*****SURVIVOR 46 OFFICIAL THREAD*****

8,703 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by Rudyjax
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeff has mentioned before that they like to tweak the rules in order to stay one step ahead of the players. In that vein, I would like to see some changes to the "Shot in the Dark" rule. The effect it seems to have is that the alliances behave like the chance it pays off is 100% instead of about 17%. Yes, the player forfeits that vote, which is a reasonable cost. It just seems like the threat is overvalued.

ETA: OK, so after looking up the history of "Shot in the Dark" here https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Shot_in_the_Dark, my impression was totally off. The other players seem to actually undervalue it as a gameplay strategy. For example:
Quote:

On the other hand, as is with the case of flushing idols, players may consider inciting paranoia to encourage a "safe" target to play (and waste) their Shot in the Dark, removing their ability to potentially save themselves at a later date.

Given that the Shot in the Dark prevents one from casting a vote, players may strategically "waste" their Shot in the Dark even without any threat of elimination. This presumably prevents them from showing their cards and potentially burning bridges with other tribe members. Players may also turn over their Shot in the Dark to another player as collateral or as a show of trust.
Rudyjax
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Rudyjax said:

Is shot in the dark in play this season?

Yeah. They mentioned it several times early on as being a concern
They've been really good about keeping the vote quiet.
ElephantRider
AG
WTF Maria? That was brutal
Quinn
AG
Interesting that the players seemed to have a high view of Q's potential to win. I kind of had the same thought as he led a lot of the votes in the middle of the game.

Maria's debate on who to take to Pizza Hut was brutal. I can't believe that she thought that was the right way to do it.

The Porkchop Express
I've never been more certain of anything in my life than I was that it was Q who spelled it "Venise"
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
G Martin 87
AG
ElephantRider said:

WTF Maria? That was brutal
My guess is that she wanted to bring Q to keep him locked down, but realized she'd made a mistake picking Ben first on the basis of pity. She didn't want to wind up on the reward with two weak players while all the strategic players were together back at camp. I suspect she took a really long time hoping for another meltdown from Liz or for someone else to volunteer not to go like Charlie did. Have to wait for the interviews.
The Porkchop Express
Quinn said:

Interesting that the players seemed to have a high view of Q's potential to win. I kind of had the same thought as he led a lot of the votes in the middle of the game.

Maria's debate on who to take to Pizza Hut was brutal. I can't believe that she thought that was the right way to do it.

While Survivor has gratefully steered away from its terrible platform of social injustice after a few tainted seasons, at least some of that fear has to be based on race. Q is the only black player left and 3 of the 5 jury members are Soda, Tevin and Tiff, plus Hunter who he had a good alliance with and tried to help save at the end of Hunters time.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Logos Stick
Liz is a whiner. You don't deserve anything. The whole Applebees meltdown was pathetic. Don't sign up if you can't eat what's on the island! The only reason I would keep her around to the final is because she's a very weak player.

I think Q can win if he gets to the final, especially if he wins some immunity challenges and tosses Maria and Charlie. He messed his britches badly and is still in the game. Yeah, Maria brought him along as a tool but he then wins and ousts her at the end.
Quinn
AG

Quinn said:

While Survivor has gratefully steered away from its terrible platform of social injustice after a few tainted seasons, at least some of that fear has to be based on race. Q is the only black player left and 3 of the 5 jury members are Soda, Tevin and Tiff, plus Hunter who he had a good alliance with and tried to help save at the end of Hunters time.

What
Rudyjax
AG
Unless those players really don't like LIz, that cruelty is not going to earn you jury votes.

13 - 0
Maria screwed up and placed the target on her back. Suck her a@@ she won immunity, but she is public enemy #1 right now.

Q- "I shouldn't be here and I ate 23 pieces of pizza"..... Bahahaaaa!!!!

Poor Venise, she just couldn't keep her mouth shut or play it cool..... Survivor 101. However, what did they care? She may have scared them by coming close to winning the Immunity Challenge, but who cares? Keep her around as long as you can and take her to the final. She wasn't going to win.... nobody likes her and she hasn't played a great game.

Liz is a whiny POS..... she is probably so annoying to be around 24/7, but keep her around as long as you can and take her to the final also.

After Maria is gone, they better go after Taylor Swift boy.

Kenzie and Q have to be the favorites right now.
Rudyjax
AG
13 - 0 said:

Maria screwed up and placed the target on her back. Suck her a@@ she won immunity, but she is public enemy #1 right now.

Poor Venise, she just couldn't keep her mouth shut or play it cool..... Survivor 101. However, what did they care? She may have scared them by coming close to winning the Immunity Challenge, but who cares? Keep her around as long as you can and take her to the final. She wasn't going to win.... nobody likes her and she hasn't played a great game.

Liz is a whiny POS..... she is probably so annoying to be around 24/7, but keep her around as long as you can and take her to the final also.

I'd be shocked at this point if the swiftie and Maria didn't win it at this point.

Logos Stick
13 - 0 said:

Bingo!

Unless the remaining players are idiots, you have to vote off Maria and Swiftie if they don't get immunity.
G Martin 87
AG
Bringing Venus along to the final is definitely tempting, but her BS outweighs her usefulness. The only thing predictable about her gameplay is that she's constantly looking for ways to blow it all up to get the credit for making a "big move." She's a total wild card every single vote.
The Porkchop Express
What's your question?
The Porkchop Express
Logos Stick said:

13 - 0 said:

Bingo!

Unless the remaining players are idiots, you have to vote off Maria and Swiftie if they don't get immunity.
That's why I'm really surprised Charlie didn't go with the Q vote last night. Because if he's smart enough to see the Q/Maria problem, he should also be smart enough to see that if takes out Q/Maria at 5 and the other of them at 4, then it's him, Ben, Liz, and Kensey left, and those 3 would be bigger morons than I assume Liz and Ben already are - to let him get past 4.

Take out Q last night and you strand Maria on an island where she now has to be loyal to you and vote the way you want. Then you use that loyalty to take out Kensey at 5 and you and Maria are still alive at 4. As long as she doesn't win immunity at 4, you take her out then because the others are still convinced she's the favorite.
Ag87H2O
AG

I think Maria played it fine last night. Once she won the immunity, the target was on her back anyway. It will be interesting to see who decides to go afer each other first, her or Charlie.

Q cracked me up at the pizza party laughing and saying he just ate at a big food challenge and now had consumed 23 pieces of pizza. I wish he would make it to the final just to see it piss off Liz and especially Venus.

As has been said, Liz is such a whiner. As annoying as it is, you want to take her to the final with you.

I was so glad to see Venus booted, especially with the idol in her pocket. She is a special blend of arrogance and cluelessness. A legend in her own mind.

As slow as this season started, these past couple of episoded have been quite entertaining. I still think Maria or Charlie are the odds on favorites. Kenzie is the one they need to get out next, she's the biggest threat to both of them. Whoever wins this next immunity is going to be pivitol in how it all plays out.
The Porkchop Express
The thing is, Maria could have made a 30-second speech about Liz, picked her, and won her loyalty to the end as well as her vote in the final. Ben won't be loyal, who knows what Q is doing. She missed a real chance to play the sad violin and lock in a jury vote.
Rudyjax
AG

The thing is, Maria could have made a 30-second speech about Liz, picked her, and won her loyalty to the end as well as her vote in the final. Ben won't be loyal, who knows what Q is doing. She missed a real chance to play the sad violin and lock in a jury vote.
I don't see how she can turn away a jury vote. There is no way Liz is voting for her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.