Did the Nephilim Build the Megaliths?

2,637 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by AG @ HEART
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did the Nephilim Build the Megaliths?
Rocag
AG
One of the things that most annoys me about this "Ancient Aliens" type nonsense is how it infantilizes ancient civilizations and supports this idea that people in the past were less intelligent and less creative than modern people are. But we have no reason to think that is true for any person living in the last 50,000 years or so. They were pretty much the same as we are today, just living in different circumstances.

We don't need theories about aliens or supernatural beings to explain ancient cultures and the things they built. They're just completely unnecessary. Take the pyramids, for example. We have clear examples of the periods of trial and error they went through as they came up with the design and figured out how to build them. You can go to Egypt for yourself and see the ancient mastabas from which the idea of the pyramid grew. You can also see the ruins of pyramids where the builders messed up the design or used subpar materials.

The people of the past were no less mentally capable than the people living today. Why posit they had help from an outside source when it isn't necessary to explain their achievements?
ramblin_ag02
AG
I agree 100%. It's also fascinating to follow the trends in intelligence and over all health in people as civilization progresses. For the most part, the hunter gatherers where as intelligent and healthy as any modern day person. Nomadic peoples continued to show this vigor through all of history. However, the initial switch to agriculture limited nutrients, but allowed population to increase. There were more people, but each individual had less nutrition and more exposure to local toxins such as lead. So there is a significant drop off in health and intelligence with the advent of agriculture. This improved and declined sporadically but had an overall slow improvement as far flung trade and better agricultural practices were slowly developed. The industrial revolution then lead to another big drop in health and intelligence due to urban crowding causing disease, a shoddy urban food supply, and near starvation level wages. It's only been since WW2 that we are seeing people get back to the "baseline" levels that our genetics can support when we have good nutrition and a relatively toxin free environment.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
No
AggieChemist
AG
There is scientific evidence that our brains are rapidly evolving. So I'm not sure your postulate holds.
Jabin
ramblin_ag02 said:

I agree 100%. It's also fascinating to follow the trends in intelligence and over all health in people as civilization progresses. For the most part, the hunter gatherers where as intelligent and healthy as any modern day person. Nomadic peoples continued to show this vigor through all of history. However, the initial switch to agriculture limited nutrients, but allowed population to increase. There were more people, but each individual had less nutrition and more exposure to local toxins such as lead. So there is a significant drop off in health and intelligence with the advent of agriculture. This improved and declined sporadically but had an overall slow improvement as far flung trade and better agricultural practices were slowly developed. The industrial revolution then lead to another big drop in health and intelligence due to urban crowding causing disease, a shoddy urban food supply, and near starvation level wages. It's only been since WW2 that we are seeing people get back to the "baseline" levels that our genetics can support when we have good nutrition and a relatively toxin free environment.
Do you have data or links to support your arguments that:

• People had "less nutrition" with the advent of agriculture?
  • The industrial revolution led to a big drop in health and intelligence?
  • The industrial revolution led to "near starvation level wages"?
  • That it's only since WW2 that "we are seeing people get back to the 'baseline" levels that our genetcis can support"?

Everything I've read so far contradicts each of those 4 points, so I would like to learn more and figure out which perspective is more accurate.

Thanks.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Rocag said:

One of the things that most annoys me about this "Ancient Aliens" type nonsense is how it infantilizes ancient civilizations and supports this idea that people in the past were less intelligent and less creative than modern people are. But we have no reason to think that is true for any person living in the last 50,000 years or so. They were pretty much the same as we are today, just living in different circumstances.

We don't need theories about aliens or supernatural beings to explain ancient cultures and the things they built. They're just completely unnecessary. Take the pyramids, for example. We have clear examples of the periods of trial and error they went through as they came up with the design and figured out how to build them. You can go to Egypt for yourself and see the ancient mastabas from which the idea of the pyramid grew. You can also see the ruins of pyramids where the builders messed up the design or used subpar materials.

The people of the past were no less mentally capable than the people living today. Why posit they had help from an outside source when it isn't necessary to explain their achievements?
Because not everyone believes as you do?

If nothing else, it triggers some cerebral activity.
Rocag
AG
Do you believe the people living up to 10000 years in the past lacked the intelligence and creativity necessary to build large scale structures and projects? If so, why?
Leonard H. Stringfield
Rocag said:

Do you believe the people living up to 10000 years in the past lacked the intelligence and creativity necessary to build large scale structures and projects? If so, why?
I think they lacked the hardware/tech. And yes, the data collected by Farsight Institute using a technique developed by our CIA and Stanford Research Institute for military espionage purposes.......clearly suggests this to be the case. For many of these structures around the planet, we simply did not do it on our own.

Whether it was the Nephalim....dunno.

The Great Pyramid of Giza: The Mystery Solved (Complete Version)
ramblin_ag02
AG
Jabin said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Do you have data or links to support your arguments that:

• People had "less nutrition" with the advent of agriculture?
  • The industrial revolution led to a big drop in health and intelligence?
  • The industrial revolution led to "near starvation level wages"?
  • That it's only since WW2 that "we are seeing people get back to the 'baseline" levels that our genetcis can support"?

Everything I've read so far contradicts each of those 4 points, so I would like to learn more and figure out which perspective is more accurate.

Thanks.
Not a scholarly research article, but this reflects the consensus
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/evolution-of-diet/#:~:text=As%20the%20earliest%20farmers%20became,hunter%2Dgatherers%2C%20says%20Larsen.
Quote:

When biological anthropologist Clark Spencer Larsen of Ohio State University describes the dawn of agriculture, it's a grim picture. As the earliest farmers became dependent on crops, their diets became far less nutritionally diverse than hunter-gatherers' diets. Eating the same domesticated grain every day gave early farmers cavities and periodontal disease rarely found in hunter-gatherers, says Larsen. When farmers began domesticating animals, those cattle, sheep, and goats became sources of milk and meat but also of parasites and new infectious diseases. Farmers suffered from iron deficiency and developmental delays, and they shrank in stature.

Despite boosting population numbers, the lifestyle and diet of farmers were clearly not as healthy as the lifestyle and diet of hunter-gatherers. That farmers produced more babies, Larsen says, is simply evidence that "you don't have to be disease free to have children."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1879981722000705#bib41
Quote:

Contemporary reports from England during the 1830 s and 1840 s noted the poor health of the working classes including decreased stature (Lindert and Williamson, 1983, Lindert, 1994, Flinn, 1965, Floud and Harris, 1997). In 1845 Engels (1969:127) stated that industrial working conditions "have placed the workers under conditions in which they can neither retain health nor live long; that it undermines the vital force of these workers gradually, little by little, and so hurries them to the grave before their time". This is supported by economic history research in the 20th century: while there was a general increase in adult male stature over the course of the industrial period, there was a decline in stature during the second quarter of the 19th century, corresponding with the period of rapid urbanization and the writing of the historical reports noted above (Floud and Harris, 1997). These reports attest to the overall decline in health;
Most of my information regarding starvation wages during the early industrial revolution comes from podcasts. I'll have to look around for written sources. Off the top of my head, a discussed of the Irish immigration to NYC in the early 1800s lead to a dozen or more people living in small apartments, rampant child labor, and men dying by their 30s in droves.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3430923/
This one talks about the rise of blood lead levels during industrialization, and the effects of lead on intelligence are well known and documented. The next one estimates the total drop in US IQ due to lead levels. It stops at 1980, so I may have been wrong saying the end of WW2. More like the 1980s

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2118631119
Quote:

The average lead-linked loss in cognitive ability was 2.6 IQ points per person as of 2015. This amounted to a total loss of 824,097,690 IQ points, disproportionately endured by those born between 1951 and 1980.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rocag
AG
There's nothing about the pyramids that couldn't have been built with relatively low tech solutions. There's plenty of videos out there showing people moving around huge stone blocks with relative ease just using simple tools and leverage. Someone remote viewing them isn't going to change that.

And this is part of the problem. People legitimately underestimate what can be done with simple tools, a lot of manpower, and years of time to put them to work.
Jabin
With regard to the ancient changes from "hunter gatherers" to settled agricultural, virtually everything written, by experts or otherwise, is mostly speculation. Very little hard evidence exists, naturally enough, since that transition occurred tens of thousands of years ago.

We do have some modern analogs (e.g., the Plains Indians vs. the settled, agricultural eastern tribes). Those analogs do show that the agricultural tribes did have a higher rate of tooth decay and arthritis, but to offset that they also had a much higher birth rate, lower rate of infant mortality, and reduced periodic starvation.

The Industrial Revolution was all over the place. Yes, there were some horror stories, but the lives of the agricultural peasants was even worse. A French economic historian named Fernand Braudel, I believe, wrote a ground breaking work on the European peasant life back in the 70s or 80s and it showed how short and miserable their lives were. There's a reason that the peasantry flocked to the factories when given the opportunity. Economic historians have shown conclusively that the average income of Europeans increased dramatically with the advent of the industrial revolution.

We also shouldn't confuse the results of urbanization with those from industrialization. They were intertwined, but one did not necessarily cause the other. The poor health that existed at certain times was more the result of the sudden mass urbanization for which European society and governments were woefully unprepared. London did not even have a sewer system until the late 1800s even though its population exceeded 1 million by 1800 and numbered in the hundreds of thousands for centuries prior to that date. For hundreds of years the Thames River was an open sewer, and to fall into it was a guaranty of death.

I saw a presentation by a Finnish economist on PBS years ago that showed that life spans and average family income increased dramatically in each country around the world as the industrial revolution swept through. You point to the Irish slums in NY, but what were conditions like back in Ireland? How long did those slums last? What was the turnover out of those slums?

That period in US history, frequently called the "Robber Baron" period, did have many bad situations, people, and events. However, the "muckracker" journalists succeeded in convincing us that those conditions were universal, when in fact they were relatively isolated, infrequent, and short-lived. There are multiple other accounts, ignored by the muckrackers, of industrialists who made great effort to improve the lives of the people who worked for them and their families. Edward Doheny (interestingly, an Irishman), of Teapot Dome and There Will be Blood fame, is an example. He was vilified in the book and movie, which left him incredulous as he had made hundreds of his fellow Irish immigrants into millionaires, and that was back when a millionaire actually meant something.

Finally, while lead poisoning was clearly a problem that plagued humanity until recently, how in the world can anyone estimate IQs within a few points from hundreds of years ago? Those kind of statements lack any kind of evidentiary support or rigor. I've seen other studies that purport to show that human IQ has been steadily declining over the centuries.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Cool story. I'm really not sure the point of our discussion. I merely pointed out that changes in lifestyle over different human epochs is reflected in the health and intelligence of those people. I then stated and backed up the general consensus for what those changes were and why they happened. You took issue with this. Are you trying to say that lifestyle doesn't affect health or intelligence? Or are you just opposed to the consensus view on the subject? I'm no athropologist. I'm not going to defend the current consensus on these issues, but the consensus does make sense and has evidence to support it.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Rocag said:

There's nothing about the pyramids that couldn't have been built with relatively low tech solutions. There's plenty of videos out there showing people moving around huge stone blocks with relative ease just using simple tools and leverage. Someone remote viewing them isn't going to change that.

And this is part of the problem. People legitimately underestimate what can be done with simple tools, a lot of manpower, and years of time to put them to work.
We had assistance.

Trust the data.

Puma Punku as well....

The Mystery of Puma Punku: Trailer
Jabin
You are right. I apologize. My questions and posts had nothing to do with the direction of this thread.
jkag89
So why did ET help ancient humans build huge stone structures? Why not something more like modern structures or maybe the simple use of cement?
Aggrad08
AG
jkag89 said:

So why did ET help ancient humans build huge stone structures? Why not something more like modern structures or maybe the simple use of cement?

This is a particularly funny point. Alien travels across universe in a trip that either takes ages or somehow violates the speed of light. Visits what to him are essentially hairless chimps he finds playing with basic tools and decides to teach them to make monuments to their god kings rather than mentioning that they should maybe boil their water.
Leonard H. Stringfield
jkag89 said:

Let's get past a simple general disclosure and acceptance of the reality first. I'd love to get the chance to ask them multiple questions, though not sure this would be one.
jkag89
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

jkag89 said:

Let's get past a simple general disclosure and acceptance of the reality first. I'd love to get the chance to ask them multiple questions, though not sure this would be one.

Part of getting doubters to accept the "reality" is to eliminate objections. A good way of doing this is not to side step questions.
AG @ HEART
Ryan Pitterson has a great book on this very subject "Judgment of the Nephilim" it's a Biblically anchored book that traverses the hybridization attempt from the word go in Genisis 3 to Revalation. It expands a light into how the redemptive blood line was sought to be destroyed. Additionally it speaks from some extra biblical sources that shed some concurrent context it evident in the Bible like Josephus, early church fathers etc.

Now I'm sure some here will think this is silly and kooky.
But the world we inhabit is much more supernatural and spiritual than some want to believe, and sadly many Christian's deny that fact as well to seem "reasonable"

If you're into everything of the Bible, ancient history and how everything has ties to everything this is a great book.

Also this podcast is great for many topics related to high strangeness from a biblical worldview.

For Apple users.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/blurry-creatures/id1526885135?i=1000501508325

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/blurry-creatures/id1526885135?i=1000637750524

And for you android out casts

Look up the Blurry creatures podcast

Leonard H. Stringfield
jkag89 said:

jkag89 said:

Part of getting doubters to accept the "reality" is to eliminate objections. A good way of doing this is not to side step questions.
Why did ET help ancient humans build huge stone structures you asked. I don't know. I'd watch the video I've linked. Why has et been involved over thousands, perhaps millions of years in our evolution, implementing at least 3 of the world's major religions, disabled our nuclear tipped ICBMs, warned us telepathically via some children that we are doing great harm to the planet.....etc, etc, I'd say when that information is available, there will be a high probability that it will find it's way here on TA. Just doing to work of an evangelist..
What I do know is that using a technique developed by our CIA and Stanford Res Institute for military espionage purposes, Farsight Institute in Atlanta has collected much data confirming that et has certainly been involved. Tremendously. Many ignore what is referred to The Ancient Astronaut theory. History Channel has produced a whole series, Ancient Aliens, which has continued to be very popular over several years discussing the theories. I wouldn't be surprised if much of that is legit and some even dove-tails nicely with what has been done at Farsight. Here is the summary video of a project with The Great Pyramid being the target:

Farsight remote viewing project: The Great Pyramid

I will also provide a link to an excellent documentary all about remote viewing:

3rd Eye Spies

Who are the Nephalim? Scripture speaks of giants of old..offspring resulting from sons of God and women of men having relations. Just who are these sons of God?

bonus presentation

Did you go to Olsen this evening? I've going to Olsen since mid '80s and never seen us be as dominant as tonight. Against Vandy...

course baseball being such a squirrelly sport..we could lose 15-0 tomorrow

jkag89
Quote:

I'd watch the video I've linked.
I'm not going to waste my time on a 2+ hour video especially considering the track record of many videos you've posted which tend to be the equivalent of a wall of text.
Quote:

Why has et been involved over thousands, perhaps millions of years in our evolution, implementing at least 3 of the world's major religions, disabled our nuclear tipped ICBMs, warned us telepathically via some children that we are doing great harm to the planet.....etc, etc, I'd say when that information is available, there will be a high probability that it will find it's way here on TA.
Unlike you, I don't accept any of this as established verifiable facts.
Quote:

Just doing to work of an evangelist..
You're doing a poor job then.
Quote:

Many ignore what is referred to The Ancient Astronaut theory. History Channel has produced a whole series, Ancient Aliens, which has continued to be very popular over several years discussing the theories. I wouldn't be surprised if much of that is legit and some even dove-tails nicely with what has been done at Farsight.
The Ancient Astronaut theory is complete garbage. Every Men and Women Staring at Goats Farsight video I've wasted my time upon just comes across bad improve. It is beyond me why you think it is any sort of "data point" that will convince those of us you are trying to evangelize to the "reality."

While I do enjoy The Why Files videos, they are a lot of fun and somewhat balanced, but why would an advanced alien race capable of interstellar travel need to create a slave race to mine for gold?
Leonard H. Stringfield
Who knows?

I do respect your opinion btw.

ramblin_ag02
AG
jkag89 said:

This always makes me laugh. Aliens travel across the vast distances of space to teach us to use stone as a building material and to stack it. They could have at least taught us something cool like wifi or carbon nanotubes or math
Leonard H. Stringfield
ramblin_ag02 said:

jkag89 said:

This always makes me laugh. Aliens travel across the vast distances of space to teach us to use stone as a building material and to stack it. They could have at least taught us something cool like wifi or carbon nanotubes or math
Unless they didn't choose to? Would we give a chimp a cell phone?
Leonard H. Stringfield

One of the best remote viewers ever gives his thoughts here. Fascinating target via our CIA.

ramblin_ag02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/bgy9pr/ape_using_a_smartphone/
Leonard H. Stringfield
ramblin_ag02 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BeAmazed/comments/bgy9pr/ape_using_a_smartphone/
awesome
Leonard H. Stringfield

Project at Farsight....interesting results in the full video.
Leonard H. Stringfield

PabloSerna
AG
St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas teach:
1. "Sons of God" were the noble and righteous (human) sons of Seth.
2. "Daughters of Men" were the female daughters of the (human) sons of Cain.
3. "Nephilim" were the (human) decedents of these two groups.

Very Important:
4. Angels, fallen or not, cannot copulate with women, lest you deny that God is the God of life. Never mind that they are pure spirit and that only God can give them form.
5. Remember that Jesus said, a house divided cannot stand when addressing if Beelzebub (demon) gave Jesus the power to cast out demons. (Mt 12:22-28). Therefore it follows that God's hand cannot create "evil" giants.

+++

This is a mixture of Greek and Hebrew legends that used symbolic language to understand how people like the Philistines came into power. What happened to them and why God flooded the earth.

AG @ HEART
PabloSerna said:

St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas teach:
1. "Sons of God" were the noble and righteous (human) sons of Seth.
2. "Daughters of Men" were the female daughters of the (human) sons of Cain.
3. "Nephilim" were the (human) decedents of these two groups.

Very Important:
4. Angels, fallen or not, cannot copulate with women, lest you deny that God is the God of life. Never mind that they are pure spirit and that only God can give them form.
5. Remember that Jesus said, a house divided cannot stand when addressing if Beelzebub (demon) gave Jesus the power to cast out demons. (Mt 12:22-28). Therefore it follows that God's hand cannot create "evil" giants.

+++

This is a mixture of Greek and Hebrew legends that used symbolic language to understand how people like the Philistines came into power. What happened to them and why God flooded the earth.

PabloSerna
AG
There is no demon sperm.
AG @ HEART
PabloSerna said:

There is no demon sperm.

No one is saying it's demon sperm. If it's the sons of Cain theory then why is "Sons of God" never mentioned of men but of the angels in the OT? Jude says they left their First estate and are locked in Tartarus. It may sound crazy but then again the Bible speaks of chimeras and bloodsuckers. Studying this has brought me to the realization that many Christians have a very shallow view of the heavenly and supernatural, to think that Christianity is so very spiritual is cringy to some.

And in no way am I attacking you, but understanding why God to the measures he did in the flood, the prohibitions on the nation mingling with certain tribes, prohibitions on actions, etc. He didn't say those things just to be a fuddy-duddy. These strange things were going on. Days of Noah just doesn't mean very bad people, we've always had evil people on a huge scale throughout history.

And if anything learning of the Gen 6 events and measures taken to counter it by God makes me praise him even more.
Infection_Ag11
AG

One of the best remote viewers ever gives his thoughts here. Fascinating target via our CIA.

I'll never understand how an educated adult can watch something like that and do anything but laugh at the absurdity.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.