***** THE BAD BATCH - FINAL SEASON - OFFICIAL THREAD *****

11,632 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by ChipFTAC01
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The final season of The Bad Batch, Star Wars' tale of Clone Force 99 - kicks off with three epsiodes on Disney Plus on Wednesday, February 21st (my 50th birthday).

There will be 15 episodes in all from Feb 21st to May 1st.

When we last left the Bath in March 2023, Tech sacrificed his life to help the others escape when one of their raids of the Empire's cloning project butted heads with one being undertaken by Saw Gerrera. Their long-time contact Cid (Rhea Pearlman) then betrayed them to Dr. Hemlock, an Imperial scientist, who captured Omega, their young "sister" clone, and returned her to Mt. Tantiss where she was reunited with Crosshair, the clone who obeyed Order 66 and joined the Empire, only to have multiple crises of faith in Season 2, ultimately leading to him murder a superior officer in cold blood - one of my all-time highlights of SW animation. he's arrested and put in Tantiss as well.

Season 3 trailers and talk suggest a big finish for multiple clones, including Rex, Gregor, Commander Cody - who deserts from the Empire during Season 2, Echo (who leaves the Bad Batch to help Rex during Season 2), Gungi the Wookie Jedi from Clone Wars,

All Season 3 episode titles can be found online here. The first 3 are "Confined", "Paths Unknown", and "Shadows of Tantiss". The finale, due May 1, is "The Cavalry Has Arrived" - which I believe is Wrecker's first line when they are introduced in Season 7 of Clone Wars.

Come celebrate the brilliance of Dee Bradley Baker as all members of the Bad Batch along with Rex. As seen in the teaser trailer, Nika Futterman returns from Clone Wars to voice a reborn Asaj Ventress.

First two seasons hit 86% and 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

First clip shows Omega and Crosshair in prison at Mt. Tantiss, one of my favorite EU Easter Eggs to make it to the screen.

jeffk
AG
Excited about this one. Nice job with the thread.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So is Ventress supposed to be good, bad, or neutral?
jeffk
AG
She's bad but also anti-Empire.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
She's kind of a sith version of Ahsoka.

Ahsoka was trained by the Jedi, betrayed by them, then went solo.
Ventress was trained by the Sith (Dooku), betrayed by them, then went solo.

Last time we saw her, I think she was trying to figure out who she was and what she wanted to be after losing her purpose and sense of self with her outcast from the sith.
Thanks and gig'em
C@LAg
In the name of the Father, the Daughter and the Son, and the Bendu who is in the middle, may Omega's death come early in the season and her suffering before such death be legendary.

Same with Rhea Perlman's lizard chick.

Amen.

And may the force be with you.
The Porkchop Express
Another quick clip - young Clones in the wild.

C@LAg
ok. 3 thumbs up for all three episodes, even though 1 and 3 are solo Omega episodes.

don't ask me where I got the third thumb, but I may have picked it up on Mount Tantiss.

Set pieces are gorgeous, music was very cinematic, we got mouse droids, Palps, an answer to what Omega's purpose is and how it ties into the the Imperial plans.

The Porkchop Express
Took some time this morning to watch all 3. Very positive.

Felt the first episode was really high quality and really some brave choices that show how much animation has matured for SW. Purposeful shots to show us how miserable life is for Omega at Mt Tantiss. The water dripping, the same non-interaction with Crosshair every day, really great to commit to spending an episode showing us the despair for her and Crosshair, the very subtle treachery of Nala Se, and Hemock's big picture stuff.

The second episode was more formulaic with some younger clones and a scary vine monster, but still erally good. With Tech dead, Echo off with Rex, and Crosshair in prison, they don't have to make Wrecker such a dumb-dumb and his character's seriousness about thir mission and other issues is welcome. They crossed me up I thought the young clones would join up, but showed Hunter's maturation to invite them to a life other than a soldier.

Having Ian McDiarmid back as Palpatine was a nice surprise for #3, and anyone who thinks at any point the sequels will be scrapped need look no farther than how far into the Palpatine clone plot both Mando and Bad Batch are leaning. I liked that Hemlock was not afraid of the Emperor, and I liked that once he was loose, Crosshair was still the best of the best. The wild animal saving the day was telegraphed, but a good message for Crosshai as he tries to find a place.,
MASAXET
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Took some time this morning to watch all 3. Very positive.

Felt the first episode was really high quality and really some brave choices that show how much animation has matured for SW. Purposeful shots to show us how miserable life is for Omega at Mt Tantiss. The water dripping, the same non-interaction with Crosshair every day, really great to commit to spending an episode showing us the despair for her and Crosshair, the very subtle treachery of Nala Se, and Hemock's big picture stuff.

The second episode was more formulaic with some younger clones and a scary vine monster, but still erally good. With Tech dead, Echo off with Rex, and Crosshair in prison, they don't have to make Wrecker such a dumb-dumb and his character's seriousness about thir mission and other issues is welcome. They crossed me up I thought the young clones would join up, but showed Hunter's maturation to invite them to a life other than a soldier.

Having Ian McDiarmid back as Palpatine was a nice surprise for #3, and anyone who thinks at any point the sequels will be scrapped need look no farther than how far into the Palpatine clone plot both Mando and Bad Batch are leaning. I liked that Hemlock was not afraid of the Emperor, and I liked that once he was loose, Crosshair was still the best of the best. The wild animal saving the day was telegraphed, but a good message for Crosshai as he tries to find a place.,
Agreed across the board. Really enjoyed the first three episodes. The tone/pace of the first one was more akin to prestige tv than a kid's animated show.

Excited about the rest of the season.
Jim01
AG
Very solid start to the season. Great show!
redline248
AG
How far into the season before Emery either flips sides to join Omega or dies in sacrifice to save her?

Also, if the single blood sample isn't enough for Hemlock to achieve his goal, Omega is bound to be captured again?

Project Necromancer was mentioned in The Mandalorian, right?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

How far into the season before Emery either flips sides to join Omega or dies in sacrifice to save her?

Also, if the single blood sample isn't enough for Hemlock to achieve his goal, Omega is bound to be captured again?

Project Necromancer was mentioned in The Mandalorian, right?
there is always baby Yoda lurking out there for a cameo, or to be used as the source of blood used for the snoke/palpy process.
redline248
AG
True. I was thinking about where exactly his location might be at this stage of the timeline. We still don't know how he got from rescued from the Temple to in possession of bounty hunters in Mando S1, right?
jokershady
AG
Great episodes so far but I do have questions….

Are they successful with getting what they need from Omega in this show? Obviously Palps is successfully cloned at some point….so you'd think the Empire somehow accomplishes their goal so, "somehow palpatine can return"….

However….

If that's the case then why did they need Grogu's blood (yes it's Grogu…shut up!) in The Mandalorian? They do mention "project necromancer" in S3 of Mando when Moff Gideon has the blue face time meeting with everyone….so curious how everything will fit in here….

But yeah…very solid start to the last season of bad batch and can't wait to see what's in store!
C@LAg
jokershady said:

Great episodes so far but I do have questions….

Are they successful with getting what they need from Omega in this show? Obviously Palps is successfully cloned at some point….so you'd think the Empire somehow accomplishes their goal so, "somehow palpatine can return"….

However….

If that's the case then why did they need Grogu's blood (yes it's Grogu…shut up!) in The Mandalorian? They do mention "project necromancer" in S3 of Mando when Moff Gideon has the blue face time meeting with everyone….so curious how everything will fit in here….

But yeah…very solid start to the last season of bad batch and can't wait to see what's in store!
gideon wanted to clone himself (I think. i quit watching Mando at the start of S03) so i assume baby yoda was for gideon

given the timeline....

Palpy clones have to be successful, grown and reproduce to result in rey within 50 years, so they have to be successful with Omega's blood for the timelines to work. even with accelerated clone growth.

and just follow KISS theory. yeah.,we could throw in a Grogu appearance in the Bad Batch, but it is not needed or required to tell the story/close the plot holes in the saga. Using Omega makes the most sense
redline248
AG
Is Rey's dad supposed to be a Palp clone? I thought he was just a regular kid who Palp had?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Is Rey's dad supposed to be a Palp clone? I thought he was just a regular kid who Palp had?
clone
fig96
AG
I only ever got through the first half of s1 so starting over from the beginning...man this first ep is so good.
jokershady
AG
fig96 said:

I only ever got through the first half of s1 so starting over from the beginning...man this first ep is so good.
we binged watched S1 when we were getting ready to watch S2 just as a reminder….ifs a really good and easy show to binge watch
CapCityAg89
AG
My daughter had a school event over the weekend so we had to wait until last night to start. Man we love this show. The very best of animated SW. and if you live SW where dudes do awesome stuff in a non force wielder world, this is it in spades. Wrecker is better. Omega is better. Nala Sai is a hero. Crosshair is back baby. All great.
The Porkchop Express
CapCityAg89 said:

My daughter had a school event over the weekend so we had to wait until last night to start. Man we love this show. The very best of animated SW. and if you live SW where dudes do awesome stuff in a non force wielder world, this is it in spades. Wrecker is better. Omega is better. Nala Sai is a hero. Crosshair is back baby. All great.
Even though it would have meant his death, I kinda wanted Crosshair to take a shot at Palpatine in the last episode.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I've started see a lot of fan theories about how Tech survived. I really don't think they'll go there, but more than that, I really hope they don't. It was a powerful moment in the show and one of those things that elevates the storytelling they've achieved in the Clone Wars/Bad Batch series.
CapCityAg89
AG
I agree. My daughter is convinced he comes back. I'd be disappointed though.
jokershady
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

I've started see a lot of fan theories about how Tech survived. I really don't think they'll go there, but more than that, I really hope they don't. It was a powerful moment in the show and one of those things that elevates the storytelling they've achieved in the Clone Wars/Bad Batch series.
boy i really hope not.....tech went out like a boss and his death made a big impact on the show....

and honestly im expecting a few more of clone force 99 to get killed off before the end of this season...it would make sense since we never hear from them again...of course they could back and live on that island but since we never hear about Omega and they obviously aren't killing a kid....im pretty sure theres going to be a few other hard hitting moments this last season and if they do them justice like they did tech this could end up being an AMAZING show when it wraps
The Porkchop Express
I'm hoping for some kind of massive battle near the end with the clones who have defected going toe to toe with stormtroopers and shredding them, maybe even in support of a nascent Rebel cell. Basically like what happens in the series finale of Battlestar Galactica when the humans and the superior Cylons attack the base held by the old centurions.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
If Tech survived, it's going to be because Hemlock has hooked him up worse than Echo was

But since they already did that with Echo, I highly doubt they do it again. I think the goggles were meant as a sign that "no, this guy's really dead."
Thanks and gig'em
twilly
AG
Here's my theory…

An L of an Ag
AG
Just caught up. Great start to the season!
jeffk
AG
Ep 4 is up now. Great episode. Really appreciated the music in this one, which isn't something that's struck me often.
redline248
AG
jeffk said:

Ep 4 is up now. Great episode. Really appreciated the music in this one, which isn't something that's struck me often.
The ending music made me think of Game of Thrones
The Porkchop Express
Episode 4 was really excellent. Really grand animation that amped up my emotions when Wrecker and Omega saw each other and a great cut to let our imaginations fill in the gaps on what is first said amongst Crosshair, Wrecker, and Hunter.

Crosshair being a bad ass is definitely my favorite part of the show, whipping Imp ass.

Also like the minimization of the difficulty of 2 people (and a dog) getting off a planet that is just a standard Imp world -20-25 stormies, one pompous governor type, but really oppressive.

Plus having them reunite with Omega early - albeit with Hemlock on their tail - takes this away from the whole season being a plot to rescue Omega.

The writing on the wall seems to be there that Nala Se is going to probably suicide herself and take out Tantiss somehow, or at least cripple Project Necromancer for a while.
C@LAg
i found this episode mostly unnecessary. Yeah, i get they are trying to give Omega/Crosshair some more time together, but we really already had that and the relationship development in episodes 1/3.

with only 11 episodes left, i would rather have had the time be spent on meaningful story, not a mostly filler episode.
The Porkchop Express
What do you guys think of the idea that the final mission is to take the fight right at Mount Tantiss, free the other clones and shut down the cloning operation there for good?

It would allow them to call in a lot of former clones who are out there, thin the herd a bit, considering we only know that Rex and a few others survive even to the Rebels era, and give the Clones a fight that makes them feel like they had one last victory over the forces of evil.

Would be great if they set up Hemlock on some wild goose chase and he's halfway across the universe when it happens.
Kampfers
AG
Anyone else catch that trooper get absolutely yeeted when Omega was taking off in the cargo ship? Definitely had to rewind a few times to let myself stop laughing and focus back in on the episode.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.