Paul, on the road to Damascus...

1,156 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Acts9:3

3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.

I've wondered what the origin of this blinding light might have been in the past.
AggieRain
AG
I'm not a Bible expert, but I think it was Jesus...
Rocag
AG
I know where this thread is going...

Leonard H. Stringfield
Rocag said:

Perhaps?
88Warrior
Please……just……stop…..
Rocag
AG
For those of us that don't accept remote viewing as a legitimate information gathering technique, what other evidence do you have to support your ideas?
Leonard H. Stringfield
Rocag said:

For those of us that don't accept remote viewing as a legitimate information gathering technique, what other evidence do you have to support your ideas?
I suppose once you are convinced of the extraterrestrial reality, it opens up all sorts of new possibilities? I jumped head first into the subject for religious purposes and there are some scriptures which always caused me to pause. This event was one of those. The quote from the former NASA official regarding the reaction of Pres. Carter being told the truth might be supporting information (evidence). Some believe Ezekiel's "wheel" is a description of an extraterrestrial vehicle.
Leonard H. Stringfield
88Warrior said:

Please……just……stop…..
No..conversations need to happen.
BonfireNerd04
More importantly, how was Paul the only person around to see this light?
Leonard H. Stringfield
BonfireNerd04 said:

More importantly, how was Paul the only person around to see this light?
Indeed. Certainly the only one to be temporarily blinded. That I've heard of..
jrico2727
AG

Who would ever imagine that with techniques such as this, staring at goats, remote viewing is found to be over 85% inaccurate. The sibylline oracles were allegedly more accurate. Perhaps they should focus on them and at least figure out how to get the grift down better.
747Ag
AG
Rocag said:

Leonard H. Stringfield
The Vatican believes they are simply part of God's creation. Some believe demons..angels et. al. are simply the names given to extraterrestrials by primitive cultures. Why would demons disable our nuclear tipped icbm's? Why would they tell children that we are doing great harm to this planet? Why would they blind Paul?

kurt vonnegut
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

Rocag said:

I suppose once you are convinced of the extraterrestrial reality, it opens up all sorts of new possibilities? I jumped head first into the subject for religious purposes and there are some scriptures which always caused me to pause. This event was one of those. The quote from the former NASA official regarding the reaction of Pres. Carter being told the truth might be supporting information (evidence). Some believe Ezekiel's "wheel" is a description of an extraterrestrial vehicle.

As I was reading the interactions on this thread and it occurred to me that the way the Christians here might react to your ideas reminds me of the way that atheists have reacted to Christian beliefs. Rocag was looking for a level of evidence and support that does not exist or does not exist in a way that will be convincing to someone who, as you put it, has already been convinced of a truth. In your case, that truth is the ET reality.

Very generally, what you appear to believe in is a specific set of presuppositions, that data from the natural world is useful in understanding reality, and you believe in a process for gaining additional knowledge that either borders on or is firmly with the category of mysticism and supernatural. Looked at that way, what you believe is not really all that different from what any other religion believes. You've simply accepted a different set of presuppositions and carried them to their conclusions.

Now, I can already hear the objections to this comparison. And many of those objections are legitimate. But, don't read too deeply . . . . I think that my point is that we all have a tendency to look at each other's beliefs as though the other person is totally nuts.

When Christians read what I type out here, I have no doubt that many think that I am nuts. And when I read some of the stuff you believe or that Christians believe, I am certainly tempted to think you all are nuts. And perhaps you think the rest of us are nuts.

No big point or anything to my post. Just an observation.
88Warrior
kurt vonnegut said:

Rocag said:

As I was reading the interactions on this thread and it occurred to me that the way the Christians here might react to your ideas reminds me of the way that atheists have reacted to Christian beliefs. Rocag was looking for a level of evidence and support that does not exist or does not exist in a way that will be convincing to someone who, as you put it, has already been convinced of a truth. In your case, that truth is the ET reality.

Very generally, what you appear to believe in is a specific set of presuppositions, that data from the natural world is useful in understanding reality, and you believe in a process for gaining additional knowledge that either borders on or is firmly with the category of mysticism and supernatural. Looked at that way, what you believe is not really all that different from what any other religion believes. You've simply accepted a different set of presuppositions and carried them to their conclusions.

Now, I can already hear the objections to this comparison. And many of those objections are legitimate. But, don't read too deeply . . . . I think that my point is that we all have a tendency to look at each other's beliefs as though the other person is totally nuts.

When Christians read what I type out here, I have no doubt that many think that I am nuts. And when I read some of the stuff you believe or that Christians believe, I am certainly tempted to think you all are nuts. And perhaps you think the rest of us are nuts.

As a Christian I can see what you're saying.
Leonard H. Stringfield
kurt vonnegut said:

Rocag said:

I was simply asking a question regarding the event. Not sure what I believe about it. I do have some thoughts given I'm convinced in the nhi reality. Just interested in what others may think.
kurt vonnegut
AG

I was simply asking a question regarding the event. Not sure what I believe about it. I do have some thoughts given I'm convinced in the nhi reality. Just interested in what others may think.

I definitely believe the National Highway Institute is real.
Leonard H. Stringfield
kurt vonnegut said:

I definitely believe the National Highway Institute is real.
Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter:
1st Director of the CIA (1947-1950)
"It is time for the truth to be brought out....Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officials are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense....I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about Unidentified Flying Objects."
Hillenkoetter, Roscoe; "Aliens from Space", Major Donald E. Keyhoe, 1975

(Please note the "dangers" that Hillenkoetter talks about are from SECRECY not from the UFOs.

one MEEN Ag
AG
Paul saw Jesus sitting on the throne in heaven that has been reserved for the Son of Man (Messiah) since Adam fell. The throne that only a perfect man can sit on. Filling this throne is ground zero for the hope for a Messiah in the Torah. Therefore Jesus by being able to claim that throne is a proof to Paul that he was God in man form and worthy to sit on the throne.

Paul was, at least, familiar with a group of very devout jews who would recite prayers all day, partially in hopes, of receiving a vision of heaven. They had been known to have visions that ascended with the same themes of Ezekiel's visions of heaven. But the last time I looked into it, nobody had been able to see as 'high' as Ezekiel (I.E. see the empty throne).

So Paul saw Jesus, in the most distilled jewish way possible, prove his Messianic glory as the fortold Messiah of the Torah. Because Jesus was sitting on that throne.

And yes, the wheels and chariot that Ezekiel saw would anachronistically count as an unidentified flying object (even though Ezekiel was the only one who saw it as a vision). It also would be considered a vehicle by the texas department of transportation and require registration to move.
Leonard H. Stringfield
one MEEN Ag said:

Paul saw Jesus sitting on the throne in heaven that has been reserved for the Son of Man (Messiah) since Adam fell. The throne that only a perfect man can sit on. Filling this throne is ground zero for the hope for a Messiah in the Torah. Therefore Jesus by being able to claim that throne is a proof to Paul that he was God in man form and worthy to sit on the throne.

Paul was, at least, familiar with a group of very devout jews who would recite prayers all day, partially in hopes, of receiving a vision of heaven. They had been known to have visions that ascended with the same themes of Ezekiel's visions of heaven. But the last time I looked into it, nobody had been able to see as 'high' as Ezekiel (I.E. see the empty throne).

So Paul saw Jesus, in the most distilled jewish way possible, prove his Messianic glory as the fortold Messiah of the Torah.

And yes, the wheels and chariot that Ezekiel saw would anachronistically count as an unidentified flying object (even though Ezekiel was the only one who saw it as a vision). It also would be considered a vehicle by the texas department of transportation and require registration to move.
Would the pilots be called demons or simply other beings of God's creation?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.