Home Depot

3,855 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by ABATTBQ11
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gotten the "I know you don't work here, but..." several times. Always happy to help
boy09
AG
A strangely high number of people have asked me "do you work here" at Home Depot.. I don't know what it is about me that gives off that vibe. It's happened a couple of times at Best Buy too.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Gotta stop wearing an orange apron at Home Depot and a blue polo at Best Buy
JobSecurity
AG
I specifically do not want store employees talking to me

If the app can't tell me where something is I will just order it online
ABATTBQ11
AG
I worked at both Lowe's and Home Depot at different points. It's all store dependent. The Home Depot I worked at was great. A lot of people I worked with worked hard and knew their **** about the products. The Lowe's I worked at was crap. I had a guy get pissed off at me because I spent half an hour cashing a manufacturer to figure out how to get a lady some replacement blinds for her door (the kind between the glass) after he told her we didn't do that and she needed to buy a whole new door. I've since moved, and now my nearest HD is empty except the occasional unhelpful moron, and the nearest Lowe's actually has pretty decent help.
Burdizzo
AG
Problem I have in both Lowes and Home Despot is the amount of pilfering that goes on. I have seen countless items on the shelf where it was obvious some "customer" had pried it open to get one little part from it and left the rest behind. And don't get me started on how disorganized the bolt bins and pipe fittings aisles get because people grab one and then put it back in the wrong cubbyhole.
Independence H-D
Aggie Therapist said:

nbbob said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

The one in New braunfels is hilariously bad. They do not answer the phone seemingly as sop. One time I just let it ring for 10 minutes and the guy who answered was mad at me for not giving up. Hate that place. Lowe's is slightly better, but not much.

Agree the one here in New Braunfels has terrible service. Was there last year to buy a washer/dryer and refrigerator for my daughter's new place. Were completely ignored even though we flagged 2 employees down as they were either "in the middle of something" or "would be right back."
Yeah, I feel like Lowes is slightly better.

I tried to utilize their military discount they offer but they don't accept military IDs. LMAO

You have to get registered online.

They also discontinued the military discount for appliances.
Krazykat
AG

The one in New braunfels is hilariously bad. They do not answer the phone seemingly as sop. One time I just let it ring for 10 minutes and the guy who answered was mad at me for not giving up. Hate that place. Lowe's is slightly better, but not much.

+1.
John Armfield
Aggie Therapist said:

So my wife went back to pick up the third toilet, we could only fit two in the back, and the employees said "the lot loader is on break".

Apparently, they offered no help to my pregnant wife, nearing the end of her 2nd trimester, and just stood there and watched her load the toilet in the back of her vehicle. Another customer helped her finish putting the toilet in the back.

You got to be kidding me.
you sent your prego wife to pick up a toliet then blame it on the store employees? lol husband of the year here
Aggie Therapist
AG
Independence H-D said:

Aggie Therapist said:

nbbob said:

Agree the one here in New Braunfels has terrible service. Was there last year to buy a washer/dryer and refrigerator for my daughter's new place. Were completely ignored even though we flagged 2 employees down as they were either "in the middle of something" or "would be right back."

I tried to utilize their military discount they offer but they don't accept military IDs. LMAO

Yeah I asked for a military discount for appliances at Home Depot and they said no.

Terrorists
Independence H-D
I heard some crazy stuff about the one in Victoria.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1810305
basic8
At least Ace has that Helpful dude.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Independence H-D said:

Aggie Therapist said:

nbbob said:

Yeah I asked for a military discount for appliances at Home Depot and they said no.

Terrorists

I got a water heater from HD in December. My uncle was helping me with the install and was able to use his military discount. Not sure they count that as an appliance though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.