This Weekend in the SEC (4/25 - 4/28)

24,756 Views | 276 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by RED AG 98
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

This. And Kentucky is much like Tennessee with Mingione as their coach. He is just like Vitello.
Without near the success. This will only be only the third time UK will make the NCAAs since Mingione got to Lexington in 2017, Great first season, nice postseason run last year and having now having a fantastic season so far this year. Most SEC schools would have gotten rid of him long ago.
trouble
AG
He's just pathetic
dermdoc
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

This. And Kentucky is much like Tennessee with Mingione as their coach. He is just like Vitello.
Without near the success. This will only be only the third time UK will make the NCAAs since Mingione got to Lexington in 2017, Great first season, nice postseason run last year and having now having a fantastic season so far this year. Most SEC schools would have gotten rid of him long ago.
Agree. Never have seen Rob that mad when they came in and swept us Mingione's first year.

He had to be tackled by our coaches to keep him from going after the Kentucky third base coach.

And no hand shaking after the game but basically a stare off between the 2 teams coaches right in front of us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

Sq 17 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Dang. Lots of loud outs for the Bama in the 9th. Hopefully they can win the series tomorrow.

Are we rooting for Bama just because Ole Miss is the most Dou**-B** program in the SEC

First of all, that title belongs to Msst this year.

Secondly, you want teams that beat you to accumulate more wins than teams that didn't. (Yes I know we haven't played OM yet, but the point remains.) This shows that the Aggie loss isn't as bad.

There is a difference between going 2-1 vs a Top 25 and going 2-1 vs a 51-100. We can't change the loss, so we might as well wish them success.
If Ole Miss was playing someone not on our schedule this year, that would be relevant. But, since Bama is on our schedule, screw Bianco and the Rebs.
swimmerbabe11
ole miss fans are fun, I really enjoyed making friends with them in Omaha, the year I went
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

ole miss fans are fun, I really enjoyed making friends with them in Omaha, the year I went

We have had very different experiences. They treated us and Dylan Rock and Austin Bost like crap several years ago.

Of course, we also had drunk TCU frat boys dropping f bombs on JB Moss's grandma at Lupton during the 2015 Supers. And then ran away like schoolgirls when a couple of us confronted them.

Maybe it is us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
This was in 2011 when they hadn't been there in forever and a day, so they were just happy to be there.
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

This was in 2011 when they hadn't been there in forever and a day, so they were just happy to be there.

We were there too. Had no interaction with them.
And I added an addendum to my post about our experiences at Lupton.
trouble
AG
I think that's also when I introduced you to my rebel buddy at Olsen.
Sq 17
dermdoc said:

Sq 17 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Dang. Lots of loud outs for the Bama in the 9th. Hopefully they can win the series tomorrow.

Are we rooting for Bama just because Ole Miss is the most Dou**-B** program in the SEC
Tennessee says hi.
Thanks for all the responses
My thoughts
there are a handful of horrible fan bases / DB teams Ole Miss definitely is at or near the top of the list

The RPI angle is not important ; if the Ags keep rolling we are national seeds if not we are regional hosting

Ole miss being eliminated before we see them would be nice but their kids will show up and play hard because these kids were good enough to earn an SEC offer they don't just quit
Personally I can never root for Bama in any sport that is like rooting for ND or the NY Yankees
dermdoc
AG
Sq 17 said:

dermdoc said:

Sq 17 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Tennessee says hi.
Thanks for all the responses
My thoughts
there are a handful of horrible fan bases / DB teams Ole Miss definitely is at or near the top of the list

The RPI angle is not important ; if the Ags keep rolling we are national seeds if not we are regional hosting

Ole miss being eliminated before we see them would be nice but their kids will show up and play hard because these kids were good enough to earn an SEC offer they don't just quit
Personally I can never root for Bama in any sport that is like rooting for ND or the NY Yankees

We have been at every Bama fb and baseball games in Tuscaloosa. They treat us great.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Ole Miss came to Olsen in '97 or '98 - pounded Ryan Rupe on Friday night and beat us something like 18-2. We went out after the game, ran into a few Rebel fans, OM assistants, and trainers, and had a blast. Ags bounced back to win games 2 and 3. We had a great time with everyone from Ole Miss all weekend. It's a little heartbreaking to see what Bianco has turned that team into, sportsmanship-wise.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dabo man
AG
Ole Miss came to Olsen in 1998, and I won a $25 gift card to the Kettle!!
(Will94 was my original TA user name)

dabo man
AG
Tennessee up 3-1 on Missouri in the top 4

Florida at Arkansas getting underway on ESPN2
dabo man
AG
Trailer for "Boy Kills World" on both SEC broadcasts at the same time. Going to be a long day with that one...
dabo man
AG
Arkansas fans wearing beer hats. Kind of funny to see that in the Ozarks, which is loaded with dry counties.
Sea Pony 07
AG
dabo man said:

Arkansas fans wearing beer hats. Kind of funny to see that in the Ozarks, which is loaded with dry counties.

It's nice weather here in Fayetteville today. Supposed to be stormy tomorrow
dabo man
AG
Hope you're settled in nicely. One of these years I'm going to watch the Ags play there. It's only a five hour drive for me.
jkag89
Mizzou has had TOOTBLAN after TOOTBLAN this afternoon.

Mizzou 2 - UT 3 T6
Sea Pony 07
AG
dabo man said:

Hope you're settled in nicely. One of these years I'm going to watch the Ags play there. It's only a five hour drive for me.

I like it so far
themissinglink
AG
Tech down 4-2 to KU T4.
themissinglink
AG
KU beats tech 11-2 to secure the series.

TCU leads K-State 7-4 B6
YokelRidesAgain
AG
dabo man said:

Ole Miss came to Olsen in 1998, and I won a $25 gift card to the Kettle!!
(Will94 was my original TA user name)

That was a great series. Ole Piss jumped all over Ryan Rupe in Game 1, but the Ags came back to take Games 2 and 3.

Rebels had a d-bag 1st base coach named Keith, and the Raggies were all over him. Serenaded him off the field after the final out of Game 3 with "It's all Keith's fault!"
RED AG 98
AG
themissinglink said:

KU beats tech 11-2 to secure the series.

Woooof. One step forward 10 steps back for tech.
jkag89
Things are already chippy in the 1st in Columbia after a HBP

UK 1 - SC 0 B1 Bases full of chickens two out.
dabo man
AG
And the Cards are up 6-4 on the Mets.

That's what I'm watching until our audio kicks in. Then the Redbirds go on mute.
TAMUallen
AG
Scar giving UK troubles.

5-1 Scar at home. 2 outs bottom of 1st
W
AG
so the Red Raiders (29-16)...

have lost series to Kansas, Baylor, UCF, TCU, and t.u.

lost 5 conference series, but looking good for an at-large bid
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

so the Red Raiders (29-16)...

have lost series to Kansas, Baylor, UCF, TCU, and t.u.

lost 5 conference series, but looking good for an at-large bid

Too long for a bus trip, but wouldn't be surprised to see them at Olsen.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TAMUallen
AG
UK 6
South Carolina 6

T4
2 outs
W
AG
W said:

all right, the Georgia baseball team is making its 4th trip to College Station / Blue Bell Park

(still waiting for the Georgia football team to find its way to College Station, but that's a story for another thread)

UGA is only 1-8 at Blue Bell. A&M has won the 3 previous series: 2013 (sweep), 2016 (sweep), and 2021 (2/3)

when the teams last met in 2022....the Ags became the first road team to win the season series...by taking 2/3 in Athens
so the Ags won the series again from the Bulldogs

UGA is just 1-10 at Blue Bell with 1 more game to go this weekend

similar to Vandy, BBP is a chamber of horrors for the dawgs
W
AG
#6 North Carolina up to 17-6 in the ACC -- looking good for a top 8 seed

likewise big road series win for #4 FSU at Duke -- 'noles look like another top 8 seed
Leander - Ag
AG
UK- USC in a battle bottom ninth
Leander - Ag
AG
Wow. Almost walk off
Sean98
AG
W said:

#6 North Carolina up to 17-6 in the ACC -- looking good for a top 8 seed

likewise big road series win for #4 FSU at Duke -- 'noles look like another top 8 seed
They're interesting to me and I think you're right... But this is their first series win over a tourney team I think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.