2024 Books Read

20,009 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by texsn95
Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finished Game of Thrones (book 1 ASOIAF). Really, really good. Especially considering I already knew what happens, it still kept me on the edge of my seat. I could see it being a more difficult read had I not already been familiar with the characters and settings…but man I can't imagine what it would have been like to read it not knowing the ending.

On to Clash of Kings. This is a long one…I'll see you all on the other side. Winter is coming.

Read in 2024:

The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
Fairy Tale - Stephen King
The Shining - SK
A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara
Game of Thrones - GRRM

Up next:
A Clash of Kings - GRRM
BQ2001
AG
I got on an Asimov kick this year reading the 3 Robot books and just about finishing up the 6 Foundation books.

Also read 2 books by DJ Molles (Terminus and Sanctuary) in the Lee Harden series. I've been reading that series a while and always enjoy them. It's a Zombie/post apocalyptic series, but less about the zombie stuff overall now and more of survivors now. Fast, easy reads if you are into that genre.

I think I'm starting the Hyperion series next, always have wanted to dig into that one.
cmk10
AG
Read Flowers for Algernon for the first time... I knew the ending was coming, but man that was sad...
Another Doug
AG
cmk10 said:

Read Flowers for Algernon for the first time... I knew the ending was coming, but man that was sad...
If you need a pick me up watch The "Flowers for Charlie" episode of Always Sunny
cmk10
AG
That is a great episode!
The Marksman
AG
Death of Kings(Saxon Stories Book 6) by Bernard Cornwell
texsn95
AG
Just finished "Holly" by King, not a fan. The political interjections were way over the top.
G.I.Bro
texsn95 said:

Just finished "Holly" by King, not a fan. The political interjections were way over the top.

The Last book in the gwendy trilogy got political. Wish he'd go back to doing cocaine
Another Doug
AG
texsn95 said:

All off his books now show his obsession with Trump, oh look the hero has to stop a political demagogue with his ESP powers so he won't destroy the world. Go back to writing child orgies moran.
YouBet
AG
G.I.Bro said:

texsn95 said:

The Last book in the gwendy trilogy got political. Wish he'd go back to doing cocaine

I miss Cocaine King.
Eliminatus
AG
YouBet said:

G.I.Bro said:

texsn95 said:

I miss Cocaine King.
There are only two authors I have found whose outside opinions bleed enough into their work that I cannot stomach the books anymore. RF Kuang and King. Oh how the king has fallen.
texsn95
AG
G.I.Bro said:

texsn95 said:

I'm a huge SK fan (for the most part) and have never heard of that series, I'll have to add it to the queue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.