*** POOR THINGS *** (Emma Stone)

11,021 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Ghost of Bisbee
MiamiHopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ramy Youssef had me rolling with the perfect deliveries of his incredulous "What?!!!"

Dafoe was perfect for his character.

Very odd and funny flick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
schmendeler said:

Emma's S
I remember it blowing my mind when I first realized this wasn't just a thing localized to my school or town. Apparently it's a very widespread thing among all millennials.
Jim01
AG
Absolutely the weirdest best picture nominee I can remember in some time.

The first 15-20 minutes is just a non-stop parade of "WTF am I watching?" I stuck with it and enjoyed it. It's definitely a movie that is going to take a long while to digest.

I would vote Emma Stone for Best Actress if I had a vote. Gold Derby has Lily Gladstone narrowly ahead but to me her performance was a bit muted and underwhelming in parts and she is only a part of the movie. Emma is clearly the core of this movie and had a tougher assignment to me.

My parents usually try to watch as many Best Picture nominees as possible but man they would HATE this one.
Txmoe
AG
DustysLineup said:

Quote:

Like, to the point where Emma Stone goes fully nude a shocking amount of times.

I agree with your anticipation of such a thing but I have to say that it's disappointingly underwhelming. Looks like she knew she was going full Monty and decided that she needed to lose 20 lbs (from her typical 110 lb frame).
bonfarr
AG
Weird as in artsy fartsy eccentric weird or weird like three naked obese ladies slow dancing nude for 5 minutes like Nocturnal Animals weird?

I can handle artsy fartsy weirdness if the story is good but I'm still having nnightmares from the opening scene of NA.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Jim01
AG
The second one. It's extremely strange. Like half chicken half French bulldog walking around strange.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, closer to the second one - it can be relatively grotesque at times - but the whole thing is so whimsical that it doesn't come off at all like that Nocturnal Animals sequence in terms of tone. It's weird as hell, but it's a legitimately good, interesting story, with fun performances, a couple of which resulted in two Oscar nominations.
Jim01
AG
I made a big ole bowl of popcorn to watch but didn't have much of an appetite to start with. Grotesque is a great word for it. The visuals, costumes, and makeup are all top notch.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, yeah, probably best to watch on an empty stomach.
Sazerac
AG
WTF?
That's the post. That's it.
InternetFan02
AG
Just found it on Disney Plus was gonna watch diary of a wimpy kid with the boys but let's try this instead
YouBet
AG
Wild movie. It's gross, surreal, funny, and dark.

I would describe it as an NC17 version of Barbie made by Wes Anderson.
rednecked
AG
watched about 45 minutes of this last night. this is some ****ing weird *****

I'll probably watch some more of it today.

Also for anyone interested in watching this to see Emma Stone naked. I've seen her tits 3-4 times so far and there is nothing sensual or erotic about it. That is probably the least entertained I have ever been when looking at tits.

Ervin Burrell
AG
Ervin Burrell
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

schmendeler said:

Emma's S
I remember it blowing my mind when I first realized this wasn't just a thing localized to my school or town. Apparently it's a very widespread thing among all millennials.
This is a really cool video about said 'S'...love all of this guy's videos.

Another Doug
AG
Holy ****, I was not expecting a Wes Anderson fever dream. I've never watched a movie that made me look away from the screen in horror and laugh out loud so much. I might not ever watch it again or I might watch it 1000 times, regardless that is a film I never will forget.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
This movie is weird.

The dance music was so strange
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.