Yellowpot history question

19,535 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CRussi
chadr03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grimmett, There has been a group folks that have been trying to get contact info for all Moses deads. I haven't seen your name in any of the emails. Shoot me an email chadr03 @ gmail.com.
gumby03
I do know that the Hotard Yellow Pot is now on display for all to see at the Dixie Chicken behind the front bar next to the Pearl Sign (at least last time I was there it was)

I believe it ends with this awesome guy named Kevin "gumby" Jackson... but that is just what I heard
Fitch
AG
When Hotard was killed and ResLife rolled them into HHH we absorbed their bonfire crew. I've never been totally clear on the hilton crew's history, having piecemealed a bunch of stories together from those last residents still hanging around, but HHH does have a chief pot that has the hilton 'H' on it, and I'm pretty certain there's a brownpot line with it as well. I always wondered what Hotard from Hell must have been like.... It often seems like a lot of the fun stuff at A&M died just before I got there. /ramblings
commando2004
AG
quote:
I always wondered what Hotard from Hell must have been like....

I went to the very last one when I was a grad student. Thought it was worth the two-hour wait in line.

It was a huge activity for their dorm. Seemed like everyone there had a part, whether it was screaming, menacingly waving their machetes, torturing some dude tied to a bed frame, or just lying on the staircase pretending to be dead.

quote:
It often seems like a lot of the fun stuff at A&M died just before I got there.

Yeah, I got that feeling too.
gumby03
Yeah that HHH pot was the old Hotard "wake up "pot (crew chief). It keeps on getting stolen and passed down, which is pretty cool. Hotard from hell was awesome, The 3rd floor was always fun because it is where the Yellow pot and 2 crew chiefs were at and they ran the chainsaw.....always a scare!
Keegan99
AG
Hotard From Hell was one of those events that was allowed to continue only because it had been around so long.

My understanding is that the dorm residents started it back in the early 80's, and it just continued on year after year.

The only major constraint ResLife placed on the event was that it had to be completely set up and torn down in one day.
agcoop10
AG
Anyone care to post what all Hotard from Hell entailed?
Fitch
AG
It was a Halloween haunted house, but with an entire dorm. It was one of those things the dorm council made money off of (I think), so for that reason and because it got to be fun as hell, they went all out. Blacked out all the floors, fake blood, etc. at least those are the stories I've heard. The killed the hilton before my class got here.

One of the best stories I heard from the year or two before reslife killed it was when the residents stuck a projector out of one of the upper story windows and shined it onto the mostly white brick Neeley. Neeley has windows fairly far apart so this basically offered a big screen on which to watch movies and play pong. It wasn't long before the Neeley girls figured out about this, and on the occasions hotard played pong, every time the ball bounced over to one side of the screen (bordered by the dorm's windows) the girls in those rooms would give the hotard guys a show to try and make them miss bouncing the ball.

Any old Ho's out there should correct me if I'm wrong on some of this.
TooTall 06
AG
Hotard from hell was awesome. I lived on 3rd floor from Spring '04-till it closed in '05. Unfortunately, I was in a wedding the day the Hotard from Hell was held. I was able to get back for the last 30 or 40 minutes of it.

There was a lot of people jumping out from behind random objects. We "acquired" a lot of batt's and such to fill the floors with. Those Batt's were stored in a room that was supposed to be occupied by no other than Jorrie Adams. We would bury people in the newspaper and have them reach out and grab people while the were walking through. Somehow some of the coeds didn't take to kindly to that. We had chainsaws running and people walking through with machete's and such.

Then there was the room that had just a TV set up in it along with one of our HHH ladyfriends setup behind it as the girl from the ring...kinda creepy looking. There was also the S&M room that *might* have had a certain texags favorite playing a staring role. Then there was the d**ktator and the flaming flying c**k monkey randomly appearing. Lots of other stuff that I don't remember. Good times...

We tried to continue Hotard from Hell in HHH that year after everyone moved over to HHH...but it really didn't go so well if I recall. BTW Fitch...reslife didn't force us to move to HHH we petitioned them to let us move over there. At that time, HHH only had a couple of people coming out to cut. Parts of Hotard wanted to start a formal crew in '05, other parts just wanted to move over to HHH to be closer to some of the friends we had made over the last year or so.

Hotard's crew kind of died in '04 because of some unfortunate events that I will not go into. By the end of '04 there were just a few of us were the wore the Hilton Colors. Up until that point, Hotard played a pivotal role in the start of Student Bonfire. Many of it's residents were part of the early upper leadership. Maybe Gumby would like to fill in the history of Hotard in Bonfire's early days, I came along late enough where I didn't hear a lot of those stories. I couldn't even tell you the lines of Hotard. I just came out and tried to work hard.

As I write this, I just realized that I am wearing my "Hotard Hall...you're girlfriend knows where it's at" shirt...

[This message has been edited by TooTall 06 (edited 1/19/2010 1:05a).]

[This message has been edited by TooTall 06 (edited 2/6/2010 7:00p).]
Zeke1995
AG
When I was in Moses in the early 1990s, we tried to get Hotard to adopt

-- "Hotard Hall, we get our mail first!" --

as their yell, but this movement never really gained any traction . . . .
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
I believe it ends with this awesome guy named Kevin "gumby" Jackson... but that is just what I heard

I've heard that guy is a POS. pretty much worthless in everything Bonfire.

the pot is still there. I had the bartender let me look it over this past weekend. the gig'em sticker is coming loose.

if you read this gumby, stay safe over in the sandbox.
Gamekeeper
I know red pots have been traditionally male, I have seen various female crew chiefs, but has there ever been a female yellow?
miss_redass
AG
I don't think we've ever had one, and according to the JRPs this year, females CAN'T be yellowpots. (ours left the woods for an afternoon and a girl was calling a log... We claimed she was our acting yellowpot. That went over REAL well, lemme tell ya.)

---------------------------
OCHWFLAKASSOBRTTEFE

[This message has been edited by miss_redass (edited 11/2/2011 10:49a).]
randomstuff
Actually, OC had a female Yellow. I think her nickname was Disney or something like that.
miss_redass
AG
Oh I had heard something about that...

OCHWFLAKASSOBRTTEFE
Fitch
AG
I would look it up in the bonfire rule book, m'kay. Bonfire is diverse, m'kay.
HedleyLamar
AG
quote:
the bonfire rule book

Well, you see, you have to make sure you get the right edition, as some of the wording changes from time to time. I can remember a time when it was standard to use bottle jacks to ensure all the dorm logs were the same height, but alas, only the most redass crews try to do that these days.

Build the Hell Outta Student Bonfire
TexasRebel
AG
quote:
ours left the woods for an afternoon and a girl was calling a log... We claimed she was our acting yellowpot

Does this mean the yellows are wasting all of their time calling logs these days?
miss_redass
AG
Negative. We just felt like getting the JRPs riled up lol

OCHWFLAKASSOBRTTEFE
hbc07
AG
quote:
I think her nickname was Disney or something like that.
she was YP in '05 or '06... i'm thinking '05
KeaganH
Howdy! I know I'm 10 years late, but seeing as the conversation went in the question of female yellows, in the past 2-3 years Hart hall, FHKplex, and HHH have had female yellows.

HHH's current female yellow does a good job, they did an excellent job recruiting this season!

Keagan Hathorn
Dead Appelt Trapper Pot '19
TAMU '21
keaganhathorn@gmail.com

LASLGSSFMTOCS
Apaullo
I'll add to Keggels here that Neeley has a girl yellow this year

OCA Rebel Pot '21, Baby Brownpot '21
CRussi
AG
As the 24(current at the time of writing this)OC yellow i dont see a feminine name on the pot at all. We have a gap from 00-05 are not on the pot so maybe she was 05. I know 06 was nick kacchler. I know other crews in the fall of 23 had a female yellow but i dont think OC has to my knowledge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.