The Mercy Tree

602 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Zobel
Jim Hogg is angry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazing to think that through a tree humanity fell, and sin and death entered the world (Genesis 3), but God would use another tree to bring hope and redemption.

Galatians 3:13 reads, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us; for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree."

This is one of my favorite songs, and I thank God he extends mercy to all that come to him through repentance and faith in the finished work of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

"That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".
- Romans 10:9-10
dermdoc
AG
Thanks for that. And that verse may be my new favorite one. It is so simple and we tend to make it so hard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggietony2010
AG
One of the traditional prefaces (beginning of the Eucharistic prayer in the Catholic Mass) expresses this theme, and is one of my favorites. Sadly it doesn't get used much anymore (used to be used in the two weeks leading up to Easter, but now only once a year).

It's a beautiful juxtaposition.

Zobel
AG
Hey! I know them! They go to my church!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.