sus_agdawg is a known scammer

2,592 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Txmoe
tankernate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scammed me out of $130 today.
jakester03
AG
Tried with me. Scum.
Txmoe
AG
Yep, he got a couple more of us in the past few days.

There's a running list of scumbags in this thread: PLEASE BE CAREFUL! - Page 4 | TexAgs
MsDoubleD81
AG
Did they try and sell section 103 row 4 for $75 to Arkansas? I just LOL'd at them.
TexAgsSean
AG
He has now changed his name to OldAggie_2
tankernate
AG
Just saw that
Al Bula
AG
How did the scam work?
tankernate
AG
I posted that I was looking for Arky tickets for Friday night. He pretends to have tickets. Sends fake screenshots of his 12th man account. I fall for it and send him money via Zelle. He stops responding to all correspondence. He hit me up via private message. Outside of his habitual scams I'm sure he's a great guy.
Al Bula
AG
Well this is weird.

sus_agdawg joined on April 13, 2024 and somehow got his username changed within a few weeks.

But Texags has a policy where you can't change your username within 6 months. So is this a bug in the forum software or did someone change his name for him?
Tailgate88
AG
We really need some way for buyers and sellers to verify their ID with TexAgs. AgTag works but not everyone can get one. I am to the point where I will only deal with people who have AgTags and significant posting history.
wargograw
Why can't we post our scam situations all on new threads so that people looking for tickets at a given time will see all the recent scammers right there in front of them? As opposed to how it is currently where you have to check the pinned thread first.
Texaggie7nine
Paypal only. Do not use friends and family option.

Stay away from all other forms of payment.
7nine
Tailgate88
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Paypal only. Do not use friends and family option.

Stay away from all other forms of payment.

Venmo has an option where you can say it is for merchandise and it charges the seller a small fee. You can offer to add a little to the price to cover it and if the seller refuses that is a red flag.
Wicked Good Ag
Tailgate88 said:

We really need some way for buyers and sellers to verify their ID with TexAgs. AgTag works but not everyone can get one. I am to the point where I will only deal with people who have AgTags and significant posting history.
I dont have an Ag Tag but have a significant posing history...i sell tickets for a friend when his family obligations get in the way.

I dont think that having to have both is that important but i would always still be wary of scammers
Hearne_Ag
AG
Make the Ticket Exchange Ag Tag and premium and basic subscription exclusive.
Tailgate88
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Tailgate88 said:

I dont have an Ag Tag but have a significant posing history...i sell tickets for a friend when his family obligations get in the way.

I dont think that having to have both is that important but i would always still be wary of scammers

If I was thinking of buying tickets from you and I saw your posting history goes back to 2010 I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Maybe there should be a rule that you can't list tickets for sale if you don't have at least a one year posting history or something? And while they're at it make it where Rookies can't start threads...

Also I still think TA should have additional levels beyond Legend since there are so many posters who have Legend status 10x over or more....
Al Bula
AG
Since sus_agdawg/oldaggie_2 has a TMF tag, maybe they can track this scumbag. But he was surely banned since no posts since 4/30. I wonder which rookie he is now.
Broncos
Posting history is the biggest indicator of scammers here.

Hand to hand exchanges are also helpful.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Do not send money to someone who has had an account for two weeks.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Al Bula said:

Since sus_agdawg/oldaggie_2 has a TMF tag, maybe they can track this scumbag. But he was surely banned since no posts since 4/30. I wonder which rookie he is now.

I'm sure they signed up for the min per month and using a stolen card or a gift card that's not traceable
TxAggies2012
Hearne_Ag said:

Make the Ticket Exchange Ag Tag and premium and basic subscription exclusive.

I would be for this. No tag, but i'd buy the subscription during times when I'm selling.

For everyone out there possibly buying, do not just give in because they say howdy or Gig 'Em. Ask personal questions or ask to meet locally (even if you aren't planning to). Ask for their name/class year, etc.

If they give vague answers, press them on it.

We have a lot of football tickets so I'm often selling in the fall but I will always give anyone who hasn't bought from me before my full name, email, phone number, and enough information for them to out me bad. I also always offer to meet locally if they want, etc.

It's a damn shame *******s and scammers exploit others on here.
Aggie09Derek
AG
They would have to make it ag tag + some sub. Just a sub all the scammers would buy just like the poster here did (using charge card/stolen cc etc) and would give people a false sense of security (just like this person PM'ing on here).
Broncos
Ag Tag isn't fail proof. Randy had an Ag Tag.
Texaggie7nine
Broncos said:

Ag Tag isn't fail proof. Randy had an Ag Tag.
Dang ol Randy!
7nine
Al Bula
AG
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the same guy.

https://texags.com/account/profile/315593

Same posting style and got a TMF tag a few days after joining. Could be wrong since account was created while the other account was still posting.

Compare and make your own decisions.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yup. Saw another guy with same thing. Guessing some AI program that's posting.
UhOhNoAgTag
Why can't TexAgs take care of these?
Broncos
Al Bula said:

Same posting style and got a TMF tag a few days after joining. Could be wrong since account was created while the other account was still posting.

That's some straight Chat GPT type responses.
Hearne_Ag
AG
Broncos said:

Al Bula said:

That's some straight Chat GPT type responses.
If so a very shady wanna be Aggie.
rondis23
AG
Totally agree...AgTag should be a requirement moving forward. We should hit up the TexAgs Radio show this upcoming week. Show airs live on YouTube and Nuno and staff do read comments live on the air. Something HAS to get done to avoid future scams.
Hearne_Ag
AG
rondis23 said:

Totally agree...AgTag should be a requirement moving forward. We should hit up the TexAgs Radio show this upcoming week. Show airs live on YouTube and Nuno and staff do read comments live on the air. Something HAS to get done to avoid future scams.
Certain requirements I would put in place would be Ag Tag and premium or basic subscriptions, or just charge a flat fee in order to view the ticket exchange. Screw the scammers!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Flat fee they would just pay using stolen funds or something untraceable. Would cause people to feel that much more safe when shouldn't.
AgRyan04
Al Bula said:

I have a similar offer from them as well.
Txmoe
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Al Bula said:

I have a similar offer from them as well.
I bet you're right! Both this person and the other one have the same MO. (I was going to add more similarities but don't want to help them get smarter.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.