Got pretty heated in the stands last night

26,427 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by EVA3
duroc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
two most memorable games for me was the 39-6 massacre on those corndogs in 1975. our wishbone option ran wild with Bubba Bean, Skip Walker, Bucky Sams, with David Shipman at QB. stadium damn near empty by 4th quarter but we had to honker down with the band until at least an hour after. the worst was 1990 that we lost 8-17.
seated right next to the band in low deck corner of end zone a empty whiskey quart bottle zoomed right me and my wife's heads - sheer luck no hospital trip.
LSU Baseball Fan
The crowds are definitely rowdier on Friday nights compared to Saturday and Sunday games. Sunday afternoon games rarely get rowdy. On Friday you have way more students and plant operators getting off work across the river stopping by for a game.

As a general rule, the closer you sit to the grandstand in Alex Box, the more relaxed the crowd will be. That's where all the players' families and old season ticket holders sit. The crowds are much more blue-collar and rowdy near the foul poles. The visiting fan section is near the rowdiest area of the park besides the student section. I don't even like watching games there. Unless it's a midweek game, I never sit too far away from the grandstand.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hey Derm, did you happen to see this jeep?
Hearne_Ag
AG
tjack16 said:

Only legit bad experience over there I've had was the 2021 football game at tiger stadium. That one was rough and only intensified when max Johnson led that final winning drive.

Been there 4 times for football and once for baseball (2019 double header)
You just had to bring that loss up again huh, that was miserable.
NoahAg
This is why I don't support alcohol sales at college games. It's already made Kyle Field a worse experience.
Shoefly!
AG
TexAgs23 said:

I went to one football game in "Baron Rouge" and swore to never go back. Way too many classless clowns there.

Notre Dame and Colorado say Hi!
Tex100
AG
https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/lsu/lsu-neck-chant/

Hard to believe these guys were out of line
91AggieLawyer
AG
At the '89 LSU game at KYLE, there was a drunk LSU guy flipping off Aggies walking down the north ramp in the student section. These guys aren't just crazy, they're stupid.
LB12Diamond
AG
NoahAg said:

This is why I don't support alcohol sales at college games. It's already made Kyle Field a worse experience.

Guys that want to drink, are going to drink. Tailgate prior. And sneak it in if there were not sales.
EVA3
AG
Alcohol sales in the stadium or not, those coonasses bring it in. Most of them are hammered.
Fquin
AG
Lamkin has hung the same pitch to 4 straight batters.
Hehateme1
dixichkn
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Had the very unpleasant experience of sitting in the end zone a few rows behind the band in 88 I believe.

Showered with drinks from the Tiger faithful
Went to my first BR game that year. A couple of Corps buddies had a roll of large garbage bags that they were handing out to us. Told us to poke a hole thru the bottom and wear it like a poncho. "You'll need it. Trust us". We thought the dudes were crazy. Sure enough, we got inside, unfortunately seated near the band…….were pelted from the upper deck with ice, drinks, hot dogs, pretty much anything they could wad up and throw.

I went back in '92 and that was the infamous weekend where all the cars with anything A&M on them were vandalized, taillights and headlights smashed out, cars broken into, stuff stolen etc. Was so bad CorndogU president wrote a letter to the Batt the following week apologizing for their behavior

I have never been to another sporting event in that sh**hole since and never intend to. Y'all can have it.
dixichkn
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

At the '89 LSU game at KYLE, there was a drunk LSU guy flipping off Aggies walking down the north ramp in the student section. These guys aren't just crazy, they're stupid.
I'll never forget this………after the 87 game campus cops found some LSU dude wandering around over by Olsen, shirtless, had no idea where he was. This was at like 6 AM the Monday morning after the game. He'd gotten so drunk he wandered off after the game somewhere out by Pearce/ intramural fields and passed out. ALL DAY SUNDAY. His buddies were looking for him all day.

Corndogs are a different bunch.
kevmiller
TexAgs23 said:

I went to one football game in "Baron Rouge" and swore to never go back. Way too many classless clowns there.

I went to a football game in Baton Rouge when Coach O beat us in his final game.
Not one bad encounter with LSU fans and guys behind us although drinking quite a bit were great to my kids

Go figure
BimsAg24
AG
Redacted
Rocky Rider
AG
Louisiana is at or near the bottom of public education in the US. Anyone surprised by the behavior from the students, alumni, and fans. Not me.
Leander - Ag
AG
Poors
dixichkn
AG
kevmiller said:

TexAgs23 said:

I went to a football game in Baton Rouge when Coach O beat us in his final game.
Not one bad encounter with LSU fans and guys behind us although drinking quite a bit were great to my kids

Go figure
Many people have commented they're a little more acceptable these days than they were in the 80s/90s. In fact I've noticed when they come to CS most of the true jackasses are dudes in their 50s and 60s. Same losers from back then
Maroon Flash
AG
Almost had to fight my way back to my seat after getting turned around and going into the BR south end zone by myself in 90's.

After attending the Cotton Bowl game against LSU, I made the decision I will never go to any athletic contest that LSU is participating in.
Agryan00
Inbreds from the swamp that don't know any better. They know they are. Some of the drunkest people I have every met before a football game. But if all you had was your miserable state and Sat. football game I am sure you would probably get pretty slammed as well.

Fight fire with fire!!! Thats the only way they will ever understand.

Maybe LSU game at Olson should be sponsored by Davids Sunflower seeds.
AggieBB
AG
Rocky Rider said:

Louisiana is at or near the bottom of public education in the US. Anyone surprised by the behavior from the students, alumni, and fans. Not me.
There you have it. To get into lsu all you need is a pulse, a drinking problem, and an obnoxious attitude. And all the swamp trash that never graduated from HS are all die hard tIgAh fAnS!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I guess our teams have been just as scared of LSU through the years as y'all are of their fans. Maybe they dominate us in everything because we are all scared of them.
dermdoc
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I guess our teams have been just as scared of LSU through the years as y'all are of their fans. Maybe they dominate us in everything because we are all scared of them.
Nope. Not scared. Just tired of drunk coon asses, most of whom did not attend LSU, yelling at me for no reason.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Perhaps you might want to take a look at our record against LSU since we joined the SEC. It's not what you think.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Money grab
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
phatty26
dermdoc said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Nope. Not scared. Just tired of drunk coon asses, most of whom did not attend LSU, yelling at me for no reason.

Boy this times x 1000. Drunk high school dropouts and jr high graduates who show up to watch dem tigers brah. Trashiest fans ever bottom libe we've got to play better and the other way to control the trash is by making the game (in any sport male or female). Early in the day not allowing the stupid drunk idiots to get lubed up.
Divining Rod
dcg4403 said:

.....Glad they stunk it up this season....

Yeah, they have like 8 less wins than us
on the season. They may not even make it to Omaha.
Rocky Rider
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I'm old enough to remember when we resumed the football home and home in the 80's. LSU started the series by crushing us but then the Ags tore them up for several years. After LSU had enough of us the exited the agreement by offering University of Pacific as a suitable replacement; which seemed fitting.

LSU has had their share of success against the Ags in football's (helped by traveling to College Station only 2 times from 1914 to 1987), but so have we.

Since this a baseball forum the all time record between LSU and A&M is fairly even. Hardly dominating.
dermdoc
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

The crowds are definitely rowdier on Friday nights compared to Saturday and Sunday games. Sunday afternoon games rarely get rowdy. On Friday you have way more students and plant operators getting off work across the river stopping by for a game.

As a general rule, the closer you sit to the grandstand in Alex Box, the more relaxed the crowd will be. That's where all the players' families and old season ticket holders sit. The crowds are much more blue-collar and rowdy near the foul poles. The visiting fan section is near the rowdiest area of the park besides the student section. I don't even like watching games there. Unless it's a midweek game, I never sit too far away from the grandstand.

What I do not get is why they let that behavior go on. All these LSU fans were apologizing to us, why not do something?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
austinag1997
AG
https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/man-shot-to-death-on-bonnabel-boulevard-in-metairie-officials-say/289-549131144

This was a few years back...
Aggie0956732
That sounds intense! It's crazy how some fans can get out of hand. It's great to hear that you and the other Aggies kept your cool. Stay focused on supporting your team, and let's hope for a big win against LSU! BTHO LSU!
StinkyPinky
AG
dermdoc said:

LSU Baseball Fan said:

What I do not get is why they let that behavior go on. All these LSU fans were apologizing to us, why not do something?
I agree, this can easily be monitored and moderated. The inaction makes it seem like it is passively encouraged and apart of the LSU experience (i.e. Philadelphia Eagles???)
Maroon Flash
AG
"could copy and paste this for my freshman experience in 94. Got real quiet when Leeland McElroy got loose for the game winner."

Yep I was there sent them out of that stadium real quick!
Bucketrunner
"What I do not get is why they let that behavior go on. All these LSU fans were apologizing to us, why not do something?"

This. That it is allowed, and even tacitly encouraged, shows a certain pride in being trashy. You and I don't understand it, but we aren't part of that "culture."
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.