperoni and sprite for $3.79 (if you didn't tip)
  • Swensen's...similar deal, but burger / fries / drink and a sundae for under $5.00
  • And Finally....Mr. Gatti's. Oh man, talk about gorging. I liked Double Dave's for the rolls, but for pizza buffet, Mr. Gatti's.
  • The steak place out by Snook...I thought was called Czech Tex (maybe still open). I mean I went there back in 97-98. Summerville Inn was where they had the huge broiled steaks and a baked potato
Holik
AG
Swensons
Fort Shiloh
Chicken Oil
Double Daves
Gatti Land
3C BBQ
Casa Ole
Monterrey House
Koppe Bridge
BBQ
AG
I do believe you are referencing The Deluxe with #6
StinkyPinky
AG
JROD9398 said:

So you'd get the coupon book at the beginning of the semester...

• Emilio's Leaning Tower Special....like small pepperoni and sprite for $3.79 (if you didn't tip)
  • Swensen's...similar deal, but burger / fries / drink and a sundae for under $5.00
  • And Finally....Mr. Gatti's. Oh man, talk about gorging. I liked Double Dave's for the rolls, but for pizza buffet, Mr. Gatti's.
  • The steak place out by Snook...I thought was called Czech Tex (maybe still open). I mean I went there back in 97-98. Summerville Inn was where they had the huge broiled steaks and a baked potato

You get it!
hmparksjr
DSP - i.e. Dead Solid Perfect (1977-1979)

Back a couple of blocks behind the Dixie Chicken. Awesome burgers!! Cold long necks.

Had a gas grill in the kitchen of an old house. Cooked with window open. Burger patties were 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" thick.
Booger Red
agwrestler
AG
spherical said:

Harvey Washbangers!

And Herberts- crawfish etoufett with xxx spiceā€¦. Whew.

Ditto for Herberts. $11 for a 32oz cup of Jambalaya was lunch and dinner. I still haven't found something similar in Fort Worth.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
honestly cant think of a resteraunt in cs that didnt suck except the republic, and i couldnt afford that. We had a Kreuz market in Bryan for 5 minutes, but it went under because the mouth breather yoekels wanted them to abandon everything that made it special- I assume its another location to get deep fried bull**** and burgers now, as was every restaurant when I was there.
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Wild Wooly Wednesdays at Double Daves
Oknows
AG
Worked at the mall, and there was this pizza place that also made a Philly cheesesteak ala Jersey Mike's. It was amazing. Probably the best sandwich I've ever had.
RebelE91
AG
Fatburger
Fleen
12thMan9 said:

LB12Diamond said:

Cain Hall

Steaks every week in the fall.

That Oreo pie was crazy good.

Holiday meals were top notch.
My friends would pay me to come eat there on Sunday's. Thursday night was steak night, free Blue Bell as well as machine. Breakfast was always great as well.

Fajita Rita's was great, all you can eat for $7.99, girlfriend worked there for a while. Things changed when the owner blew up Graham's.

I thought Chicken Oil was overrated, never did much for me. Came to The Chicken burgers later in life, not bad.

Lived in Cain for 2 years in C wing, with most of the football players. My roomie had a class w/a guy who worked at DD's. They locked down Cain at 10:30 on Friday's, if you weren't there & non-scholly like me, you had to find somewhere to sleep.

Country, as he was called, would knock on our 1st floor window & we'd get a pizza or 2. And the trainers coming by for room check would have "beverages" in our snack bag for us.

Ahhhh, Cain Hall. C-wing 3rd floor '93-'95.

Rich Coady lived down the hall always yelling at us "sl@pd!cks" to "keep it down!"...

That place was open 24 hours by that point. The 1st floor football guys would carry the kegs upstairs since nobody trusted the elevators anymore.

Food was top notch!
Haricougar
AG
Cow Hop and Pepe's

When we drive back to town we make an effort to go and get the chile con queso.
Romans 12:9-11
jwag
AG
Tom's
Sodolak's
Texag 77
AG
Zarapes (before it moved ti Bryan) and Country Kitchen
aezmvp
Ogre09 said:

I still miss Fitzwilly's
Their lunch deal was a great treat to a poor college student. Burger, fries and a coke or beer for $5. Even better when professors had office hours there during lunch.
El Capitan
AG
Casa Ole'
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Tom's BBQ
(I moved to College Station from Maryland and Tom's was my first introduction to brisket)
Los Nortenos
Fajita Ritas
MechMan_00
AG
There was a place called Partners (circa 1997) that was similar to Potato Shack. Loved ordering takeout from them.

Anybody know if they just changed their name to Potato Shack or if it was different owners?
CuervoAg
AG
Flying Tomato would be cool to see again.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.